If you had to Cabalist or Sorcerer?

• Thread starter Madonion Slicer
  • Start date
M

Madonion Slicer

Ok fancy looking into another new character, and these two seem to be pretty rare......is there a reason for this?

Is one better than the other for Solo?

Is one better than the other for group?

And which are the best paths to follow?

For my Fire wizard it was easy all points spec into fire, but with either of these do i want to share them around or spec in one path?

Dont tell me at LVL50 do this, because i am never going to take this character that high for a long long time, how did you get start say from 5 - 10thlvl and so on.

I know that is a lot of questions but i know your a helpful lot.

Thanks

H

Herbal Remedy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm if i had to choose ebtween cabalist or sorcerer id ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm kill myself :D

O

old.CrimsonHaze

Sorcs are better in RvR in MHO. Their de-buffs and group spells, especially sorc specuialty in Mez, give an edge to any group.

www.RoWeb.co.uk

O

old.Paranoid

the 2 base line skill paths you will get with both...

Matter and body...

Matter = shields and DOT spells, debuffs

Body = DD, Nukes

-------

Sorcerers will get the Mind path wich makes them rok in RvR and groups cos mainly of mezz...

I believe the genrall path for a sorcerer is like...

10% Matter,
40% Body
50% Mind

Although i have no real clue

-------

Cabilists... well...

Have you ever heard any1 say...

'Hey its a cabilist!!!'
or
'Guys, Guys, do we want a cabilist in our group?'

hmm....

F

Flimgoblin

Cabbies are handy in the group...
Depending on their spec... Body cabbies can do a weirdo heal that basically cripples themselves to heal someone else...

(and they then gain those hp back with a DD)

Kinda a weird way around.

They've also got a pet which is handy as an extra tank or as an emergency CC tank..

Debuffs are nice too :) pull with debuffs - watch that monster get chewed up twice as fast by the tanks.

B

belth

Originally posted by CrimsonHaze
Sorcs are better in RvR in MHO. Their de-buffs and group spells, especially sorc specuialty in Mez, give an edge to any group.

www.RoWeb.co.uk

Cabas have better debuffs, depending on their relative spec compared to a sorc ofcourse.

I

infozwerg

cabalists are way better solo, you spec 3 points in summoning (as far as you ever will go), and cannibalize your pet to fill up your mana.

sorc and cabalists are specced the same way round: just go full body and fill up with secondary line, with sorcs thats mind, with cabalists thats matter.

ciao,
hedo

S

SilverHood

cabalists get WAY better debuffs

Str debuff, melee speed debuff among others
we also get disease , poison and some other wierd named ones

and we can shift health from our health bar to someone elses, and then steal it back again

basically, if you are on half health after fighting a red mob, you find a grey and steal its life force

very handy :rolleyes:

C

c0ngo

Originally posted by infozwerg
cabalists are way better solo

But why would someone that has the best mez in Alb (a Sorc)ever solo ?

I

infozwerg

But why would someone that has the best mez in Alb (a Sorc)ever solo ?

Have you been to Keltoi lately, or in Barrows with a lvl 30?

ciao,
Hedo

O

old.Jazhara

Sorcerer is way better then a cabalist.
Cabalist is one of the least played classes (beside shamans and spiritmasters).

Cabalists can do one thing very good - solo in PvE, but thats it.

Jazhara

I

infozwerg

jaz, i seldom heard someone give such a magificent example of the term "commonly accepted prejudice".

keep up the good work, we cant have someone spread usefull information on forums.

ciao,
Hedo

O

old.Jazhara

before flaming me you are welcome to correct my statements

I explained my opinion on this board, if you don't like it thats your problem.

Jazhara

I

infozwerg

oh, i must have missed that part where you explain.

i feel terribly sorry if i have hurt your pride.

ciao,
Hedo

S

SilverHood

Cabalists can do one thing very good - solo in PvE, but thats it.

Then you'd never been in a group with a cabalist before....
Make orange mobs hit like greens, slow down their movement, slow their attack speed, can do emergency heals if needed, and most importantly, they can convert mane into life force via their life steal spells (sorcs can do this too I think?)

And we haven't even started on RvR - AoE posion is downright silly during large battles

And if you see a orange or red con enemy in front of you, you debuff + speed decrease him, all htis while your buffed similarcum pounds at him

Anyone who says cabalists are no good are sadly mistaken :clap:

D

deadparrot

Aha! I wanted to create a DOT char for rvr, made a sorc but i think i'll go for a cabalist now :)

Loads of pple say that cabalists are crap. But then i haven't met anyone who knew what cabalist's did exactly, apart from the pet thing.:clap:

M

Madonion Slicer

Ok this all sounds very good think i will do a Cabby, what is a good way to spec one say by lvl 10 what are the best lines to put the points in??

Should i follow one path or keep one path at 3/4 and another at 1/2 my lvl.

Thanks

O

old.Zeikerd

I just read that Sorcerers are going to be gimped in 1.50 by realm skills, and mezz breaking by heals (including Paly heal (Yes! I'll be usefull in RvR)).
Alltough a Body specced (3/4th body 1/2 spirit/matter) Cabalist will do more damage, they don't get AoE DoT, which is the best thing you can get in RvR later on.
Don't expect to kill alot of enemies, but get the RP's when you hit everyone for 100 damage over some time and half get killed.
I'm not 23 and i can't wait till I'm 35 and start getting my first batch of RP's.

I also checked on some of those realm skills, SWEET. I want that Jugernaut pet!

S

SilverHood

make sure your pet buff line is decently specced until its on about 6-7.... the melee + speed buffs really do make a difference

then its up to you..... I think body is the more useful of the 2, but thats my view

experiment a little ;)

O

old.Zeikerd

I think you would gimp if you spec all 3 evenly though.

B

Belsameth

try looking at the IGN boards a bit, besides the constant whining there is actually usefull info hidden there.

on a sidenote, I like sorcs better then cabbies, mostly because you can freak out other players by sending your (same level) pet to them. sure as hell send a few wizzies running with that trick :p

I

infozwerg

speccing in spirit summoning for more than 3 (cannibalize) is a sure way to gimp your cabalist. :m00:

my personal choice would be 45 body for nukes + aoe diesease. disease will be fixed in further patches and includes snare, str debuff and nerf healing, including insta. rest in matter for nearsight and decent dots.

ciao,
Hedo

F

Flimgoblin

The heals healing mezz didn't go in - they're still thinking of something else to counter mezz but nothing that severe.

There is a 'purge' ability though :)

S

SilverHood

I have spirit on 6...... gives me extra buffs for my pet

Don't see any reason to spec further though

aand body spec rules :)

T

Torin

Dont forget pls :)

BEST Mage i have seen in Macha is Veeshan and he is Sorc. And he is gaining RP fast as hell.

M

Madonion Slicer

Well my Girlfriend has started a Cabby it is her first Character so i am sitting with her to give her a bit of a guide, currently she is a lvl5 and is spec like this

Body 4
Sprit 3
Matter 1

But i can say now that we have the pet and the buffs it is so much fun taking down a orange+ is no problem, simply buff you pet up and set it to attack the target once it hits cast some debuffs on the enemy, your pet will probably die but it will leave the target so low that a few cast of body and it is over.

Wish i had started one now, these maybe be rare but i cant see why they are excellent.

B

Bootae

Not made a Cabby before, but I've got a Sorcerer and he's great :) With yellow pets I can easily solo oranges (if u pick the right targets u hit your cap solo anyways, so no point doing reds). Mez, amnesia, debuffs and carefull use of confusion keep groups alive... Lifedrain makes a fairly decent nuke too.

I spose cabbis get it too, but I'd say Amnesia is one of the best group spells out there. People just do not realise you're using it or what it does most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom