I Zerg, You Zerg, He Zergs, She Zergs, We Zerg, They Zerg

F

fenrisan

OK not a whine about zerging, more a thread on the causes of zerging;

So, from an RvR newbie, three questions:

1) Would you rather be a stealther?

2) What would you do to change the status quo?

3) Where does the word zerg come from anyway?

S

samildanachh

i think the word zerg comes from Starcraft :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

1) God no. Nerfs inc!

2) Release nerve gas into the atmosphere so there would be no zerg and I could level my necro in peace.

3) Starcraft I believe. It is a reference to the alien zergling race...

M

mestoph

1) I must say it is funny sometimes to go stealthing and be able to walk into or upto a group of 8 other players and stand around, as they can't see you. And they just pick off the one you think you can kill when they start to move off. On the otherside, it can also piss you off so much. When constantly being the first to die in a battle of 100-200 players. Just because your big and a mage class.

2) Make the primary nukes of the realms, all able to do decent damage. FFS, atm... i cap on 268(-48) damage against most mid tanks. And that is with 65 Fire magic and +6% additional damage. It normally takes 7 blasts to kill a chanter pet or 12 blasts to kill a troll, which is enough time for them to kill what ever they are killing. Set up a picnic, have afternoon tea, take a stroll and then hit you twice and kill you.

3) I believe it will come from the race in StarCraft. When the game first came out, the zerg race was massively over powered for multiplay. You could simply quickly build a large number of forces and rush your opp. And so equates to a large number of players outnumbering a small group and wiping them.

S

Sortbane

catchy subject on this thread.. is it the new A1 hit? :m00:

(Yes I'm annoyed of the lack of whines for a topic with that name...)

F

fenrisan

No not an A1 track, a seriously serious thread about zergs;

3) Starcraft seems to have originated the word zerg

2) Remove the closest enemy key, lets have friendly fire deaths

3) yes, but too hard to level

10) f. all of the above

D

Damon_D

Yeah friendly fire and aoe spell's work great together.. realy good idea :rolleyes:

T

The Kingpin

Ah, good ol'StarCraft..

Givf more games like that!

M

mid_Efour

what about the Starcraft "cheese rush" attacking enemy base with as many SCV`s as u can build in about 2 minutes?

and zerglings where utter shit, even with 150 u can stim pack them down with half as many marines :)

D

Damon_D

aye but half as many marines takes 2 x time as long to make ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Tone down all rvr damage by 50% and make fights last longer....(in my view all forms of pbaoe are overpowered in rvr and spoil it)

Remove milegates aswell you always get some from your realm camping them:(

Make resists at a 50% cap.

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Tone down all rvr damage by 50% and make fights last longer....(in my view all forms of pbaoe are overpowered in rvr and spoil it)

Ah yes, remove all the classes that rely on quick heavy damage. Let's have only tanks in this game. Wouldn't that be fun..... :twak:

D

deygos

heh prty sure i said or someone said this already but

scrafting needs reworking - if u take 26% resist in fire, u should end up with -26% in cold. that's how it should be.

zerg will be diluted by one thing...& that is easy access to new massive RVR zones FFS :D mythic seem to be taking a long time over this & are more obssessed with housing or a new pve expansion...

:(

T

The Real Redi

Wow, never seen anyone conjugate the zerg before... :great:

O

old.Tohtori

Just off-topic but...

ahem..

Any good zergplayer knows that rushing is the worst tactic out there, atleast every other marine, protosser and their mother knows how to fend of a silly zerk attack :p

Flyers babeh! Then a "few" good ol spitters and some burrowed zerlings near the enemy base and mmmm....marine soup lebof!

H

hiban

1) No, just run in 1fg and try to find enemies that run in same amounts if u can (avoid the milegates and other stuff that albs like to claim) (if real bad: Zerg back and laughspam their corpses when done)

2) I never liked Status Quo. Thats music for old ppl. Im more a fan of metal.

3) Zerg comes from the game Tetris. A zerg is when u blow 5 rows of bricks at once. and u hear a sound that goes: "zzzeerg"

I will not buy this TOBACONIST´S, IT is scratched.

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

dark age of warrior alot :(

fights lasting longer would just mean more "full groups :)" would arrive on the scene before it was over

best thing to revamp daoc RvR is to play Planetside

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by hiban
13) Zerg comes from the game Tetris. A zerg is when u blow 5 rows of bricks at once. and u hear a sound that goes: "zzzeerg"

err, how can that be, when the longest block piece in Tetris is only 4 long?

Methinks you wanted a Gameboy, and your mom bought you a "500 games in a watch!" thingemy...

:fluffle: aww...

H

hiban

Oh, so we are tetris experts are we? well... As a filthy rich and spolied kid, i used to play Tetris 2000 deluxe ultra vapour action super mega, and in that one u could make rows of 5... HAH!

T

The Real Redi

so! so! I dont care!!! cos my dads 12 feet tall, and could beat up your dad!

and.... and... you smell of wee...

:p

H

hiban

Hahah! not a chance! Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries! No way one that smells of berries or fruit or flowers can beat my dad... hes an old sailor... no, miner. no, pro wrestler. no i mean... hes the best and strongest anyways, and he beats your dad... and you... and your dog...

/flex :)

O

oblivion_6

1) i am one
2) Increase the rvr realms and make them more rewarding with tasks/npc raids etc that gain u rps
3) Zerg is from starcraft were if u went the aliens u could just build 100+ zerglins and just destroy everything

kinda like the albs do only they smell more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom