IIS and ASP (I think)

W

Wilier

Bear with me, I'll get to the point in a mo'.

Ive just run my first LAN party, to great success (read about it) . But for the next one I would like to be able to use Lan Party Manager for the set-up. In the instructions, when it comes to uploading the reg files, where would I put them? Does Barrysworld support IIS and ASP? How would I access the files to set the permissions, like in this page. Should I not bother, bearing in mind that my Web is all done in raw html from notepad, and I have zero programming, ASP, IIS knowledge? (but Im willing to learn if anyone knows of a decent site to teach me)

U

[UKLans]Khan

Hello Wilier,

Congrats on your first successful event! I run UKLans.com a UK resource for LAN Gaming, I run all of my site on ASP/ASP.Net. Barrysworld however does not support ASP, they do however support PHP.

As for the asp reg system, you upload the asp files to the same location as the html files (you need a server that supports them first). You will also need a connection to a database, this has to be in a location on the server where it can not be access by anyone... just allowed to be accessed via script source access.

If you have trouble finding a free host give me a shout:

khan@uklans.com

and i'll set you up and ftp area for free on my hosted account.

Thanks,

Khan

W

Wilier

Khan, one of the nicest blokes around.

Cheers matey, I'll be in touch.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread