Iceland = Terrorists?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
this is a result of Iceland stating they would not honouring their obligations in the UK (regarding assets after the icelanding banks got into trouble), as a result the act was used to seize all their foreign assets to protect british assets which were put into them.
As a result the banks collapsed obviously, and iceland are angry that the british government is taking back all uk investments resulting in Iceland not being able to pay off its local debts i.e. councils, residents, etc.. who had money tied into those banks

Iceland aren't terrorists according to the UK, but the act was used to seize assets belonging to UK residents
Something that website cleverly makes rather ambiguous as well quoting letters on big sites rather than actual articles :p

On the flip side Iceland claims they didn't say they werent going to honour their obligations to the uk, and have challenged mr darling to proove otherwise

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
It's still a gross misuse of legislation designed to fight 'terror', makes you wonder what else they could use it for.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Before this day, didn't know what UK people meant by "our government sucks".

It's worse then the US :eek7:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fuck me its only iceland, who really gives a shit?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Before this day, didn't know what UK people meant by "our government sucks".

It's worse then the US :eek7:

well not really :p
Iceland said they werent going to pay anything back after huge investment from the uk, they called the british bluff and it has backfired

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well not really :p
Iceland said they werent going to pay anything back after huge investment from the uk, they called the british bluff and it has backfired

Kinda like if you didn't pay me back a fiver and i declared you a bomb-carrying taliban.

Terrorist means one thing these days and this was a cock move by any stadards.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kinda like if you didn't pay me back a fiver and i declared you a bomb-carrying taliban.

Terrorist means one thing these days and this was a cock move by any stadards.

er.. they arent branded terrorists that is just a spin to get publicity
The government used the terrorism act to get back the assets, that is all

Its like me not paying you back your fiver, and you invoking the terrorism act which allows you to freeze that £5 so that i cannot give it to someone else and evetually forcing me to give it back to you

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
er.. they arent branded terrorists that is just a spin to get publicity
The government used the terrorism act to get back the assets, that is all

Its like me not paying you back your fiver, and you invoking the terrorism act which allows you to freeze that £5 so that i cannot give it to someone else and evetually forcing me to give it back to you

Yeah, aka, cockmove.

It's stupid and helps noone.

soze

I am a FH squatter
They are trying to De Stabilise our economy though not giving us are money back that is terrorism they are lucky they have nothing we want or we would invade! :twak: ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
They are trying to De Stabilise our economy though not giving us are money back that is terrorism they are lucky they have nothing we want or we would invade! :twak: ;)
its not your money :p, it is foreign investment given in good faith
the problem is that they have freezed your assets, meaning you cant trade with them(to stop you sending it elsewhere)
As well as taking the money all at once, which means rather than a gradual impact it has happened all at once

That is what is causing all the problems, Britain has pledged 3bn in loans, along with 1.1bn from dk, smaller donations from others to keep the economy afloat (enough to match Icelands gdp for years) to soften the blow but it will mean you owe alot of money

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bah thoose vikings would kick your ponsy arses back over the pond... :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
thats why i hate terror-act laws. they pretend its to protect the country, but it can and will be abused or used differently than its original purpose.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Serves em right for nicking out cod.....if theyre that desperate for money, they can drag Bjork back out of her cryogenic tent and get her to spam out a couple of albums of whalesong.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah, aka, cockmove.

It's stupid and helps noone.

It stopped British people, councils and even the Met Police loosing their money because of the bank collapsed in Iceland. The fact that those deposits were in Britain and belonged to British people seems to have escaped you. How right would it have been if they had moved the cash to iceland and paid everyone off there at the expense of the British account holders? Which is what they basically wanted to do.

The actions of the Bank of England and Channcellor stopped that happening. They made sure the deposits made in the UK remained in the UK. For once the fuckers got it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom