Ia a 2H SB spec viable?

B

Biggilus

just wondering really, been looking at 5-spec, 34LA, 39CS, 31env 35stealth rest sword, but im not wondering just about solo stealth fights, im talking about against eveyr other class out there.
been havign a lot of fun with 2h in eveyr BG, just wondering if it really is that different in true rvr that 2h wont cut it
or is there alreadya thousand threads out like this? :eek:

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I found the time between hitting pa and getting the stun off from CD too long to actually be any use.

Only time I would use it, is if I was sure I could do a one shot (or near enough).

Irksole

Fledgling Freddie
I use 2h alot, find i quite useful, mainly use it for:
PA'ing soft targets
Performing hamstring (or any other style chain) with axes, then swapping out 2h for leaper, and switching back, near the end of fights this can just turn the tides especially if you got a poison on it and/or you use a matter lgw/bos 2h.
Definatly a must for SB's to carry these days but in out and out melee much better sticking to 2 axes, with the advantages of extra utility and the all important extra poison.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Using 2-h with disease, throwing it on when opponent has low'ish health and might pop a pot, or open with it on PA [Bludgeon 2-h PA on NS/Inf = <3].

If you are to spec full 2h, be aware that 2-h is easier to evade than 2 weapons, and you will have a harder time going thru shield. AND if you are going 2h, you really should have a hastebot, or constantly keep popping Mykr's gem of madness, or some other 20% 10min haste charge.

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
how ever if your 2h and you go up vs a duel welder you get more a chance to parry both attck's also you get to evade a bit so its might help

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Maff said:
how ever if your 2h and you go up vs a duel welder you get more a chance to parry both attck's also you get to evade a bit so its might help

But then if your a sb parry not going to help u much :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Not really that viable; good for PAing casters, but theres double chance of evade on 2h weapons so you dont want to be using it on another stealther or a tank really. Its just another tool you have to learn to use, imo a SBs key is in its ability to adapt; 2h, 1h+LA, different poisons, many styles to cripple an opponent.

This is based on when i used to play, things may have changed.

Roll a NS :D lol :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
2 handed sb is a lil tough...but for hunting casters it can be damn good fun......need to be high mop and some aug str tbh though.. dont expect to win versus other stealthers too often though.....my sb specc atm is 50 crit.. 39 sword..34env.. 34 stealth...

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
If u gonna hunt other stealthers then no. If u gonna mainly hunt casters and low hp ppl then yes its quite viable.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
what u also gotta take into consideration is that if u plan to solo and hunt soft classes they r generally gonna be groupd. so unless vanish is up u gonna eat grasss often.

other solo classes from my exp on classic that u will meet are vamps . ns . rangers . odd hero n bard for alb u got scouts . necros . infils , few arms and merc seem to solo also. dont know how two hand get on vs those classes but u will also meet a lorra solo friars also.

and in my exp if a two hand sb misses pa he is ussually easy rp's . if u land pa it does hurt but u still might get pwnd unless u get stun chain off.

i as a friar find that dw sb's are more able oponants. and on a all round scale i'd suggest DW and not 2hand.

B

Biggilus

okies was gonna end up 5-spec just been loving 2h spec for PvE purposes and of course BG purposes
so what's the 'traditional' 5-spec setup? been bumming around with a builder but fail to come to any conclusion what the most viable is, taking RR into account (at 1, 5, and thereafter)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
35 sword
35 LA
35 Stealth
39 CS
35 Env​
thats what I was aiming for at RR5 with my SB before I retired :(

up till then i was something like
35 sword
39 LA
35 Stealth
39 CS
31 Env​
but i found the evade stun not as useful, so was planning on dropping that for lifebane, and backing up with hamstring instead (<3 abs debuff from that).

Higher RR I would increase CS and drop stealth and env.

Alot of people say that Shadowzerker spec is better for low RR (at least to RR5), which is usually 50 LA, 36 Sword, 35 Stealth, 35 env, rest CS I think. I haven't personally tried it so not sure myself :)

B

Biggilus

doesnt sword itself at 39 have an evade stun?
worth speccing to 39sword 39CS 35stealth 31env rest LA?
also looking for a template :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom