Ideas to improve huge raids

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Those of you who have lead over 100 people will know how much of a problem it can be! Things get laggier with every player joining afterwards (especially if you manage to hit 200!).

It would be nice for Mythic to implement some ideas to help battlegroups! Here are some I'd like to see:

/bg credit visible for all

This command is currently only visible to the battlegroup leader. Considering it can help show people what credit they can get, it would be nice to see this information available for all to see.

The ability for players to get credit themselves

Once a battlegroup reaches 100 players, things start to get very slow when trying to grant credit for encounters. Every grantcredit request takes about 5-10 seconds to do, even longer if the player asking for it isn't in range, has already got the step, isn't in the battlegroup, hasn't visited the arbiter, etc! This really does make large raids painfully slow.

Perhaps something like /bg selfcredit on, which could allow players to grantcredit to themselves only. If a player misses 2.3 for example, they could /bg grantcredit 2.3 (no player name included) to give themselves credit - as long as they are within 1000 range of the battlegroup leader and 75% of the battlegroup. This would make life so much easier as a ML raid leader!

Improvements to battlegroup loot

Maybe a /bg grouploot battlegroup/group/leader. Whenever an item drops, only the group which has dealt the most damage or has the aggro will be able to pick up the drop.

Such a command could make it so that ALL loot dropped on the raid could be picked up by anyone in the battlegroup if its set to battlegroup, you'd no longer have to yell at all the groups to pick up the loot! Alternatively this could be set to leader, which could allow only the leader to pick up items - nobody else in the battlegroup would be able to touch them.

Anyone else with useful ideas on how to improve battlegroups for large raids?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
/bg credit visible for all

This command is currently only visible to the battlegroup leader. Considering it can help show people what credit they can get, it would be nice to see this information available for all to see.
nice idea :)
The ability for players to get credit themselves

Once a battlegroup reaches 100 players, things start to get very slow when trying to grant credit for encounters. Every grantcredit request takes about 5-10 seconds to do, even longer if the player asking for it isn't in range, has already got the step, isn't in the battlegroup, hasn't visited the arbiter, etc! This really does make large raids painfully slow.

Perhaps something like /bg selfcredit on, which could allow players to grantcredit to themselves only. If a player misses 2.3 for example, they could /bg grantcredit 2.3 (no player name included) to give themselves credit - as long as they are within 1000 range of the battlegroup leader and 75% of the battlegroup. This would make life so much easier as a ML raid leader!
A big no from me, nothing annoys me more (as many who have been on my raids) than a retard who afks every step then whines about credit. I for one like to have the ability to refuse credit to them.
I would like however a /bg grantcredit 1.10 all or something similar so all people within range are granted credit for the step if they havent got it.

Improvements to battlegroup loot

Maybe a /bg grouploot battlegroup/group/leader. Whenever an item drops, only the group which has dealt the most damage or has the aggro will be able to pick up the drop.

Such a command could make it so that ALL loot dropped on the raid could be picked up by anyone in the battlegroup if its set to battlegroup, you'd no longer have to yell at all the groups to pick up the loot! Alternatively this could be set to leader, which could allow only the leader to pick up items - nobody else in the battlegroup would be able to touch them.
this one i do like :)

I also would like a command to flag all people who havent moved in the last 5 mins or so.

And a command to ban someone from a bg so they cant join again until they have been unbanned without having to password a public bg

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
A graphics option to turn off the fancy graphics on armour and emblems - that would help the lag ALOT.

Before a raid, i setup a qbar (eg for ML2 - where 2.9 is a pain)
/macro 2.9 /bg grantcredit %t 2.9

Just ask those who are missing credit to stand at a convinient point away out of the zerg then spam the macro.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Or maybe a mass grantcredit - /bg grantcredit all 2.9 - it then goes through the BG from top to bottom trying to grant to each member in turn.

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see raid leaders have a different coloured name plus a ticket box in options to turn off/on battlegroup raid leader name. I could then set group/raid leader as on and see exactly where we're going.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Uliea said:
I'd like to see raid leaders have a different coloured name plus a ticket box in options to turn off/on battlegroup raid leader name. I could then set group/raid leader as on and see exactly where we're going.

Definetly a good idea - you can always macro to /target the raid leader - but would be so much easier to see when they move off with a big pointing arrow or a different colour or something

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Definetly a good idea - you can always macro to /target the raid leader - but would be so much easier to see when they move off with a big pointing arrow or a different colour or something

I normally turn names off in big raids to help me see things, especially like yesterday. :)
Even if i macro /target Queeg like i did i can't see the white name and if i'm not close enough to stick it's pretty useless.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
change battlegroups so that if your in a bg doing a ml raid anywhere within toa even inside dungeons. You get the credit :) that way you can just send in say 4 fgs to do the raid then everyone else outside gets the credit or even get a 100 man bg together split it down the middle and do ml4 and ml3 at the same time :D

I dont mind big zergy bgs but i think they should allow the bg grant credit at the end of the bg when your bg has finished all the steps you port out then whoever is missing what step (had to be on the raid from the start) you just grant it in one place.

Also they should gut the ml3 dungeon totally and remove the coral and spikes from the ceiling :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
some nice ideas here, use the feedbackform on herald imo, only way to reach Mythic properly.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Mass grantcredit is another nice alternative idea.

Extra graphics settings would be great as well. Each client is getting bloated with additional armour/weapons, the old spell effects / clip plane / shadows options could definately be extended with other unwanted graphical extras.

Another thing I'd like to see, although I'm sure it has nearly no chance at all, is a battlegroup teleport system to help with LD players and people who get lost. A leader could /bg summon playername and teleport the player directly to the location of the battlegroup leader. To prevent abuse the player should be in a nearby zone, so a player could only be teleported somewhere in a dungeon if they're already inside the dungeon. Also, this could be restricted so it needs at least 2 groups (or possibly even more) before it can be activated.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
And yes, I'll try the feedback form with a list of suggestions after more people have posted with their ideas.

I'll also see if a team leader is interested in giving Mythic this feedback, as I'm sure more support would help.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
All those ideas would be great. A bg ban would be very useful :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
IMO remove the "75% of the BG must be in range" thing, way too many people bail out as soon as x.10 is over, leaving only 40-50% in range so a /bg grantcredit x.10 cant be done, which is daft.

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
I would personally like to see an activity report (or rather a non-activity report) for players in the BG. This would allow BG leaders to see who has actually pressed a key in the last hour or so, and those that are obviously on /stick.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
fenrisan said:
I would personally like to see an activity report (or rather a non-activity report) for players in the BG. This would allow BG leaders to see who has actually pressed a key in the last hour or so, and those that are obviously on /stick.

Hehe id love this - but including something like this would almost certainly require alot of code changes, maybe best to just stick to the easy stuff (like a mass bg grant)

AFK'ers piss off raid leaders so much.

Ohh one thing that hasnt been mentioned yet - a loot parser (yup theres some 3rd party ones out there but one in game would be great)

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
/bg lotto <range> would be nice, it could say who the top 5 rolls were or something, you could toggle that with /bg lottodisplay or something. Would be handy rather than scrolling through loads of people.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Something as simple as :-

/bg lotto 1000 10 : Command that says in the battlegroup [Lotto roll is starting, you have 30 seconds to /random 1000] and then reminders at 10 and 5 seconds. When the counter reaches zero the highest 10 are listed.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Something as simple as :-

/bg lotto 1000 10 : Command that says in the battlegroup [Lotto roll is starting, you have 30 seconds to /random 1000] and then reminders at 10 and 5 seconds. When the counter reaches zero the highest 10 are listed.

That would be awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom