Idea for Alb :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Now some of you may think this is good idea or bad idea but really dont care :)

I think Alb Keep/Tower defense is OK but not great but I think we can turn OK into GREAT Keep/Tower Defense.

As you know Hibs/Mids are quite geared up for Keep/Tower Defense with pbaoe. Well Im sure Albs can do that too with Ice wiz. So my idea is the following.

How about all of us, not just sellected players but ALL create characters or existing characters for this purpose Defense only. The groups I was thinking was this:

Cleric
Cleric
Ice
Ice
Sorc
Caba
Arms
Arms

Obviously you can come up with your own pbaoe groups. But I really strongly recommend this just for Defense.

I think if we work on this I think Alb could have a really decent if not Great Defense if well organised, dont you think?

I for one is up for this if people are interested.

What do you say?

Amphrax/Arauddry

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Its always the player behind a good setup :p

the problem always been the players :p

thats 1 of the reasons that RR is meaningless

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
I fully disagree m8 sorry

Why the hell should we always be on defensive?
The whole Irvr is designed so mids/hibs get what they want and when albs get something they complain that we are overpowered

Why not give mids a taste of their own medicine for once?
Light all their keeps up at the same time and make them pap their pantz as to which ones to save first
I agree they are strong on a whole.. but why play their games? we should be making our own games up against them
Seperate them from their elite zergs and they just as strong as we are and easier to handle

Include everyone in RvR for once... that way when the rvr`ers log off theres still someone who wants to join in
Elite groups just push new players out of NF and when a spot does come free they think they not good enough and go do other things
Or people are forced into playing classes they don`t enjoy just to be a part of the rvr as their main class is a no no in even pug groups

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The reason Albs suck at defence is because they are so unorganised.
Creating new group setups won't help.

While defending most Albs will charge straight for the nearest wall, get off 2 nukes, die then get rezzed. They will then yell for buffs while trying again to get off another nuke and die yet again.
When the door finally goes down 80% of the Albs are almost certainly unbuffed and rez sick. Perfect for repelling all those mids and hibs!!

It's the skill of the players, not the classes that's normally lacking.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You need a mix of groups:

- tank groups with Banelords, preferably 3 Clerics, 1 Tic with RR5, Reavers/Mercs,
- caster MoC3 groups, preferably with a Friar, 2 slammers/body guarders/grapplers.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The reason Albs suck at defence is because they are so unorganised.
Creating new group setups won't help.

While defending most Albs will charge straight for the nearest wall, get off 2 nukes, die then get rezzed. They will then yell for buffs while trying again to get off another nuke and die yet again.
When the door finally goes down 80% of the Albs are almost certainly unbuffed and rez sick. Perfect for repelling all those mids and hibs!!

It's the skill of the players, not the classes that's normally lacking.

Ofc the number of insta's especially against attacking mids doesn't help at all? they interrupt very well and have the tools to do it far more effectively. Thus in enclosed spaces mids have a big advantage as long as the right chars are there.

Ice wiz helps enourmously but not exactly alot of them around at high RR, can only think of only one off the top of my head. They weren't exactly great for standard RvR group setups. Most wizi's went ice for 40-50 just for leveling then straight to fire for RvR.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
it's as Golena says: Alb just isn't organised.
I'm even gonna bring this unorganisation of us down to a whole lower level, in which you already see how unorganised we are: you see mids and hibs these days always running around in fg or nearly fg, while we albions are running solo or in groups of 3 or 4 at best... yes, I agree, sometimes a slightly more intelligent albion gets a fg together, but that one always falls apart way too soon too.
What I'm trying to say is: people should just group up more and fight in teams more often (so don't go and hunt after those solo kills), and then I'm not only talking about making those fixed RvR groups (allthough I'm sure they could help in defence too, but why should be concentrate on defence while our offence sux for the moment? I mean, without a decent offence, we won't have anything to defend anyways). So just don't be choosy about who you let into your group and fight as a team, not as 8 solo'ers who happen to be grouped.

Bridd

Fledgling Freddie
Just a thought... what about the pbaoe of neccie? You could make these the core of a group-s as well, neccies AND icers hand in hand:cheers:. The group lights up and camps towers, damage dealers on second floor, clerics spam heal from roof. Even better have stealthers on ground floor to tackle their clerics who might arrive to spam when rest of group ascends. Send lone peeps out from time to time to lure others in.

This is a stratedgy hibs and mids use to great effect all of the time, but albs seem never to do it... I have seen albs use this common hib/mid ruse only once - literally - in nearly two years of RvR.

The best defence is an effective offence.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
bridd has a good point...
using a neccie as AoE spammer would be nice too, since when they kill the pet, the neccie isn't dead just yet, so he maybe won't suffer from res sickness that much and stuff...
But I've said this ingame already too: people shouldn't really stick on the set RvR groups too much, all classes have their ups and downs in RvR and most of them are quite balanced imo, so put together any kind of group and see how it suits your playing style.
It is true that the best defence is an offence, but only by variation you can keep on rejecting the enemies' tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom