Idea: new craftline

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic will hopefully revamp their crafting system at some point in the not-so-far-off future if what ive read is correct. I hope they will include something like this in their new crafts lineup.

Wilderness Survival.
A craft which improves the practitioneers ability to live off the land, survive and indeed thrive in the less civilized areas of the world. It includes the abilities to create campfires, bandages, antidotes, and also allows the looting of certain craftsmaterials from certain mobs, and the gathering of certain craftmaterials from natural resource nodes found in the wilderness. Maybe also the ability to set traps (in pve only) that you can lure mobs into.
Camps would increase health and mana regeneration for anyone inside 250 radius and not in combat, and who hasnt been in combat the last 10 sec. Maybe they could also create potions to mask their scent and thus lessen their aggroradius etc.

This is ofc to lessen downtime and make leveling more fun for people without access to pl, bots or a perfect group, and would also add a roleplaying element with a graphical representation of a small camp for the players to rest in.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Almost directly stolen from SWG ... where I think with the "scouting" line you could make campfires/camps that would up your regen rates/cure poisons etc..

But still a pretty good idea to implement into daoc I like it.

jayjay67

Fledgling Freddie
Go back to WoW/SWG and stop stealing silly ideas for here.

However the ability of self bandaging(First Aid) is a very good one which i think all mmo's should have in some form or another.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
First Aid is a Realm Ability I think everyone has access to. It's a 3-minute RUT health boost that works like MCL.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye thats taking from WoW no doubt....
imo, give the ability to UN-sc a peice of armor, maybe even rogs...so u can have a nice peice of mp, wit crap stats revamped into a top seller on the ME's .. ?

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
First Aid is a Realm Ability I think everyone has access to. It's a 3-minute RUT health boost that works like MCL.

i think he meant the self bandaging (first aid) skill from WoW, no? ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Not an SWG player :p But yes the decreased downtime is ofc inspired by WoW - in there you have food and drinks (and a better basic regen in any event). I thought a nice campfire would be a nice twist of this for daoc.

About First Aid - yes we have it as realm ability, however it costs 5pts so a lowbie wont be able to get it for some time, and he will also gimp his ra setup somewhat if he spends 5pts on it which could be better spent elsewhere. Simply put you should not have to spend realm points on something so basic: a good natural regeneration will only serve to make the game more fun for a casual player without buffbot and pl etc. Sitting on your arse waiting 2-4 min between each fight you have with a bluecon (yes it is that bad for a newbie without twinked gear etc, ive tried it. And even with twinked items you still suffer quite alot of damage and mana loss each fight). The game shouldnt be 75% reading forums and 25% action in my humble oppinion.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Mythic will hopefully revamp their crafting system at some point in the not-so-far-off future if what ive read is correct. I hope they will include something like this in their new crafts lineup.

This is ofc to lessen downtime and make leveling more fun for people without access to pl, bots or a perfect group.

You honestly believe leveling goes too slow still??? :eek7:
I never pl'd any of my chars and with catacombs they lvld in no time to 50!

I don't agree on a new line though, quests can give a nice change for crafters, but the crafting system as it stands now is bollox and that needs/is going to change.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
or they could just make crafting in daoc as easy as crafting as wow...

:m00:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
just give a interface like wow where u can set it to make 20 or how meny u have materials to make so u don't have to sit press that freaky button all the time :touch:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Aadia said:
You honestly believe leveling goes too slow still??? :eek7:
I never pl'd any of my chars and with catacombs they lvld in no time to 50!

Its not so much a question of being slow, more a question of having a lot of downtime. In fact i would be willing to take a slight reduction of exp if the downtime was decreased, since i play the game to... play the game. Not to tab out after ive killed one or two mobs and read forums for a couple minutes, or go make a cup of tea etc (yes i can actually go make a cup of tea in the time it takes me to regen from below 50% to full health on my poor liddul valkyrie). Maybe you played a vampiir or something, which truely have no downtime, but for many many classes downtime is a huge issue if you are solo (or even in groups if they arent opted).

And yes, i do have a buffbot (inactive), and i could probably arrange some pl for my characters as well if i wanted. But i want to play the game without that crap, and i want it to be friendly and fun to *new* players.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
or they could just make crafting in daoc as easy as crafting as wow...

:m00:
If they HAD to copy the crafting system from another MMO, atleast pick one with a decent crafting system. :p

I liked SWGs crafting system to be honest, with all the resource differences that alter quality and the experimentation stuff. It was nice enough to play a crafter full time. :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
If they HAD to copy the crafting system from another MMO, atleast pick one with a decent crafting system. :p

I liked SWGs crafting system to be honest, with all the resource differences that alter quality and the experimentation stuff. It was nice enough to play a crafter full time. :p

I used to craft full time in DAoC. Back in the day, before MP was the normal order, I spent exactly as much time talking to Tailors and taking orders as I did making orders. Taking and completing 10-15 orders a night (most for full sets) was quite normal.

A combination of MP frenzy, Artifacts and TOA drops killed that market, and with it crafting. The green bar wasn't a problem without MPs, really.

Darzil

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
lol u guys :p we get the message , this idea was not accepted by the majority but i would rather see it done then no change becaus the crafting we have now is BORING and expensive , u should MAKE money wile crafting not loosing, therfor they should ad raw materials as mob drops or something. The only thing wo sucks in daoc is the crafting tbh , learn from runescape :p (maybe not :p ) but at least do something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom