Imbue Scam Warnings

F

Flimgoblin

Have been hearing reports of people scamming items from people via imbues.

They say 'ok I'll imbue these gems for you' you happily drop your sword/armour/whatever on them, they click 'accept' as do you and suddenly you've lost your 300g/2plat item.

Warning for people:

Make sure the combine button is ticked before you accept!

If you're at all worried about this - only go to reputable crafters.

People who have a reputation are less likely to rip off their customers because they'll have no reputation afterwards ;)
(of course they still might rip you off...)

(and before someone posts - no I didn't get pwned, but someone mentioned this sort of scam in guild chat and noone else has posted anything yet :) I could have stolen Blame's jambiyas the other day if I fancied - he accepted before I hit combine - I didn't of course... but it's very very easy to let someone do that)

O

old.Niljindil

I actually managed this on camlann but it was a guild crafter so it wasnt that bad ;)

Anyway, nasty nasty way of dealing with it, imo the person who wants his gear spellcrafted should click a button too, just to be able to "control" the trade so to speak. Would make me feel easier at least :p

T

Tilda

ive accidently trade with someone once, but we both realised and we swaqpped back and i imbued :)

Tilda

O

old.Hellskor

And (!!!1) check what the SC is going to put on your item in the text box ... nearly ended up with a Sword with +5Hammer ;).
(wasn't on purpose)

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
And (!!!1) check what the SC is going to put on your item in the text box ... nearly ended up with a Sword with +5Hammer ;).
(wasn't on purpose)

Maybe a Hammer/Axe zerk would still buy it from you? :)

R

Ragnarok1978

Originally posted by slapmesilly..
Maybe a Hammer/Axe zerk would still buy it from you? :)

And why would an axe/hammer zerk buy a SWORD with + to hammer?

Why not read a post before you reply to it?

O

old.Tohtori

read_and_write_1c.jpg

T

Tilda

done that, did a set of leather boots with +10 piety :(
For an Inf

Tilda

M

mark-

Did 22 str instead of dex :)

My worst and only messup currently though :p

S

Solid

I used the Leladia SC tool and had my epic legs stated wrongly, they had 2x +Str in em so my totals were wrong :( I ended up with +10 over Str and -10 under Con caps with my suit, had to swap out the accursed Belt of Might for the Epic bet to compensate :( silly me.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tilda
ive accidently trade with someone once, but we both realised and we swaqpped back and i imbued :)

Tilda

aye it's an easy mistake to make :)

hence go for people you can trust or be _very_ careful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom