Ice theurgs?

G

Gaisil

Hi there, does anyone have experience with ice theurghists? in Rvr and Pve

and what r the most viable specs?

P

Pin

what is it with theurg threads today?

Ah well... 35e, 41i is the most common ice-based spec.

edit: PvE, well everyone loves a Theurg.... RvR, well you can try to be like Outlaw, but likely fail to be quite as annoying :p

W

whuzzy

I used to have one for BG1, and i loved it, get AOE Root, and some nice damge too actually, and of course the Nuking pets are the cutest imho 8O)

He used to be specced 20 Ice, 13 Wind, but well ... that's all i know about a ice theurgist 8/ (Or that's about the only caster i have ever leveled to higher than level 10)

What concerns PvE, i don't know, but i didn't encounter many problems while leveling it actually, could do aswell group but also nice Solo working.

Whuzz

F

Flimgoblin

the main problem with ice spec is you can't get the top dd/snare at 50 and still get pbt... that and your root will stop the snare working on your dd/snare - so if you aoe root and then dd/snare the ones that break free they don't get snared.

if you ignore pbt you can probably do some nice damage except resists will be a pain.

A

Apathy

But if you are willing to give up PBT simply to get as much damage as possible, you may as well just go 45 air and still get 10s PBT...

a.

M

Motowntheta

They would be if they didn't cast a lvl 25 always resistable snare dd :(

Edit: They are useful at standoffs when it's nearly the only way to hit people on walls :)

A

Apathy

Mwahaha. I knew ice theurgs would be the next popular class.

Someone email Wildfire with this important data! Tyka must be raped by ice pets!

a.

A

Aule Valar

outlaw's the one to ask, he's still ice, god knows why
used to be ice in 1.50, was reasonable and the aoe root is nice, but the damage off ice is terrible in comparison to air
(on hibs its close to the same due to insane spirit resists, but against mids spirit rips them appart)

G

Gaisil

The damage on middies ain't that bad , I'm lvl44 atm with 37 or something like tht in ice and i do bout 250damage on lvl50 mids and 150 on hibs , kinda almost never seen a resist before :)

R

Rollie_David

cold resist is by far the most common resist in middy, most sc suits have far more than the cap in ice because all the best items with multiple resists always ave ice on it.

N

Novamir

eh

ice pets are crap. resist resist resist resist etc.

air pets where it's at.

Users who are viewing this thread