Ideas on how to fix daoc

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I got some..

If goa stopped with the releasing of all the new expantions, and rather was focusing on fixing classics\SI\ToA.. Becouse based on what people are saying and whining about is ToA, that means everything was nice and cool before ToA was released (for the non 1337 player). So if goa did so that you could farm scrolls as low lvl 40's etc so that it wouldnt be so damn hard to get, and they did so that scrolls dropped in the old classic zones and SI zones it would be great, and we could get back the nice feeling of playing like it was 1-2 yeaars ago.. every time i zone in to toa i get this lame feeling..

and to Quote what Requiel said in a previous post:
Requiel said:
Level to 40 then start doing MLs as you level up. Get artifacts as and when you can. Level those up while you exp yourself. Earn exp while you farm scrolls.
you know that that aint possible. how on earth is and lvl 40 inf supposed to farm gov scrolls\mad tales scrolls\battler scrolls\malice scrolls wich all drop from level 58++ mobs?

So if you lowered the respawn timers on many of the artifacts so that it spawned several times a day with maybe a 50% chance of dropping, and so that they didnt require 1\2\3 fgs to do it. instead of golm for example; random pop (1 min to x days? lol) and some ridicilous droprate.

this game is (atm) just for leet players...

Edit: grammar and spelling..

NiNjA

Banned
I agree with everything there but they got to make a challenge so its not easy (more time you spend on doing something = more time and money for them).

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
I got some..

If goa stopped with the releasing of all the new expantions, and rather was focusing on fixing classics\SI\ToA..
GOA just runs the servers, it's Mythic who decides what's happening with expansions etc.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
mikke said:
how on earth is and lvl 40 inf supposed to farm gov scrolls\mad tales scrolls\battler scrolls\malice scrolls wich all drop from level 58++ mobs?

This may be crazy, radical thinking, but you could group with other players? And after 1.75 is here (at the end of this week, I'm hoping) those scrolls will have a chance to drop from any mob in the zone. So make a Siam-He or Taur XPing group and farm the scrolls you want as you go.

Simple.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Travel back in time, wipe out ToA development team, one step closer to a better daoc :p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
And after 1.75 is here (at the end of this week, I'm hoping) those scrolls will have a chance to drop from any mob in the zone.

Not quite

" - Artifact scrolls in Volcanus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Siam-he up to level fifty now have a chance to drop any Volcanus scroll one. Siam-he and taurs level fifty-five and greater have a chance to drop any page of the Volcanus scrolls.

- Artifact scrolls in Aerus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Centaurs and cyclops now have a chance to drop any page of the Aerus scrolls."

But agrd it will be MUCH easier even for solo infs :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Far, far better to just fix the problematic bits of TOA than trying to stick your head in the sand and just pretend it never happened.

Example:

1: Make all artifact encounters instances, and needing no more than 1FG* to do it.

2: Make all scrolls for artifacts from a given region drop randomly from any mob in the zone, regardless of level (apart from grey con of course). Slightly increase the chances of 2/3 and 3/3 dropping as mob level increases.

3: Make all ML steps do-able by 1FG.

4: Tone down some of the more annoying ML abilities - e.g. putting an immunity timer on Grapple, as being chain-Grappled is pure bullshit.

*including Mids, who are for some reason denied petspam/charm.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
GOA just runs the servers, it's Mythic who decides what's happening with expansions etc.

Yes, but Goa does seem to have some tools to make their own quests.. so in theory they could make some easy quests that could give those hard scrolls as reward :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
they arent allowed to do that sort of stuff, mini quests and events are fine (the 3 realm thingy in thid) but giving scrolls as quest rewards would render toa redundent (not a bad thing i know) this would ofc cut back on most of the game. Mythics idea for toa was you got one maybe two or three artifacts, however it back fired on them, in such a competative game people must make the best temps possible and we take weeks/months to get it done, not many people actually like toa, for most its the only thing stopping them rolling a new toon.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the problem is before toa everything thought more for the realm and there friends, toa put the cat among the pigeons everyone was suddenly only in it for themselves.

Mythic thought that basically adding toa would increase the game ie give it a few more months of playability. However the artifacts had abilitys that were not so much as a "o thats nice " but more of a "i got to have it".

Instead of hitting 50 and only needing the funds from going from 1 to 50 to buy your spellcrafted suit of 99% qual armour and hitting rvr. Now people had to consider mls/artis/ubah drops.

It became all silly with people camping mobs for drops. Mythic would have been better implementing all mls like 1.1. You talk to a mob to start the encounter have a good balanced group of peeps and work your way through.

However they wanted people to work as a realm to get steps completed so they made them hard. 1.75 will make things a lot easier.

and tbh i think people who still havnt gotten at least 1 ml10 char who have been playing since toa has come out i got to say this. You have had plenty of times to go on raids and if you still havnt managed it then either

1. You really havnt been bothered at playing
2. You have had to go afk every 30 seconds in which case how did you hit lvl 50
3. you wanted to be a martr.

Mls are fun if you dont just stick / afk to them, and constantly going on about mid not having a pet spam class is anoying me. If you think albion and hibernia have it so much easier then why not play there roll an anim or a theug and see what happens.

Personally im getting tired of the "how to fix toa" threads there are hundreds on the vn boards. basically it comes down to the following.

"ive got a social life i dont like being on a pve raid for more than 30 seconds, i want the whole thing given to me on a stick... where is my menu when i log in that tells me terrorist or counter terrorist"

toa has been out now i beleive for nearly 2 years deal with it i personally think its fine and i will be running more mls in the future normally around 7ish so people can join in. so quit whining.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the problem is most people say their opinion here and thats it. pm a gm and find out a contact you can pass this to. maybe a TL can proof read what you say and help with whats "do'able or not".

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
It is also GoA who have decided whether or not there is to be clustering. It is GoA who will decide on an alternative server. It was GoA who translated the game into Spanish and - at the end of a long and I suspect rocky road - GoA who rescued the Italian population.

The relationship has all the trappings of a strategic partnership. GoA can, when they want, do more. Key phrase: when they want. They probably communicate with Mythic privately as well.

just my thoughts

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
1: Make all artifact encounters instances, and needing no more than 1FG* to do it.

2: Make all scrolls for artifacts from a given region drop randomly from any mob in the zone, regardless of level (apart from grey con of course). Slightly increase the chances of 2/3 and 3/3 dropping as mob level increases.

4: Tone down some of the more annoying ML abilities - e.g. putting an immunity timer on Grapple, as being chain-Grappled is pure bullshit.

1. Most are if there is good players with rather high RR's

2. This is fixed in enxt patch.

3. See 1. 4.2, 6.9, 9.10 I would say isn't possible even with 8 BB's along with that fg.

4. Agree

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH

@ Agree with this

@ What about all the RP's that wanst High level PvE

*including Mids, who are for some reason denied petspam/charm.

As far as I know Hunters Get Charm if they spec the right way ? but I agree give mids Pet spam classs and remove whorelocks

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
Not quite

" - Artifact scrolls in Volcanus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Siam-he up to level fifty now have a chance to drop any Volcanus scroll one. Siam-he and taurs level fifty-five and greater have a chance to drop any page of the Volcanus scrolls.

- Artifact scrolls in Aerus have been redistributed and the drop rates increased. Centaurs and cyclops now have a chance to drop any page of the Aerus scrolls."

But agrd it will be MUCH easier even for solo infs :)

This might be so.. but if you have a look at the US server atm.. all Scroll are worth nothing.. now.. thanks to this patch apart from 3/3's which in same cases have truppled in price Love story 3/3 was selling for 80plat the other day on the forum :/ but that was on mid.. alb /hib have a lot more Rollplayers.

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
1. You really havnt been bothered at playing
2. You have had to go afk every 30 seconds in which case how did you hit lvl 50
3. you wanted to be a martr.

4.You've wanted to play, but job/other obligations get in the way.
5.You have a console and tons of RPGs to play :)

Petwick(Ebony Hand)

Fledgling Freddie
Mr.Brand said:
4.You've wanted to play, but job/other obligations get in the way.
5.You have a console and tons of RPGs to play :)

Damn,was about to say that myself,as I work nightshifts and weekends,kinda hard to get into ML`s.......(also u try getting into a ML grp step raid as a Nightshade ^^)

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't have the time nor the patience for ToA. I'd love to turn the clock back to a time where I wasn't 34 and didn't have alot of very tedious responsibilities that take precedence over my gaming time. Sad fact is, for most people in any case, that past 25 years of age most of us have a house to maintain, a partner to spend to spend time with, a boss to placate with shift changes and overtime and a social circle of friends who all demand our time. I won't even talk about kids!!!!!

I made six level 50s with limited /play time by juggling my time alot. I xped late at night with my Necro and BD solo, my earlier 50s I could group as the game was new and there were lots of folks xping in the early hours and later when xp groups became harder to find if I did get to play peak times I had enough alts to swap a tank I wanted to play for a support character to keep the group going. However alot of people are like myself in that they could never set aside even one night per week for ML steps regularly let alone perhaps 2 to 3 nights per week. Add that to the fact I had 5 lvl 50s I'd got ready for RvR in decent SI set-ups then ToA came along I found I had none at all and because ALL the MLs are, for the vast majority of steps, group based I had neither the time nor inclination to sit down on a regular basis to complete steps simply to keep my characters at a stable level never mind improving them.

I'll admit that I'm a difficult player by nature to group with. If a friend phones up I answer it and go afk. If I've promised to attend event xxx with my guild or in game friends and an RL friend phones to go to the pub etc. I log off. Hell, if I'm bored on a raid I log off! And why not? It's a game and if I'm not enjoying it why the hell should I stay on? Ultimately I've liked most of the folks on DaoC but none of them were there when I moved house, needed someone to talk to talk when I was feeling down or just wanted a quiet night in the pub none of them were ever there or ever likely to be there. Real life is more important and for the majority of people who quit before/soon after/during ToA did so as the demands were simply too high on a casual/older player. Don't forget if you play 5 hours a month or 200 hours a month you pay the same subs!

Bit of a rant I know but there ya go. I know perhaps there should be a reward for putting more time in and I accept that but that's no excuse to have a reward that the casual player has no hope of acheiving. A little balance would have been nice is all I'm saying :)

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Petwick(Ebony Hand) said:
Damn,was about to say that myself,as I work nightshifts and weekends,kinda hard to get into ML`s.......(also u try getting into a ML grp step raid as a Nightshade ^^)

the only way to solve that is make your own grp step raid thats what i did,just looked up vos and asked any people who have done them before for advice as well, i also checked fh for what is the best setup for a grp for a particular ml there a lot more easy than you think.as for maps its best to get derida ui as that has an ingame map and shows you where the ml steps are and also arti spots.

p.s. cant remember what site you download it from now but im sure someone else does.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
mikke said:
you know that that aint possible. how on earth is and lvl 40 inf supposed to farm gov scrolls\mad tales scrolls\battler scrolls\malice scrolls wich all drop from level 58++ mobs?
in SI, how did a lvl 40 infi get the uber items? he didnt? aah i see!
did he solo sidi? no? yeah thats right. He didn't. And nobody said you had to have gov as a newb (considering that he hasn't any friends he's a) a wanker b) a newb) or any good item for that matter (he has to have a competitive template to compete in rvr). Same was it in si, it was just easier... He wanna do ml's? he can do the presteps himself, read vos ask around, find experienced players on forums and have a talk with them about doing it, make friends and then get the items he want :eek:
that said im not saying we should praise toa :p im just saying that newbs wont be leet from the beginning.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
If goa stopped with the releasing of all the new expantions, and rather was focusing on fixing classics\SI\ToA..

dude GOA dont release and fixx probs and stuff, they just to what miffic tells them to do.

so in general blame Miffic

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Deepfat said:
Bit of a rant I know but there ya go. I know perhaps there should be a reward for putting more time in and I accept that but that's no excuse to have a reward that the casual player has no hope of acheiving. A little balance would have been nice is all I'm saying :)

I'm a casual player. I don't play DAoC every night and I don't do every ML that's going, nor do I have a lot of artifacts but I still have fun everytime I play the game.

I'm also 35, I have a partner, no kids yet, I have a full time job as a journalist which often involves working evenings/weekends and yet I still have time to take part in the extra bits of the game which ToA brought along as and when I feel like it.

At the end of the day it all depends on the individual's idea of fun and or the level at which they think they have become a 'success' etc.
If I go out and do some RvR and I generally have a good time doing it, I couldn't care less if I get 10 rps or 1000 rps, that's only one way of measuring an individual's in-game success imho.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
1:
Kaun_IA said:
dude GOA dont release and fixx probs and stuff, they just to what miffic tells them to do.

so in general blame Miffic
2:
Danya said:

i couldnt care much less

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
in SI, how did a lvl 40 infi get the uber items? he didnt? aah i see!
did he solo sidi? no? yeah thats right. He didn't. And nobody said you had to have gov as a newb (considering that he hasn't any friends he's a) a wanker b) a newb) or any good item for that matter (he has to have a competitive template to compete in rvr). Same was it in si, it was just easier... He wanna do ml's? he can do the presteps himself, read vos ask around, find experienced players on forums and have a talk with them about doing it, make friends and then get the items he want :eek:
that said im not saying we should praise toa :p im just saying that newbs wont be leet from the beginning.

i just said that becouse reQiel said so... and becouse its true

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Cadiva said:
I'm a casual player. I don't play DAoC every night and I don't do every ML that's going, nor do I have a lot of artifacts but I still have fun everytime I play the game.

I'm also 35, I have a partner, no kids yet, I have a full time job as a journalist which often involves working evenings/weekends and yet I still have time to take part in the extra bits of the game which ToA brought along as and when I feel like it.

At the end of the day it all depends on the individual's idea of fun and or the level at which they think they have become a 'success' etc.
If I go out and do some RvR and I generally have a good time doing it, I couldn't care less if I get 10 rps or 1000 rps, that's only one way of measuring an individual's in-game success imho.

I've got no problem with ToA as an idea. My idea of a sense of balance is more based upon the fact that you *have to* group up to acheive MLs, Artis etc. There's never been any direct restriction in the game to hitting 50 solo and, in theory at least, you'd only ever have to group to get your epic armour. I'd have stuck with ToA if there were quests that could be done solo or with 2/3 players that could replace the group quests. It would have been an ideal opportunity to introduce a series of quests based on a more story orientated line. If you made the quests slower to solo than to group than the players who simply wish to complete these encounters as fast as poss would still have grouped up in peak times to get what they felt they needed but the casual player can still log on for an hour so and actually do something useful. Just my veiw point tho :)

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
As far as I know Hunters Get Charm if they spec the right way ? but I agree give mids Pet spam classs and remove whorelocks

Hunters can only charm mobs up to 82% of their own level. Have fun doing ml's with only a lvl41 pet ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom