As designed Ignored Users are invisible

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
In the old forums if you had someone on ignore, when they posted you could still see that they had posted you were simply spared witnessing the drivel Toht had just written. On the off chance the ignored person appeared to be constructively posting in a thread you could even choose to view individual posts.

Now they don't appear at all and this is leading to some confusion as people can be replying to posts I am not aware of. Is there a way to revert to the old system?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Within a thread you can view ignored content when you have someone on ignore.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
un ignore them ?

I don't want to un-ignore them, I simple want to know that there was a post so that I can put other posts in context. Not everybody quotes when they reply.

For example:
Poster 1: Makes a reasonable comment.
Ingored user: Makes a troll post.
Poster 2: Says previous post is stupid.

What I see:

In the old system:
An ignored user posted here.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If there are ignored posts in a thread at the bottom of the current page there will be a link that says "view ignored content" or similar wording. That's how you know.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If there are ignored posts in a thread at the bottom of the current page there will be a link that says "view ignored content" or similar wording. That's how you know.

If you are not going (or unable) to change it just say. The way the forum currently treats ignored users is really confusing. Having to guess where there is ignored content just draws more attention to it.

Another example of how annoying this is. If I click a thread I might see something like this, which is what I would like to see:
Screen shot 2011-12-19 at 08.42.51.png
However if I come back to the thread later, the post has gone and I now see:
Screen shot 2011-12-19 at 08.43.44.png

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think effectively this is an "as designed" area of Xenforo. It seems to not regenerate ignored content on threads where you've already viewed those areas.

By way of example if I ignore moriath on this thread and re-load it I get the "You are ignoring content by this member"

If I then reload the thread it's gone compeltely (presumably because it's been read) and I just get the "Show Ignored Content" at the bottom right of the thread.

I'll see what the designers have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom