I'm quitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Well no, not really. Sorta.

For 2 years now I've been a regular of #daoc.prydwen on QuakeNet, the IRC gathering ground for Prydwen players, most of that time as an operator of the channel and for the past year channel owner.
Anyone who has managed a large IRC channel or similar will know what I'm talking about when I say that it's an extremely stressful job, and it's kept getting more stressful as the channel grew in size, as every channel that size has its dissenters and every choice I made in governing the channel would upset someone - also every single person who got banned with no exceptions by whomever would immediately PM me about the great injustice they had been done. There's very few people in that channel I'll miss, consider yourself insulted if you want, I don't care.

Hence 3 weeks ago I decided I needed a break, and left all channels except the guild one which at the time had very few outsiders as regulars (that changed fast). Well guess what? Extremely clueless and stupid people (which means people like atos, Cyfr and BloodOmen) would keep pestering me about things that happen in the very channel I was taking a break from, and none of them seemed to get the point so my ignore list became large rapidly. Well today I had enough. My life is stressful enough as is.

I made Luona new owner of #daoc.prydwen - what he does with I don't give a damn about and don't want to hear about. If he wants he's welcome to deop anyone and they'll bloody well be happy about it.

As for myself I won't show my face on IRC any time in the near future. Anyone who needs to get in touch with me either plays in Hib and can MSG me directly or will have to hope I read my FH PMs. And any PM involving the word IRC and especially about #daoc.prydwen will be answered in enough foul language to put South Park to shame.

<steps off soap box>

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
But your the only helpful OP in that channel :mad:

Dont leave us with the other ones please :eek6:

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
gave up with #daoc.prydwen a while back, lot more peaceful now.

sad to see you feel that way about it piffy but is unfortunatly true

hf and take a break

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Will miss the guy who always had all the answers. :(

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm

i feel sorry for the people who have to suffer under lulu

Enjoy your relaxation piff

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Just change your nick and stay on the guildchan :<

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
The only sane (dane!) OP has left!

Chaos shall henceforth reign!

Please be my friend, Loch :|

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Technically, I'm not sane. I'm not going anywhere either. =)

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
<gets out Finnish<->Civilized languge dictionary>

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
If you remove a little here and there and change the letters around that word could look like a swedish slang(?) word for "to have sex".

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's an anagram for a burundi word that means "I want hot gay loving"

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
This sounds like a story out of the ordinary, how come you learned burundi?

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
I wanted to have a conversation with my hamster.

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
I was right about the fish! I'm moving to Finland!

sko

Loyal Freddie
In the last year, prydwen has slowly turned into what prydweners used to insult excalers for beeing. Leet doodz. The community has gone straight down the drain, mostly cause of #daoc.prydwen and Freddyshouse/Barrysworld imo.

I liked my enemies better when they said "something in a language you don't understand." than "omfg wtf stfu noob u fuckin prick lol! i own u" or whatever.

Btw piff - i feel backstabbed :/

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
why not make me op? im merciless and can take all the whining in the world...

oh wait i dont even have irc :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
In the last year, prydwen has slowly turned into what prydweners used to insult excalers for beeing. Leet doodz. [..]

I liked my enemies better when they said "something in a language you don't understand." than "omfg wtf stfu noob u fuckin prick lol! i own u" or whatever.

[..]

There is just one thing I hate more then agreeing with Straef .. and that's agreeing with Sko :( (on the parts I quoted him on that is)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't know you had left the chan etc.. as I was banned for about 1½ week.

Take care!

Live long and prosper! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom