idea

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
just wounder if FH dev/mods could implement a calendar system for Daoc each realm

so its a tad easier to see what raids r running and when

just an idea

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
well, its sticky posts.. and it stands dates in them, so make ur own callendar:p it would take to much effort for the mods to find all the dates of raids, edit them if something comes up etc etc imo.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
well, its sticky posts.. and it stands dates in them, so make ur own callendar:p it would take to much effort for the mods to find all the dates of raids, edit them if something comes up etc etc imo.
we have a GnD clanendar but thouhgt it might be handy to see whats happening at a glance but nm

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
cool idea

The sticky posts are kinda getting a bit large tbh.

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
The germans have been doing that calendar thing for ages. I dont really know how it works, but if you post your raid info in a special way on the german community boards, it will automatically get included in this calendar:

http://toa.online-worlds.de/?action=eventcalender

A post about how this is done (theres some kind of script running on the forum boards) is located here (although its german, hehe)

http://daoc-guide.4players.de/forums/showthread.php?t=39632

Maybe someone can adapt this for the english community, its a very convenient system.

Tilda

I'm going to move this to the feedback forum.
I think there is an FH calendar, although some guide/hack may be needed for us to be able to make a "raid" addition for a specific time/day to it.

Tilda

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I'm going to move this to the feedback forum.
I think there is an FH calendar, although some guide/hack may be needed for us to be able to make a "raid" addition for a specific time/day to it.

Tilda

you dont have to use the fourm interface, you could make a sperate website for it, then atleast we have the choice not to know, if someone killed the orc leader or not:p

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Psyco, I don't know what the Freddy's capacity is but if you're happy with a separate website then there are plenty of free online, sharable calendars you could use in the interim. Google Calendar is probably the most obvious choice, although I hear many good (better) things about 30 Boxes.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
Psyco, I don't know what the Freddy's capacity is but if you're happy with a separate website then there are plenty of free online, sharable calendars you could use in the interim. Google Calendar is probably the most obvious choice, although I hear many good (better) things about 30 Boxes.

ok:-/

wouldn't it be easyer to have a differant site though, rather than tinkle with software that you guys didn't wright...
just put a sticky/anouncement in the forum subtitle, with a link...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The vBulletin calendar system isn't really suited to this. You can't post replies to a calendar event, so you have to end up linking a thread for extra details if you need replies for signups. Also the calendar page is hidden away, when players post a raid thread they want as many people as possible to see it - it's pointless.

However, maybe the Event Forums hack could be very useful. There would be no need for sticky threads, all the events are listed at the top.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
However, maybe the Event Forums hack could be very useful. There would be no need for sticky threads, all the events are listed at the top.

thats very much like what its like currently though?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
thats very much like what its like currently though?

Yes, but no. Threads wouldn't need to be stickied (you get a much shorter summary list), and you get a fully working calendar to go with it.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:
The vBulletin calendar system isn't really suited to this. You can't post replies to a calendar event, so you have to end up linking a thread for extra details if you need replies for signups. Also the calendar page is hidden away, when players post a raid thread they want as many people as possible to see it - it's pointless.

heh I wrote that plugin :p

Users who are viewing this thread