Impending Transfer and Character Names

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya,

Anyone know what the procedure is for the transfer and names when it happens?

If you transfer from Dyvet to Ywain-10 for example and someone else has the same name, does it automatically postfix it with something or do you have to change the name to something else or maybe just stick an EU on the end, or whatever you want?

Many thanks,
Hypno

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You'll have to change your name. Brite has a good vn thread about it :p

Influenza

Part of the furniture
When we originally transferred to ywain , duplicate names had a number attached to them for a while then we had to change the name , Qqnametaken111 etc....

Ive got some of the same names on ywain as i do on dyvet , im hoping if i delete them that they will become available. Last time i deleted my skald and tried to use the name on another char and it wouldnt let me , but it would let me use it on remaking the skald.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, I made some lvl1 chars on US acc with the same names like I have on EU. So I won't be able to use theese names if I delete the lvl 1 chars? :p

I have to pay my us acc for 1 month anyway to delete the lvl 1 chars... So maybe it's useless to pay for 1 month :E

br1te

Loyal Freddie
You'll have to change your name. Brite has a good vn thread about it :p

Yeh that thread was a nice reminder never to post on VN boards after 4/5 years.... it hasnt changed like a lot of the players here :p

OMG NOOB LOST HIS NAME LOL HAHAHA YOU GOT OWNED CRY MORE !!!!1111one11 etc

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, wasn't the best idea to try and get name respecs for my chars and "booking" the names i wanted on ywain then.. :lol:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeh that thread was a nice reminder never to post on VN boards after 4/5 years.... it hasnt changed like a lot of the players here :p

OMG NOOB LOST HIS NAME LOL HAHAHA YOU GOT OWNED CRY MORE !!!!1111one11 etc

Indeed.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
If you want to change the name of your EU chars and you have a US account, pre-create a US char with the name of the EU char who's name you want to change.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to change the name of your EU chars and you have a US account, pre-create a US char with the name of the EU char who's name you want to change.

Yeah, we know.. the only problem is that we only wanted to book our names, not to change them ;< QQ

Everz

FH is my second home
I have a char on ywain called Eversmall already.. does this mean I have to rename my chanter :(?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I have a char on ywain called Eversmall already.. does this mean I have to rename my chanter :(?

only if they are on the same servers i think. (as in ywain-1 for example)

i have 2 toons named Ctuchik on dyvet cluster, one on pryd and the other on excal.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
When we originally transferred to ywain , duplicate names had a number attached to them for a while then we had to change the name , Qqnametaken111 etc....

Ive got some of the same names on ywain as i do on dyvet , im hoping if i delete them that they will become available. Last time i deleted my skald and tried to use the name on another char and it wouldnt let me , but it would let me use it on remaking the skald.

That is because the toon isn't deleted until you overwrite the slot.

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Ta for the info..

Off to see if 'Lookatmyfanny' (obviously bum in yank speak) and 'canoeinmypants' are taken :clap:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
It a pain on ywain for names getting needed when people appeal ya,ask amphrax ;)

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
only if they are on the same servers i think. (as in ywain-1 for example)

i have 2 toons named Ctuchik on dyvet cluster, one on pryd and the other on excal.

Makes no differance what server they are on, can only use a name once over the whole ywain cluster coz eventually they are going to remove the -ywain tag!

Its a right **** coz i have to change the names of ALL my toons!!!!!

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
It a pain on ywain for names getting needed when people appeal ya,ask amphrax ;)

Lol I remember hehe my character names before

dampknickers changed to dapinquire
dirtyknickers changed to dirpinquire
wetknickers changed to wepinquire
soggyknickers changed to soppinquire

mythic names!!!! Hehe

thx mythic hehe took over a week to get them changed to another name and even then I didn't really have a choice of what I wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom