Im Sure This is some sort of game Abuse

Tsalin

Fledgling Freddie
Does anybody know if Standing on top of the pillars and casting/firing a bow on the various bridges in thid is allowed?

I mean i know its possible to get atop those pillars but usually its a struggle (especially when ur a fat troll) seems a little unfair to cast or fire from a position id never be able to get to in melle before i died, And it has cost me quite a few deaths so far.

I Even resorted to spammin /no to the people on those pillars as they killed me, I just want to know if this action is allowed b4 i waste my time sending the screenies of WHITEFLIGHT :twak: and NILAS :twak: to rightnow, also what is the procedure for reporting these types of things, I have several screenies from more than 1 occasion of the 2 named guys above doing this and it resulting in my death, would the screenies be enough to resolve the problem????

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
There is no problem with using pillars you can get onto through conventional means <jumping like a crazy monkey for example>.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Those pillars have been a favorite for ranged attackers since Thid began. Because you can get up there without using bugs I think its allowed. The thing is about the pillars although Its annoying that the archers can fire at you from up there it also makes the archer a sitting duck for casters so it does even out.
Lwen never used them, though, her favorite position was slap bang in the middle of a couple of groups of enemies, unstealthing and thinking 'Oh cr....'. Its the lure of the blue avalonian...can't resist...

Soothsayer

Fledgling Freddie
Morning

Like the previous two posters have stated, however annoying it is, climbing up the pillars is fairly simple and has been for some time. It is never too much of a problem for me being a Hunter, it only becomes a problem when stealthers team up in three's and fours, use an infil or minstrel as bait in the middle of the bridge then have the scouts garrote the body with arrows.

I myself have been fooled by this, however it has become quite predictable now. Your best bet as a non stealthing class is to make friends with a caster and travel accross, or as a stealther use the water to sneak it past and get them from behind.

As a Hunter my personal favourite tactic is to use my pet on aggresive to uncover bridged stealthers.

I didn't mean to single out Albs here, used them purely as an example however saying that due to the nature of Thid on Prydwen it usually is Albs that perform this attack.

Castastrophic

Tsalin

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, thx for the info guys no need to report it

Off to roll myself a Hunter 'Revenge is sweet' as they say :clap:

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Was in thid yesterday with my SB (Miniette) and teamed with a guildie SB saw 2 socuts using this technique and an infil inbewteen pillars :D

We saw them take down a solo Mid and both went for a different pillar :D got up PA'd mine and then swing dead, Brem managed to kill other Scout and then jump down and kill infil.

Players will always try to get as much of an advantage as possible and this is a natural ambush point so just be away, always act as if someone is creeping up behind you to seperate your ribs and you should be fine :D

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
I was in thid just yesterday scout began firing on one of the pillars closest to mpk ran jumped up went zerk got him down to about 1 hp and another scout on the pillar opposite shot me :twak:

was really gutted lol but they are always fun and if you are fast enough you can often reach them easily before you die :)

Tsalin

Fledgling Freddie
Believe me evry time i realised i was getting shot i tried to get up onto the pillar but never got up once b4 i was dead, Trolls wernt made for jumping up sheer slopes imo :( Just tried to get up with my sb and was a doddle he a kobbie, but takes way to long for a troll to get up

ne how not to worry working hard in vendo gettin a hunter rdy for bg1
I shall enjoy the many albs that will fall as i sit on top of a pillar reading my dragonlance books, infact im quite looking forward to pissin on sum alb chips :eek6:

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Managed to Pla Cave shaman from /level 20 to 24 in 40 mins lastnight expect to see her shortly migh get another hunter too :D as i do love them and they are at there Peak in thid

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Even if it looks like trolls cant jump as high as kobbie, in fact all races in the game are jumping and walking equally :). I had the feeling that a little kobbie female did walk faster than my troll on mid/excal, but thats just ilusion...

Esena

Fledgling Freddie
pilar aint abuse :), afiak otherwiles 90% of the thid population abused this "bug", other 10% don't know how to jump xD

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Soothsayer said:
As a Hunter my personal favourite tactic is to use my pet on aggresive to uncover bridged stealthers.
Castastrophic

That a bug? dont seem right..

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
No thats not a bug...aggresive mobs can discover stealthers sometimes when the stealthers stealth is low or the aggressive mob is too lucky...or the stealther stands 20 seconds on top of the aggro mob :p Then the mob will discover and attack you...its a feature, not a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom