Idea for Thurgys

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
a long time ago Mythic said that Thurgy are useful Siege caster, but after giving them no spells for it they scrapped the idea. Anyway i think they should bring it back by adding a new, GT Static focus chant (but no power consumption after summon) Pet spell to each of the line. Because its a chant PBT and Speed cannot be used while pet is active. Once focus is brocken pet starts to loose 1% heath per sec

Earth Ram pets, Summon near a keep door and it will act like a battering ram doing damage = to % of the spell level vs a Siege ram (ie L50 pet would do 50% damage of a a Siege ram). Swing time something like 15-20secs.

Ice Block Lobber, Acks like a Treb, throwing bolders of Ice into keeps/Area doing same sort of damage as a standed AOE spell but with no fall off every 15 secs. Useful for both attacking and defending so would also make Ice more attractive.

Air Tornado pet. Casts a pulsating PBAE DD (damage about the same as Necros). Mainly useful for defending and wouldn't be as powerful in NF.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
baldor for mythic new game designer :worthy:

edit : arf, regular freddy at last :flame:

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
Theurgs

Well, sounds good to me - the utility of this class certainly needs looking at - as it stands (depending on spec) you're either a poor mans sorcerer DD wise or a poor mans wizard. Perhaps decreasing the power cost of pet spells would be a good idea but limit the number of active pets allowed to prevent spamming - 12% power cost per pet is somewhat extreme - and this seems to be the defining role of the class.

Above ideas also seem pretty good to me :)

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
12% mana cost my ass
with 5% power pool and good focus a pet takes something like 4%...

bult

Loyal Freddie
theurgs bad utility? what game are you playing? Oo

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
theurg is kinda fine as it is tbh, wizard earth/fire line should be looked at or the whole class as it is, but not theurgs imo.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic made an mistake when they took the utility away from Wizard and made a new class called Theurgists (yes, they used to be one single class) instead :p Seriously, with bit of tweaking Wizgist would be fairly balanced class.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Mythic made an mistake when they took the utility away from Wizard and made a new class called Theurgists (yes, they used to be one single class) instead :p Seriously, with bit of tweaking Wizgist would be fairly balanced class.

and you would have the runnie \o/ :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Teren said:
12% mana cost my ass
with 5% power pool and good focus a pet takes something like 4%...

Yep, that 12% figure has always been bogus because it based off INT before buffs and ToA bonuses. Mythic need to rethink the way it is displayed, in the current game that figure misleads people into thinking that a Theurgist can cast 8 pets before O.O.P. but the true figure can be much much higher if they have the best buffs and capped bonuses.

As for utility, well look at it this way. PBT isn't as great as some people would have you belive, it leaves you pretty ineffective when you have it running during combat as the powerdrain can leave the caster out of power after 5-6 DD's or heals if the character is a Warden. The we have the age old problem of being a single target nuker with extremely poor crowd control in the current version of DAoC, sure we can spam pets but since when did pets stop or even make a dent in a Savage assist train? A Wizard with his AE DD's has a chance of doing some real damage before the train gets to him but poor Theurgy gets a couple of pets off before he takes a dirt nap. Air pets you say? Sure they can chain stun but they run like old ladies, only last 20 secs including the time it takes to reach the target and even then won't stop an assist train. Then we move onto debuffs, we get the worst debuff in the game when it comes to RvR. You spec high earth for 6sec PBT and the debuff thinking that you won't get hit by a debuffed target and all that happens is you get obliterated on the second hit because you debuffed thier swing speed.

So, we have a single target nuker who can pet spam until close combat and then he is dead. His crowd control is laughable and his debuffs help him get hit harder. Now don't make the mistake of thinking that I am saying a Theurgist is underpowered because that is nonsense, they are a fun class that when played with skill can turn a battle. What I am saying is that the class is somewhat lacking on utility and it's crowd control is so bad that they may as well remove the AE versions and replace it either with a decent debuff or some form of AE offence. Or they could upwardly tweak the current AE crowd control to more reasonable levels.

Doing nothing is the more likely outcome though, Mythic are struggling enough with the current classes and spells/styles so the last thing they will want to do is fine tune a class that works pretty well as it is.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Phusion said:
2 theurgs can kill a lvl 8 door in no-time just fyi.

i'm sure that the guards would just leave them be while they did

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
i'm sure that the guards would just leave them be while they did

get a few tanks to taunt the gaurds off? Not like spamming pets on the door creates any agro on the gaurds.

and aithe, runnie got pbt, GT, nuking in his three lines which is earth of wizard, earth of theurgist and fire in wizard :). Sure it doesnt match exactly, but a wizard/theurgist without pets is awefully close to being a runnie :).

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
AoE root, AoE mez, DA, DS, Haste and offcourse the pets...quite a difference

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aithe said:
AoE root, AoE mez, DA, DS, Haste and offcourse the pets...quite a difference

Top spec AE Root that lasts 12 secs with resists and Det, Top spec AE Mez that lasts 6 seconds with resists and Det. Those are actual figures and I know what I am talking because I am a RR5+ Theurgist myself, Theurgist crowd control is crap and no half decent group would rely on a Theurgist for CC because they can't get the job done. Now all that maybe the fault of that abortion known as Det, the stated durations on the spell are fine and even when you reduce the duration after resists they would be acceptable but Det just takes the piss. Why spec for a 73 second root when you know you will be lucky if it lasts for more than 15secs against any tank over RR4? Oh and Theurgists don't get damage shield btw.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
oh but theurgists get to spam pets that cant be mezzed/rooted that last 30 secs on all support chars keeping them interrupted for the duration of pets lifetime, or until someone kills them. without a defensive pbae killing the pets was awful trouble tbh..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
fl3a said:
oh but theurgists get to spam pets that cant be mezzed/rooted that last 30 secs on all support chars keeping them interrupted for the duration of pets lifetime, or until someone kills them. without a defensive pbae killing the pets was awful trouble tbh..

Can be stunned or turned against the caster though, there is an upside and a downside. I agree though, the pets are useful but that wasn't my point. I honestly feel that they either need to tweak the CC upwards or give the class a useful debuff. I would consider the class pretty much spot on then, although any form of AE damage would be a real bonus as single target nuking is very limiting during keep defence. Still, fun class to play and not vastly underpowered thats for sure.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:

yeah bust still not as useful as shrooms, and there wasa time when they were pritty useless, getting mezzed for full duration (ie being 0% effective against any enemy group).

You can of course send a bunch of pets on a targe only to have target die to something else 5secs after you finish casting, then your pets are waisted.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The pets life is a joke, any decent tank (2 hander or savage/zerker or any tank with decent slow weapons) can 1 (or if you're unlucky, 2) shot them...

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
poor dear balbor

theurgs are a great class, is good fun playing mine, they have very good utility, and the pets rock if used well

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Are you at the cannabis again? why not share some? I could go for a rush. If not, just throw it away and wait until the rush goes, and THEN post here again? I have yet to see a post from you that doesent contain clueless whine at some alb class. If the animists are so damn overpowered, go roll one, and delete your defenseless underpowered theurgist?

Lets make make the BEST animist shrooms of your current level cost like 5% effective power, imune to mezz and root and give them legs and with that, nukes/spammable stuns/inhuman speed to follow their target for the reminder of their duration.

yeah bust still not as useful as shrooms, and there wasa time when they were pritty useless, getting mezzed for full duration (ie being 0% effective against any enemy group).

Kinda like animists pets are now, surprise.

You can of course send a bunch of pets on a targe only to have target die to something else 5secs after you finish casting, then your pets are waisted.

Kinda like the specnukes that animists waste 48-50 points into, surprise AGAIN

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
a long time ago Mythic said that Thurgy are useful Siege caster,

we've done a few tests and believe me: they are more powerful at sieging then you can possibly imagine...

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Leleith said:
Are you at the cannabis again? why not share some? I could go for a rush. If not, just throw it away and wait until the rush goes, and THEN post here again? I have yet to see a post from you that doesent contain clueless whine at some alb class. If the animists are so damn overpowered, go roll one, and delete your defenseless underpowered theurgist?

Lets make make the BEST animist shrooms of your current level cost like 5% effective power, imune to mezz and root and give them legs and with that, nukes/spammable stuns/inhuman speed to follow their target for the reminder of their duration.

Kinda like animists pets are now, surprise.

Kinda like the specnukes that animists waste 48-50 points into, surprise AGAIN

never said Thurgys were bad, did you even read my post, probably not, because you cannot cme up with any ideas of your own you just go around commenting on what you think you have read.

I said 'and there was a time when they were pritty useless' mean before they were made mezz/root immune, before they were increaded in level.

Lots of Classes are good at Sieges, and just as useful if not more so than Thurgys
Animists - Shrooms
Runemaster - GTAE
Spiritmaster - PBAE
Wizards - GTAE/PBAE
Bone Dancer - Instent Interupts
Enchanter - PBAE
Eld - GTAE/PBAE.

Getting Keep doors down isn't the hardest part of taking a keep, and loosing the doors isn't the end if you can make a good defence in the lords room.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, if you honestly want to get the most fun out of your theurg...roll one on a PvP server. I'm not even kidding. I rolled one, and got to lvl 36 and rr4 in 1 day. And that was only on a snickering notion of what damage they could cause, I never even MEANT to actually play him.

petspam ftw

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
They are really lame in camlann indeed...you suddenly get nuked every 0.5 sec and you see some green con guy running away...not much you can do against the pets, because they can't be mezzed :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thegreatest said:
The pets life is a joke, any decent tank (2 hander or savage/zerker or any tank with decent slow weapons) can 1 (or if you're unlucky, 2) shot them...

yea ur right. but if u shove 5 or 6 pets up their arse they tend to be a real problem :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I think they should fix theurgist pet power costs the way they fixed Savages selfbuffs. :)

Cyfr

Banned
Idea for thurgs: Can no longer cast pets to stop them from wtf pwning solo casters from insane range. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom