I'm goin off to play daoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ButaneBob

Hmmm right

Seems there are a few uptight peeps around here that have taken a dislike to me :(

I'm quite harmless honest

So I thought I would go and play with me dwarf for a bit ... I'm at lev 2 now so hopefully if a put in a few hourse can change me siggy to sumt leet like...

'ButaneBob level 3x dwarf zerker dood'

..and maybe get a bit more repsec

So if anyone wants to group with me (you wont regret it) I'll be outside Haggerfield

You will recognise me by my begging yell spam

HEHE!

Bob - Superfurrydwarf Zerkertobe

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by ButaneBob

Not even respect, superfurrydyslexicmorontobedude. :rolleyes:

S

Skrad

Originally posted by ButaneBob
Hmmm right

Seems there are a few uptight peeps around here that have taken a dislike to me :(

I'm quite harmless honest

So I thought I would go and play with me dwarf for a bit ... I'm at lev 2 now so hopefully if a put in a few hourse can change me siggy to sumt leet like...

'ButaneBob level 3x dwarf zerker dood'

So if anyone wants to group with me (you wont regret it) I'll be outside Haggerfield

You will recognise me by my begging yell spam

HEHE!

Bob - Superfurrydwarf Zerkertobe

If it's "a bit more repsec" that you're after, then may I suggest that you stop aspiring to be a l33t d00d and definately NO begging spam.

B

Belsameth

I find him kinda funny actually
a bit loud mouthed, but with a relaxed flair I find refreshing :)

I must add tho that I only read some of his posts that where moved to OT. so he might've gotten his bad rep elsewhere\

Edit: read back some of his stuff. I remember now.
I still find him funny tho :)

T

Tealeaf

Relaxed - yeah.

Also either naive/innocent or cleverly contrived.

Whatever, despite all the nastiness thrown at him, he has not once replied in kind.

Now THAT is refreshing.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Why don't you leave him alone? He's only trying to be nice and friendly, you savage bunch of mongrels ><

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Why don't you leave him alone? He's only trying to be nice and friendly, you savage bunch of mongrels ><

Sodom, I pray to God that you were just trying to be sarcastic...

O

old.chesnor

The whole Butane Bob thing has cheered me up tbh. Shame that some people have taken it upon themselves to abuse him, but hey, they are Daoc veterans now, and Forum Deities to boot, so they are allowed the flame the dumb and adopt high and mighty attitudes.

I bumped into Bob today, begging with wit and charm and CAPS outside Haggerfel, as I was heading to Svasud with my shammy. He amused me, and I dropped him a small amount of gold. I still can't work out if he's a clever wind up merchant or a class A moron, but either way, he amuses me, 'cos he not a pompous tosser like most of us (and that includes me) :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Guards!!
*points at odd.Chesnor*
Throw him in teh pit, he has gone utterly insane...
*guards drag screaming Chesnor off...*

That's what you get if you enrage teh Animul, buddy.
;)

G

Generic Poster

I think he's a wind-up myself. Asking if he should be a viking and saying Haggerfield are too good to come from a newbie.

It doesn't really matter, keep up the good work 'Bob' :D

P.S. For no particular reason, I'd lay my suspicion on Cerebus.

L

liste

if you people want new players to come to DAoC, this is really not the ay to do it. he may be a wind up, he may be real. if he is a wind up, he is getting what he wants. if he is real, youre most likely scaring him away. New players who come directly from counterstrike and the likes, may seem too leet for your liking, but they will adobt to the game if they stay around. give the guy some peace already...

D

danskmacabre

He was playing the forum troll and by his own admission trying to "push the limits".
I just told him in a rather friendly way to be honest, where those limits were, and based on the way he was portraying himself, that I felt the need to keep an eye on him.
Furthermore, even after I posted the said warning I even welcomed him here anyway.

Regarding other people's treatment of him, well, do you think they treated him any different had anyone else behaved in the same way?

ButaneBob was seeking attention and he got it.

I've been around Internet forum's off and on for some time now and when someone like this turns up and gets warned or reprimanded, some people always feel the need to jump in and defend them.
it seems to happen like clockwork, and IMO if nothing was done about said people, the ones defending them are usually the first to complain about them if nothing is done.
For example these types of trolls tend to Spam the board constantly once they get comfortable.

As a moderator, it's a no win situation, as everyone has a different opinion, and there's always someone who is gonna complain.

L

liste

i didnt know he had confessed to anything.

oh well, do as you like. i'll go straight to ignoring, then :)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Tealeaf
Relaxed - yeah.

Also either naive/innocent or cleverly contrived.

Whatever, despite all the nastiness thrown at him, he has not once replied in kind.

Now THAT is refreshing.

my point exactly. :)
even tho his threads are kinda....silly...

B

ButaneBob

Originally posted by danskmacabre
He was playing the forum troll and by his own admission trying to "push the limits".

UH????????????????

D

danskmacabre

On two occasions so far that I can remember so far you have shown/stated an intention to troll it here.

Whatever the your and other people's point of view is, as I've said before, Have fun here and post away.
But just relax a little OK?

IMO, You set yourself up for the attention you got and you have largely enjoyed the limelight, so don't do what other people have done in the same situation and get start portraying yourself as the Martyr.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by danskmacabre

<snip>
But just relax a little OK?

Physician, heal thyself ? Pot calling the kettle black ?

Why are you taking upon yourself to 'reprimand' and 'keep an eye on him'. Sheesh, the guy has not been offensive or rude in any way. Moderate by all means, but try to be consistent and fair.

If you seek to reduce the spam, you might want to look at some of the people here who blatantly post rubbish in order to bump their post count. *coughs*

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.chesnor

Physician, heal thyself ? Pot calling the kettle black ?
Oh really?
Please elaborate...

Why are you taking upon yourself to 'reprimand' and 'keep an eye on him'. Sheesh, the guy has not been offensive or rude in any way. Moderate by all means, but try to be consistent and fair.

I consider myself to be consistent and fair and largely do not moderate much here.
I felt he was getting out of line and posted IMO a friendly warning.

If you seek to reduce the spam, you might want to look at some of the people here who blatantly post rubbish in order to bump their post count. *coughs*

In fact I have moved to Off topic and pruned/deleted what I considered pointless spam, but it comes down to what I have said earlier on.
Do you really want the mods to come down on ALL the things which strictly speaking donot conform to BW regulations?
I don't think so..

B

ButaneBob

oops

hey didnt mean to cause a fight guys altho not sure what ur getting at dansk

i think in future whenever i get stressed ill just go and play with me dwarf for a few minutes - you know help ease the tension

HEHE!!!!

D

Dook_Pug

This is almost definately someone from the VN boards retaliating for Tohtori's (SP?) burnt out 'piss takes' on their Devs board.

Lame. Heh.

O

old.chesnor

I spend tons of time reading these boards, I read more than I post (unlike lots of others).

I have seen 1000s of spam posts, use of words like c*nt which are totally unacceptable, pictures of physically handicapped children used in jokes, racism, sexism, and the list goes on. Some have been moderated, some havn't.

Bob posts here, and he is either a clever troll, or a noob, but what he isn't, is rude, offensive, sexist or racist. Either way, he doesn't need to get ripped apart on the boards by smartass veterans or over zealous moderators.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.chesnor
I spend tons of time reading these boards, I read more than I post (unlike lots of others).

I have seen 1000s of spam posts, use of words like c*nt which are totally unacceptable, pictures of physically handicapped children used in jokes, racism, sexism, and the list goes on. Some have been moderated, some havn't.

On every occasion I have seen any of those examples you have posted above, I have deleted/edited etc such infractions.
After saying that, I can't be everywhere at once and I'mnot here 24hours a day 7 days a week.
Also there's a lot of forums here...YOU try to monitor every single post...

Bob posts here, and he is either a clever troll, or a noob, but what he isn't, is rude, offensive, sexist or racist. Either way, he doesn't need to get ripped apart on the boards by smartass veterans or over zealous moderators.

I find it offensive that you have branded me as an Overzealous Moderator.
To a very large degree I have let things be as they were.
Actually, regarding Butane bob, all I have done is WARNED him, no more. and that was in a pretty nice way too.
I find people like you who cry "foul" without seeing the whole picture highly annoying and disruptive to a Forum.
I play fair here, you're just looking to find an issue that isn't there..

B

ButaneBob

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
This is almost definately someone from the VN boards retaliating for Tohtori's (SP?) burnt out 'piss takes' on their Devs board.

Lame. Heh.

uh??????

soz guys but im totally lost - if you think im some kind of imposer just come onto mid excal tonight 10pm ish GMT ill be around Haggerfield or Vasduhiem twatting stuff with my axe HEHE

..and thanks to Chesnor for the gold, and Phett for helping me up to level 5 last night

this game ROX!

Bob

O

old.Normengast

As long as people keep posting in this thread it'll get worse imo...

Let's all chill and take out our anger at some albs an hibs :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom