Idea! Merge Spanish server with English onces!

Would you want ENG servers to be merged with Spanish server?

• Yes

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 77 56.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Is this possible?
Imo this would be nice, would be able to choose from eatch 3 realms then also, sure they might not know spanish so good.

But maybe they would think this is a good idea also? And i mean they can always play with the same ppl they are atm.

Would this be possible to do? Maybe make some poll about this on eng / spanish news site?

I know i would like to be able to try a third realm on english server atleast.

So would you want ENG servers to be merged with Spanish server?

blejs

Loyal Freddie
write why u say no pls to :)

Since i dont see how this can be so negative, they dont have so high pop either. Would just make able to choose from 1 realm more mainly imo :)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
they made that server so we could get rid of the spanglishh imo xD

(merge all daoc servers, wtf action deluxe?)

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
im spanish and i play in english servers coz i dont want to go on a server with 50 albs 50 mids and 50 mids and maybe 8 of each realm play rvr

i dont care about merge, i know i wont play in a server with 100 ppl :m00:

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJJAJAAJJA.. Need another reason?

blejs

Loyal Freddie
many ppl from spain atm already on server, wouldnt really matter if those on that server would come.

Or you think 100ppl > 1 new realm we able to play on?

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
You can always make a character on the Spanish server if you want.. or a French one.. or a German one..

Let Spanish people have a server in their language.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Alliandre said:
You can always make a character on the Spanish server if you want.. or a French one.. or a German one..

Let Spanish people have a server in their language.

That aint the same thing is it? Its about what WE would want.

Not what they would like, then if they would like it also then it wouldnt be a problem. If its possible to do that is.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Downanael said:
kekekekekekekekekekekekekeke <<<<<<33333!

This is the reason.

looks like u got 2accounts on all 3 realms tho :>

Think ppl are overreacting atm, doubt it would be such a big change atleast :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Rather than merge (cluster), just copy all your chars to the EU servers, shut down the Spanish one.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt it'll be possible because of the spanish community wouldn't understand whats going on in NF, since its one zone and therefore has to be in one language. And all sorts of communication problems between the Spanish and English.

English Person-Excalibur has just died in the Temple of DOOM by English Person2-Prydwen!
Spanish Person: ¿Dónde moriste?
English Person: wtf? speak english
Spanish Person: ¿Hablés español por favor?
English Person: k whatever
Spanish Person-Cumbria has just died in the Temple of DOOM by English Person2-Prydwen!

blejs

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
Rather than merge (cluster), just copy all your chars to the EU servers, shut down the Spanish one.

works to, but mainly want cluster because it would be nice if it was possible to play on all 3 realms on english server.

And Ame yes that we dont know if they even would want to.
But the poll is about if we want or not :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if they clustered them you'd not be able to make any new chars on any realm on the spanish server other than a one you already had chars on.

i.e. if you're on alb/excal and they clustered cumbria you'd not be able to play hib or mid on cumbria.

Not to mention it's probably not possible given the server versions are different (and therefore really really odd things would go wrong - e.g. climb walls when using a different language client from the server didn't work back in the days - not sure if they fixed it with NF mind you) and either the frontier would be spitting out spanish server messages or english ones - neither of which works.

I think it's a shame the spanish server isn't popular :( (it's more populated than Pendragon at least ;)) but I don't think clustering it with excal/prydwen would help matters.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
blejs said:
works to, but mainly want cluster because it would be nice if it was possible to play on all 3 realms on english server.

if they wanted you to do that they could just remove the whole "must be in one realm on a server thing". I.e. allow you to create all three realms on excalibur or prydwen (see Pendragon or Camlann for example)

Clustering has restrictions to try and avoid the rampant cross realming (which happens anyway, but probably to a much lesser extent than if it was an instant switch)

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Well if i have as i have atm mid/pryd hib/exc

I can make stuff on alb/clum BEFORE cluster and i would be able to be alb wouldnt i? :>

Just need to do that realm choice before cluster hits :>

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
No and cba explaining why... I personally see 34 reasons not to do this and 1 or 2 very weak reasons to do it.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
i dont play alot on cumbria but there is much better the customer service even if are 100 ppl

/clap nagual

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
bad idea , do not whant to learn spanish to comunicate with realm m8s tbh , and i guess the spanish servers run with diferent languange on commands etc so when u type /stick u only get back "no hablo english" :p

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
general players won't do what ur gonna do blej if theres a cluster and make chars on cumbria, so say this makes to probably 70% of the pryd/exc/cumbria population completely useless appart from having another 10 chars in the realm u already have.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
I understand it that Cumbria will convert to english languege and then join excal/pryd cluster. This would have all 3 servers the same languege.

I wouldnt mind it, dont really care though cause ill never play easymode midgard :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no thanks amigos i like the loot lottoed at the end of raids and my relics safe at 5am.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Veno said:
I understand it that Cumbria will convert to english languege and then join excal/pryd cluster. This would have all 3 servers the same languege.

I wouldnt mind it, dont really care though cause ill never play easymode midgard :p

Yeah, that was what i was thinking atleast :)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Veno said:

Wonder how the existing spanish community (yes there actually is one) on Cumbria will feel about that? Not being able to understand whats going on, or even playing the game to any extent because it'll all be in english.

Imagine if we were to be clustered with the German servers. Oh look, theres more germans playing then english. Therefore we'll translate the servers to German for no adequately explorered reason, and just expect the english to still play.

May not have been argued well, but fuck it.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Ame said:
Wonder how the existing spanish community (yes there actually is one) on Cumbria will feel about that? Not being able to understand whats going on, or even playing the game to any extent because it'll all be in english.

Imagine if we were to be clustered with the German servers. Oh look, theres more germans playing then english. Therefore we'll translate the servers to German for no adequately explorered reason, and just expect the english to still play.

May not have been argued well, but fuck it.

No, you said everything I was about to post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom