I'm not a chav but....

JBP|

Part of the furniture
my car needs some new speakers,

i have a set of creative 5.1 speakers hanging about the house,how difficult would it be to fit them in my car? and would it be an easy job or a hard one?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Depends, do you want to install them properly? or just dot them around the car. iirc creative stuff runs off 12V so that isnt a problem, just mounting the units in the right places. A better option perhaps might be just to buy some better replacement speakers that are designed to fit into your car to replace the units already there.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have a pretty standard set up in my car :
2x Infinity Kappa 6x9's on the parcel shelf
2x Infinity Kappa Tweeters on the shelf too
2x Infinity Active Crossover's
1x 1x500 2x250 Watt Amp
1x 15" Sub

+ 12 Cd autochanger, Clarion Headunit.

I would advise you to get some propper speakers for the car as opposed to the ones from your house, because you would be running off different voltages i think. But if you buy 2 new speakers you have to make sure your headunit has the correct outputs to power them correctly. You should also check the dimensions you have currently so you dont get too small speakers, becuase if you got bigger ones you could just cut some holes.

If you are going to do a comprehensive install you might be interested in buying the haynes manual to your car, shows you nice places to pull up the carpet to lay sound and power runs.

My car was pretty easy to do (Micra), the main hard part was making the sub enclosure from scratch as i had to calculate all the dimensions to ensure it was the best sound coming out, and that the port was in the right place, and it didn't rattle itself to pieces.

Another point is to make sure your head unit has the correct output from the wiring loom - mine didn't so i had to get an adapter.

Im not a chav - i had to upgrade my stereo - a mono speaker and am/fm radio pissed me off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Speakers don't require power, only the amplified units and active crossovers require power. Most car audio systems do not send any voltages to the speakers other than the audio signal, usually into 4ohms nominal impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom