Illegal Copy

O

old.Minim

i BOUGHT DAoC the other day off amazon, received it this mornign, got home looking forward to playing it all weekend
install it, run it and it comes up with a message saying "Illegal Copy"

which has left me quite pissed off :(

is ther anything i can do about it?
and does anyone knwo an email addy for europe DAoC support cos i cant find 1

O

old.Minim

erm ok, thats wierd as fuck - ive got it workign now :D

i tried it in my other CD-rom drive and now it works, the other one says its an illegal copy...strange, but im happy now :D

S

Summo

Some CD-ROMS struggle with SafeDisc copy protection, but as you've sorted it I've just wasted a valuable post.

:(

G

granny

Originally posted by SomeGuy
Some CD-ROMS struggle with SafeDisc copy protection, but as you've sorted it I've just wasted a valuable post.

:(

They finally seen sense and limited you to a quota then Summo? :p

A

Athan

Ah yes, the copy protection.

WHY?!?!?!?!?

You need to have a valid cd-key anyway, and there are enough procedures in place to ensure people can't buy a copy, use cd-key, and return it for refund.

Took AGES (>30 mins) to install using my Mitsumi CD-R/RW because of this. My housemate's normal CD drive did it in like 5 mins.

It's not like you couldn't just take an installed-to directory and burn a copy to CD, is it?

-Ath

X

Xavier

well actually there isn't any cd-rom protection, just copy protection...

once installed the game doesn't need a cd as it all focuses on the key/account

so yes, you could easily buy/install/return!

(not that i'd advoate it... as a matter of fact I'd castrate any f00ker who did that to a game I subsequently bought and had probs with :/)

Xav

A

Athan

Read what I said again, and I'll expand.

If any copy of DAoC is returned to any retailer at all they are under instructions to return it to GoA, who will send them a fresh copy with fresh CD key. The old CD key will be disabled.

Thus, no, you canNOT pull this stunt and expect to have a working account.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom