Idiots Guide to End Game Gearing

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
300 Million USD for development! ROFL, not a chance 50-100 possibly.

WoW PvP ROFL

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
With yesterday's update, champion bags now contain 15 centurion commendations, 7 champion commendations, and have a lower chance than before of containing a random unassembled champion item.
Probably a good change, as previously everybody was able to skip the centurion gear and equip themselves in full champion first.

But this puts all new L50's at a serious disadvantage, it will take them much longer to get the same gear others already have. Changes like this should be pre announced IMO and give players a month or some time limit to concentrate on getting what they need.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
But this puts all new L50's at a serious disadvantage, it will take them much longer to get the same gear others already have. Changes like this should be pre announced IMO and give players a month or some time limit to concentrate on getting what they need.

Actually I'm finding it better, I've done 2 chars pre patch and one since. I've found it's much faster for a new level 50 to get full Centurion gear due to the amount of commendations, Champion gear is about the same, the increased commendations make up for the shitty chance you had to get a champ item before. The key point is that you get full tier 1 PvP very fast now, and tbh there isn't much difference between Centurion/Champ/BM in terms of expertise.

Just don't expect to get the champ items in Champ bags at all now :p

Nate

FH is my second home
With the BM gear you get 1 item every 10 days or so

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Got first two centurion items but with hours I play I will get about 2 bags per night. Need the Mrs to take a trip so I play longer :) Centurion Armour on Gunslinger looks gay, only the hat is kinda cool. :(

Exioce

Part of the furniture
I lucked out and got two pieces of Champion unassembled gear (weapon and implant) in consecutive bags this week, so it can still happen.
Other than that, I like the system. Rapid accumulation of Centurion is better than nothing for new 50s, and you can spend the Champion tokens on whatever pieces you are missing, instead of relying on the random drops.

rynnor

Rockhound
The thing I dont understand about turning pvp into a gear grind is what do the devs think will happen next?

Once you have full BM and youve had pvp presented as about gear why would you hang around?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The thing I dont understand about turning pvp into a gear grind is what do the devs think will happen next?

Once you have full BM and youve had pvp presented as about gear why would you hang around?

They will continue to add new tiers of gear like WoW did no doubt. I bet there will be a new tier with the rated Warzone patch.

But all MMOs have a PvP grind of some sort, personally I find gear no different to Realm Abilities in DAoC, though I find gear in this game doesn't tip the scales quite as much as RAs did (Centurion isn't that much worse than BM, while RR11 group would usually wipe the floor with a RR5-6 group).

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I lucked out and got two pieces of Champion unassembled gear (weapon and implant) in consecutive bags this week, so it can still happen.
Other than that, I like the system. Rapid accumulation of Centurion is better than nothing for new 50s, and you can spend the Champion tokens on whatever pieces you are missing, instead of relying on the random drops.

Heh, I've opened over 25 bags over 2 characters since the last patch and not had a single Champion item. Don't know of anyone in my guild who has either :mad:

BM Commendations seem to come a fair bit faster than Champion items now

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
They will continue to add new tiers of gear like WoW did no doubt. I bet there will be a new tier with the rated Warzone patch.

But all MMOs have a PvP grind of some sort, personally I find gear no different to Realm Abilities in DAoC, though I find gear in this game doesn't tip the scales quite as much as RAs did (Centurion isn't that much worse than BM, while RR11 group would usually wipe the floor with a RR5-6 group).
Stupid comparison is stupid.
Wouldn't the step up from champ to centurion be much more in line with a step up from RR5 to RR6?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Stupid comparison is stupid.
Wouldn't the step up from champ to centurion be much more in line with a step up from RR5 to RR6?

The point is that RAs were a grind, in a similar fashion to items, not the gap between the tiers. :whistle:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
RAs weren't a grind at all. They were a reward for progress. There was no plateau, or at least there was no plateau for someone who ventured outdoors now and again! Yeah some people played pretty hard when coming up to a major rank but it was never grinding.

Actively grinding for armour/weapons over a few weeks is different from gaining points over a period of several years.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
I do much prefer the concept of RAs being the only reward for PvP, and keeping gear completely separate. Particularly the active RAs, and the plethora of choice.

Afran

Part of the furniture
RA's were also constantly rewarding as far as I remember there wasn't a RR cap so you could progress for a very long time whereas in swtor it takes little time to reach the max rewards (much like almost every other mmo since DAoC), iirc there was a cap at rr10 but at the time that took very long ;o

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There has always been a RR cap. First it was RR10, now it's RR12 (iirc).

And the reason it took so long is because we didn't really get much RP's before the RP boost and you needed a shitload of RP's after RR5 to rank up, so getting to RR10 back then was a proper achievement.

Nowadays you can probably get RR12 in a month with a tad dedication..

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Hey, so, do i still buy the bags while leveling (lvl 32.) or what's the advisable route ?

Or let me rephrase, "is there any other intelligent way to use these low "buttons" ?"

And where do you get these better buttons ?

Oh, and hi. I love the game, just hoping the pvp will be somewhat entertaining as well in the end.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Convert all warzone commendations to mercury commendations. Once you have a thousand of each, you can buy 5 purple pvp bags when you hit 50. You can also store one in your vault so you could buy a bag first, then hit the 1k cap

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Had one bag in ship hold and enough for 3 when I hit 50. Got most of the armor now but need the Cent/Champ weapons ASAP. On all future chars I will PvP from 40/45 to 50, just do story quests. Complete waste doing anything else tbh.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Convert all warzone commendations to mercury commendations. Once you have a thousand of each, you can buy 5 purple pvp bags when you hit 50. You can also store one in your vault so you could buy a bag first, then hit the 1k cap

Greetings,
Is still valid information ? Closing in 50 on my assasin (valor 48), got 1 bag & 1000 mercenary/wz marks.

However there also seems to be these higher marks on sale with lower ones nowadays, what's the way to spend my current marks ?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye, PvP gear is still a good way to get started on LvL50 HMs. Get ready to get fed up of Black Talon hard mode :D

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
But the question is, if buying bags still the best way to go when it comes to warzone comms ?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
What else you going to spend them on?

Nate

FH is my second home
There is 2 options, warzone comms can directly buy champ comms or you can do 200 merc 200 warzone for a bag. I can't remember the costs/rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom