Idea for new feature

N

-Nxs-

Any ideas where you can post ideas for new features for DAOC, I had this idea last night.

When someone in a group goes LinkDead there name turns Blue for a short time in the group window (and mini group window)

Ok, now how many times have you pulled some mobs in a group with someone still AFK, even if they have said "AFK for a mo" we always seam to forget.

Wouldn't it be great if when a player typed /AFK then their name in the group window/mini window turned RED (EDIT: opps you're name is RED when you die.. urm how about yellow) or some similar colour until they returned and did /AFK again.

This really cant be that hard to implement and would be a really benefitial addition to 1.60 :)

Where can i send this brainwave ? RightNow is still down.

B

Belsameth

vnboards, at the developers round table.
I would give you a link but I can't be arsed to look for it

L

-Lonewolf-

I believe this has been implemented in USA, as I have seen it when playing on their servers

U see u have a position in games development already mate ;)

N

-Nxs-

Not trying to bump an old thread, but havent seen this happen yet, so it looks unlikely it was in a USA patch.

I supose I could email this in for the grab bag - anyone know how to do that ? Yes... ok... maybe I should email GOA, but It would be mythic that make the change.

D

Damon_D

We yelled for something like that before.. same goes for if a person is diseased or poisoned..if a person has a few buff's and maybe a dmg add or pbt running I cant see if he is poisoned or diseased...sure I get the msg when he gets the effect...but picking that up in the msg overflow..ever when turning alot of it off..is bloody hard

N

-Nxs-

Best thing you can do for diseased is turn your "spell resist" messages to bright blue, youll then see when healing someone if they are diseased as there will be a nice bright blue message about it being resisted.

D

Damon_D

Yeah bu t I still both wasted the power and the time..in a rvr situation that get's peopel kill'd..and for poison..well sure you can see the person taking dmg each time it tick's..but its still a pain..cant be very tough to make the lifebar go green if diseased and red if poisoned can it ??

F

Flimgoblin

use the camelot herald rather than the VN boards :) more likely to get seen I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom