I Would like To See BW HL Opposing Forces DM & Teamplay Servers

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Just to let you know that I believe HL Opposing Forces to be quite different from HL DeathMatch. The game play is much faster and with the new MODS and weapons, games are more interesting.

So, whatcha think guys? A HL Opposing Forces DM and Teamplay server would be cool don't yas think?

I'll work out a nice map rotation for the two and get back tooooo yas.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Okedoke

Map rotations:

OppForce DeathMatch (12 or 14 players):

op4_demise
op4_disposal
op4_kndyone
op4_outpost
op4_repent
op4_rubble

OppForce TeamPlay (14-16 players):

op4_bootcamp
op4_park
op4_crossfire
op4_datacore
op4_kndyone
op4_subtransit

Other possibilities for another server could include : op4_frenzy, op4_gasworks, op4_hgunpwdr, op4_kbase, op4_octolab and op4_undertow :)

Both servers should not have a time limit, but rather a frag limit ... i.e. when someone reaches 30 kills the map changes... kind of a bonus for getting 30 kills - you get to change the map to the next one in the rotation ;-)

Anyway, chew over these rotations and get back to uzzz all.

Appreciated.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Oh well, it was worth a shot ... futile getting a response from Barrysworld or TFC/HL users.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Got a response from Dr_Chris at last. So maybe we'll get a couple of Opp Force servers after all :)

O

old.Syrus_The_Virus

yeah an op4ce server would b cool, but i would really like to see a custom maps CS server..

O

old.Kez

Perhaps you ought to get a list of custom maps & get a following (people who want the same) together & present it to Chris, for unless its a wide spread wanting, I see little reason for the change as it would only suit a choice few's preferences, at the moment people seem content..

Editted bit...
Btw, have gearbox added the new weapons to the maps? or taken some of the HL ones & replaced them? coz I'll shake a fist if they replaced them, gasworks, crossfire & bootcamp are all perfect as they are, adding to it is fine, but if they moved it
wink.gif

Anyways, possibly ignore me,
Kez

[This message has been edited by Kez (edited 14 March 2000).]

O

old.Bungeyjump

Dontcha mean
"Anyway... As ever ignore me" Kez?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvviiiillllllll
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHa
*gets bored and buggers off*

O

old.Bungeyjump

*Takes pills*
*slumps over as the pills knock him out... just managing to hit the send button*

O

old.DrChris

Opps, forgot to do a progress update...

It turns out that Opposing Forces is not compatible with the dedicated server distribution of Half Life. I understand that Valve are working on this, and I've heard romours along the lines of "in the next two weeks".

DrChris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom