I wonder ...

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Sometimes i really wonder whose idea was to create nf. By creating it what he really thought that would happen. I start feding up with it since 90% of the fights are on keeps. So stupid , so boring etc.

At fist i was thinking to keep playing daoc even after the release of WoW. Now i doupt it :(

PS: Going to bed, nn. [/whine]

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Its a great idea on paper; the whole NF thing but I do agree it feels like something is missing.

For while I was sure Id quit DAOC completely, but now I think it will be pretty good to change between DAOC/WOW so both stays bit interesting.

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
Just give us a pre-nf server and we'll all be very happy :(

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
im not so sure... pre-NF RvR wasnt very new player friendly, if you werent in a FG TOA'd SC'd outfit you got your ass handed to you on a daily basis... now thanks to NF anyone can join the battle and have fun... i dont think Mythic meant DAOC OF to be about gank groups, infact i specifically remember them talking about how to curb them and make them less effective.. well i guess NF did just that... the amount of level 40+ ive taken in a group with me is now well over 90% and im seeing more and more lower level players venturing out and actually getting groups in NF.. this wasnt possible before and i think its a good thing, more players RvR'ing sooner = good for all and keeps people interested while levelling up... tbh i dont think WoW will be that good and certainly not good enough for me to leave DAOC for atleast a year yet... i cant wait for Catacombs and im certainly waiting for the next expansion after that...

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Loosey said:
im not so sure... pre-NF RvR wasnt very new player friendly, if you werent in a FG TOA'd SC'd outfit you got your ass handed to you on a daily basis... now thanks to NF anyone can join the battle and have fun... i dont think Mythic meant DAOC OF to be about gank groups, infact i specifically remember them talking about how to curb them and make them less effective.. well i guess NF did just that... the amount of level 40+ ive taken in a group with me is now well over 90% and im seeing more and more lower level players venturing out and actually getting groups in NF.. this wasnt possible before and i think its a good thing, more players RvR'ing sooner = good for all and keeps people interested while levelling up... tbh i dont think WoW will be that good and certainly not good enough for me to leave DAOC for atleast a year yet... i cant wait for Catacombs and im certainly waiting for the next expansion after that...

I assume your an alb? Cause mids can´t run around with 40+ people to be effective, unless they are hanging out at Bled bridge.

NF is good for the casual players, no doubt...but as we see the perspective into RvR, there is alot more skilled players who wanna have more action, than standing in a keep firing siege weapons.
Can´t blame em, seems desperate to sign up for a 1.65 server, but its needed for the fg vs fg people.

Tried WoW beta, and lvling and stuff is alot more different than Daoc. Besides...fun to try something new.

Tbh i hope Catacombs will be 4 years late, so noone will try out the new classes. So far the whine is strong...and characters look strange -_-

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
Sanzor said:
I assume your an alb? Cause mids can´t run around with 40+ people to be effective, unless they are hanging out at Bled bridge.

NF is good for the casual players, no doubt...but as we see the perspective into RvR, there is alot more skilled players who wanna have more action, than standing in a keep firing siege weapons.
Can´t blame em, seems desperate to sign up for a 1.65 server, but its needed for the fg vs fg people.

Tried WoW beta, and lvling and stuff is alot more different than Daoc. Besides...fun to try something new.

Tbh i hope Catacombs will be 4 years late, so noone will try out the new classes. So far the whine is strong...and characters look strange -_-

Word up

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Mithradir said:
Sometimes i really wonder whose idea was to create nf.
Doesn't matter cos nothing could beat the damage ToA did.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Javlar said:

lol , seriously the NF zones are fucking huge and with LOTS of nice open spots to have some nice fights but no no every noob had to start hitting keeps or just go were the flames are zzzz.
oh and next patch those flames are gone with smaller fights so maybe its ok again to run around w/o getting the alb zerg behind you in 10sec :eek:

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Javlar said:

Well you might be, and a few other l33t whiners who want their advantage back, but there are more people out in rvr now than in the OF days. Just need to tweakcasters back a little and give tanks a little more functionality and all is done.

Hmmm - myztic had 41 on eras 3 last night, and thats just a tower. Stop fooling yourelves. Mid/hib are very effective, its just they don't steamroller over larger numbers with small groups as easily anymore.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
NF IS BORING ....

yesterday on a tower siege there were 30 albs outside the tower using cata's and the hibs inside spaming schrooms. So u just sit there and w8 for 4-5 rangers to assist and kill u. The same goes with scouts etc.

I dont think that anyone in this world having fun like this.

The only time i have some fun is at late hours where we have some fg vs fg fights. But then i am gmt +2 so i cant do this every day :(

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
ToA really made me hate PvE (I have yet to complete my ToA template even though it has only 2 artis), but at least RvR was fun in OF. Now RvR is fubar too. It's a damn shame, because this game could have had some very good years ahead (not that I think it will die completely).

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, the strong soloer you was, I'd think you should enjoy some small groups in NF aswell :)

At least I do. In fact, that's about the only thing I enjoy nowadays, but I lub it :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if there are 40 albs on a keep I usually go somewhere else ;) you don't have to stick with the zerg unless you only want to leech of course :p

begach

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda agree here. Been around since day 1 and the least fun i ever had in this game was RvR in NF. Not sure what the design goal was tbh but it favours 2 things, range an zerg (ewo albs on both counts....no whine btw...if you have 150 ppl turn up to take a keep then 150 ppl are there. It aint like you can say erm you 100 wait here ;p).

BORING!!!!

An as far as running fg v's fg is concerned away from the keeps, i have not spent a great deal of time in the frontiers in NF (cause i think it sucks ass) so can't comment (Maybe a bard that regularly runs in NF can comment an say how this realy is in comparison). I'm getting the impression that you could run forever in NF an never meet a mofo if you stay away from the keep zerg an aren't looking to add on every fight you see on the map.

My biggest complaint however that NF helps promote all the shite we have pretty much always considered to be "bad form", which i seriously don't like.

Case point: A fight breaks out. The zerg gets a nice icon to show where the "gay add" is needed. Feckin tremendous design. That is actually fun to someone?? The icon on the map now makes it fully justified ? :)

Sorry to the guys at mythic who obviously put alot of work into frontiers, but if it aint fun then i won't pay/play. I started playing because it was a fun game. An i can care less what mythic think the game should be about. Zerg is fun for about 5 mins....then gets tired real quick. A keep take is fun for about 30 mins, which in OF is how long it actually took to take the mofo. It's no different now in the fun department but takes feckin hours to take the keep *YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN*.

I'm sure NF has some good points (better keep design an porters etc). I just think that unless they play the game on the US servers VERY differently from the eu ones they completely missed the fuckin point of what made the game "fun". Takin a bloody keep was never "fun" an never will be no matter how pwity they make the keep look ;p

An about the it's easier to get groups now part. I assume your an alb which with your population yes that may be true. In hib it got harder not easier. As population decreased the chance of getting a group in DL decreased. Last night there seemed to be 1 or 2 decent RR fg's at DL and a few randoms floating about with no chance in hell, even for a 50, of getting a group. In hib it got worse not better, we don't have the ppl to fill a group with 40+ players an just join the zerg (no /whine, just the truth) ;)

Anyway gonna join the FoTM club an make a ranger see if it improves. If it sucks i'm outta here because upto now the game i enjoyed playing is well an truly gone!

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom