I'm the twisted offroader

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Was in France last week doing our annual 4x4 blast in the Southern alps and this small tattoed cockney turns up with a gorgeous Japanese girl in the hotel bar, he goes around shaking everyones hand, buying drinks and rolling his Toyota jeep over in the mountains.
Eventually one of us says 'He looks like that Prodigy guy' and sure enough it was, never mentioned the band or showbiz, he was just an offroading nut.

So we got him to do the Firestarter dance and get the beers in.

He was a really nice bloke, though he did keep forgetting his next word all the time , but I'm sure 20 years of partying is to blame for that.

His wife is a babe.

Job

Well duh it was Keith Flint THE Firestartah!

Marc

FH is my second home
I really miss the Prodigy. Along with Oasis, they were the 2 bands that defined my generation. What hope have young spunkers got now, when they have shite like the Arctic monkeys and my chemical romance to look upto?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I really miss the Prodigy. Along with Oasis, they were the 2 bands that defined my generation. What hope have young spunkers got now, when they have shite like the Arctic monkeys and my chemical romance to look upto?

Oasis were the suck! prodigy > Oasis, nuff said tbh

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
One thing is certain, Oasis are teh suck these days, new stuff is piss poor. :(

Marc

FH is my second home
I dont know where it all went wrong for oasis to be honest. They were on the verge of being the biggest UK band since the beatles and they just imploded.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
might have had something with beeing unstable and doing way to much drugs and surfing ontop of busses amongst other things, and yes, making everyone quit the band cause they were total arses

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
oasis didnt really make alot of good - 1 - 2 albums?

artic monkeys made 2 great albums, out of 2.

and prodigy made all albums good. so prodigy > monkeys > oasis

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Radiohead rape the shit out of Oasis in every way that matters. Oasis really only made songs drunk people without a clue about music could sing along to.

Nate

FH is my second home
Never really thought much of Oasis. I like the song Chemical Brothers did with one of em, thats probably the closest I'll get.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Radiohead rape the shit out of Oasis in every way that matters. Oasis really only made songs drunk people without a clue about music could sing along to.

You actually listened to all oasis songs, or just the fanboi wonderwall etc songs?

Marc

FH is my second home

and??

They targeted a market audience and it worked for a few years. The point I was making, is their music defined an era. AN era that started the booze culture. It was cool to go out and get drunk and leery, watch TFI with Chris Evans, down the pub to watch footy etc etc, proper lads stuff. They tapped into this and it worked for a while

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Will be off 4x4'in Wadi B this weekend in Dubai. Did some parts of the Empty quater last weekend in an organised rally. Was amazing, sand dunes out there are 200-300m high.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Champagne Supernova > any generic whiny radiohead song > any monkeys song WITH THE SAME GOD DAM GUITAR RIFF HOW DOES NO1 ELSE NOTICE THIS!!! AAAARRGHHH!

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Champagne Supernova > any generic whiny radiohead song > any monkeys song WITH THE SAME GOD DAM GUITAR RIFF HOW DOES NO1 ELSE NOTICE THIS!!! AAAARRGHHH!

hold on there buddy. im sure thom yorke could go toe 2 toe with teh gallagher brothers on pure songs alone. The bends alone can blow any oasis material outta the water. its just not as easy to sit down and listen to, than say whats the story morning glory. i love both bands so its ok =)

that sounds ace tho, wouldnt mind meeting any one from prodigy , must have some storys to tell :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
hold on there buddy. im sure thom yorke could go toe 2 toe with teh gallagher brothers on pure songs alone. The bends alone can blow any oasis material outta the water. its just not as easy to sit down and listen to, than say whats the story morning glory. i love both bands so its ok =)

that sounds ace tho, wouldnt mind meeting any one from prodigy , must have some storys to tell :p

i've met one of their ex guitarists a couple of times :D Giz Butt :p saw his band (the more i see) live a few times...an when they covered tallica's creeping death the crowd went fuckin mad :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Prodigy are great
Can't compare them to Oasis.
Very different music styles
I hate the whole Manchester scene anyway (eg. The Farm).

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

I rly like AM, but must confess the cookie&cutter riff inside 95% of their themes ("From Ritz to.." "Bet ya look.." e.g) gets pretty dull at the end.

Even that Jamie T guy is > any teenager indie band atm :p

Job

How cools that, he's spoken to one of the lads and want's to go off roading with us in Wales next March, after that they are doing a new album so he's selling the jeep.

Hope he brings his missus :p

YouTube - Gedo Super Mega Bitch

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
How cools that, he's spoken to one of the lads and want's to go off roading with us in Wales next March, after that they are doing a new album so he's selling the jeep.

Hope he brings his missus :p

YouTube - Gedo Super Mega Bitch

Might be one of those aquaintance (hate this frech native words) worth to develop. Who knows if u get invited to albums premiers, cool parties (one of those u see on mtv movies with lotsa chicks n ehrmg well other "spices") etc... :cheers:

Nate

FH is my second home
Thats got to have happened a lot though, wouldn't go out of your way as he'd know your doing it just to get a bit of fame.

Job

LOL , yes I never took Firestarter seriously, but I suppose it is a bit of an antham for a generation.
After spending a few nights in the bar with him you can see he was just taking the piss.
I'm very good as sussing people out and he was just a truly modest genuine bloke, considering the life he leads that's quite amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom