IE6 is colouring my form fields yellow...?

1tchy trigger

I've created a webform on one of my sites and for some reason my colleague who runs Windows XP and running IE6 gets a yellow background on some of the input fields, but not all. I've been scratching my head all afternoon and can't work out why this would happen.

Here is a link to the website

In case you can't see it, the First Name, Last Name, Company, E-mail fields have a yellow background and the rest have a white one.

My only thought was that XP/IE6 is interpreting the 'required fields' javascript and colouring the fields accordingly, but after removing the script the issue persisted - so I guess it's not that then.

Looks fine on all other browsers and running IE 6.0.2006.0000IC on W2k.

All help appreciated!

J

Jonty

Hi 1tchy trigger

Again, it seems fine to me too. Is your friend using using a special colour scheme, or does s/he use any particular accessibility options?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Kind Regards

1tchy trigger

Thanks guys - it's not that I'm duly worried about it, it's just that I want to know why it could happen. Put it down to professional intrigue.

As it happens, when she logs into hotmail the email address field is yellow and the password is white so go figure!

M

MYstIC G

I'd bet you have Google toolbar v2, if so disable "Automatically hilight fields that AutoFill can fill" as that'll be what is hilighting everything yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread