Ill-bane Updates

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Hello everyone, I'll divide this post in 3 parts, to make it more clear, first part will be, what we still need, 2nd part, what we have done so far, and 3rd part, what we have planned to do

What we need :

- We still need 2 midgard news reporters for the web, they will have to choose what new is important and put it on the web (events, any new guild that is growing up, RvR news, guild recruiting, etc etc) , they also will be the moderators of the midgard forum.
The unique requirements are that they must be active players from midgard, they play everyday, and they join to the PvE events, and do RvR frequently, any volunteers, pliz PM to XFear in Ill-bane channel ( server quakenet.org ) of mIRC

- We want to put an imagine over the news, and under the web head, we want this imagine to be a screenshot of any1 of u, so we need all of u, to send us youre best screenshots. Between all the screenshots we will receive ( in game pictures ) we will select the best ones and put it on the web database, about that picture we will put on the web, it won't be the same picture all the time, we will make a randomly generated image selector which will pick one of the selected screenshots from the database.
this means that whenever somebody goes to the front page he will get a different picture, of one of their friendly or enemy partners.
For sending me youre pictures, u can easily connect to mIRC, join to Ill-bane channel, look for XFear, and DCC send him the pictures u want to send him
The picture must be in JPG format

This is all what we need atm

What we have done so far :

- We have 3 different servers, 1 for the web and forums, 1 for the radio, and 1 for the movies/archives download
- We have upgraded our servers, from 4x100mb pipe, to 8x100mb pipe
- We have selected and bought an Ill-bane domain ( www.ill-bane.net )
- We have installed our ports, and we have installed php on our webpage server
- We have made a basic unique webpage template (php)
- We have made and setup the Ill-bane forums
- We have made an IRC channel
- We have installed our radio server
- We have made the stream radio tests that we needed
- We have taken 2 hib news reporters
- We have taken 2 alb news reporters
- We have taken a good DJ for the radio
- We have taken a good web designer
- And I'm sure that I am missing more things

What we have planned to do :

- Select and take 2 mid news reporters
- Make the picture thing in the main page
- Do the filling of the web ( sections, Menus , etc )
- When we have all done, put up the radio server regulary
- Make interviews to important people of Excalibur ( highest realm rank players, PvE raid leaders, etc etc) make those interviews in Live, as same time, as we record the interview, and make a mp3 file to put it on the web for the download
- Make a Gallery database with the funiest images
- Make a Movie database with RvR movies and important raid event movies
- Give FREE hosting to those guilds, that need a space on the inet for their webpages
- Have updated news everyday, made by our news reporters
- Further web template work, check if everybody likes the template, and do the necessary changes on it
- And I'm sure I am missing more things

Thnx all for reading me, and for have interest on this project :), all help will be wellcome, We are doing our best in our freetime, that nowdays with ToA and exams/work is a bit hard to have freetime :p
We dont have a release date of this portal yet, but it will take its time :p
thnx again and see u :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
XFear said:
patience young padawan ;)

Patience is for people with too much time, in todays fast paced world I wait for no-one. givf website! :p

Lusche

Fledgling Freddie
Really nice, but jsut one question:

How will you keep that all up concerning the financial site of the project?
Ok PayPal Donations will give you a bit but will it be enough to keep it all over a longer period?

In case that point was somehow explained allready ignore my question :m00:

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Lusche said:
Really nice, but jsut one question:

How will you keep that all up concerning the financial site of the project?
Ok PayPal Donations will give you a bit but will it be enough to keep it all over a longer period?

In case that point was somehow explained allready ignore my question :m00:

We still have to speak about it :), maybe we will have to get use of some banner, or paypal donations, we will see in the future

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
No offense intended, it's a really neat project - but don't ya consider it poor organization not to have discussed such an important issue as economy before you start paying for all this expensive (?) stuff?

Oh, another thing: If you're an accountant, can I have the name please, so I can avoid ya? :D

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
No offense intended, it's a really neat project - but don't ya consider it poor organization not to have discussed such an important issue as economy before you start paying for all this expensive (?) stuff?

Oh, another thing: If you're an accountant, can I have the name please, so I can avoid ya? :D

lol , why poor organization ? we didnt end our work, and we still have to discuss tons of things, the economy wont be a problem at all i think
( I'm not rich :pP )

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Because it's such a fundamental part of it all, which should have been dealt with from the beginning of the project ;)

... btw, since you're rich - I really could use a pair of new shoes, the current one is sorta melted after some burning coal fell outta the forge :p

Skyrie

Fledgling Freddie
"- Make interviews to important people of Excalibur ( highest realm rank players, PvE raid leaders, etc etc) make those interviews in Live, as same time, as we record the interview, and make a mp3 file to put it on the web for the download"

This is too nerdy even for me :p

And Shrye is right, don't bother thinking things up if you haven't had a look at what it'll cost. It might very well cost more than you think!

Good ideas otherwise :)

Herjulf

Banned
Why not?

this sounds kinda interesting.

Eve-online has a similar thing, eve-radio.com

Where funding come from e-baying of ISK, stuff and donations.

It is really cool with shoutcast radio with DJ´s 24/7 with their own music material.
And contests.

Like POD the DJ, where people that is on radio have to find the DJ on his extremely vague descriptions, and try to pod him.
His frozen corpse is token to get a "golden ticket" in a lottery for nice stuff.

This kind of thing is kinda harder in daoc, and harder overall when it is in one realm only.

But the thought of it being Daoc Excalibur or daoc excal + pryd it could work well.

I wish you good luck, i will most certainly listen yo you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom