I wonder

H

hotrat

If a spiritmaster had been given a 1:10 min 1850 range ae mezz in their Suppression line instead of the pbae.
Put the Pbae into the Summoning line (with the damage shield, like chanters).
Then remove the gimp ae mezz from the darkness line and put ae disease there instead.
Now remove the ae mezz from the pac line, healer would still get all the other pac spells (still not as gimped as smite line ! ).
hmm then remove ae disease from the shaman cave line but improve their mending line by adding a spec group heal and a decent single target heal.

So now if mids want the good ae mezz they need to have 1 cloth caster (who would also provide a low level ae disease). One of the mend healers would spec half pac to get the pot, and the shaman would prolly go aug/mend.

Well just an idea I had while playing my SM and noticing how similar it is to a sorc, ST mezz, ae str/con debuff, ST debuffs, ST root, a weak ranged nuke, a pet etc.

The intercepting pet would be damn powerful, but then mids don't have SoS or BoF to help keep the SM alive, also the pet is easily mezzed.

Anyway just a thought that is never gonna happen.

After nerfing so many classes I'm bound to get flamed :D

I

Ilur_oom

well ratzy... u will get flamed but it would be very nice to see a balanced mid having to run with one cloth user and having to protect him, rezz etc...
But tbh that's not mythic point of view to the word "balance"

tbh i would be happy with repairing the savage 4hit rate and shammys getting a "at least" 1 min timer on insta aoe desease.

H

hotrat

Yer I took a big risk posting this I know :)

Anyway after 1.65 I look at SM and with the DS nerf, and the improvements to other classes with lifetap the darkness line has been nerfed as well.

Its about time they beefed up the entire class so we can start seeing mid casters out in the field again :)

A

Arnor

gimme a mezz reduction chant/buff too, and you've got yerself a deal :)

edit: and aoe-root

H

hotrat

mezz reduction I can give you if you take away pac healer insta ae stun :)

ae root, ae disease and ae mezz all on one class! leave the rooting to the shaman, you still got your ST root which tbh I use a lot more on my sorc than the ae one. Ae root on a det 5 tank is free root immunity :(

P

Puppetmistress

Main-CC on a perma-pet class with insane intercept?

Would also give Hibs a too easy game with STT on a mentalist versus Mid CC class.

P

parzi

nerfnerfQQnerfnerfQQ

ppl would whine more about sm's then, after 1,65 resist changes + savage nerfs they will cry about them anyway...

P

peder

read hotrat
midgarders have healer for cc
dont need weak spiritaster forthat

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Main-CC on a perma-pet class with insane intercept?

Would also give Hibs a too easy game with STT on a mentalist versus Mid CC class.
95% of the time albs main cc class runs with a pet, not really had much of a problem with STT myself :)

Yes I know healer has cc and this is entirely the problem, hence removing some of it from healer and giving it to SM.

I very much doubt mid pbae groups will become that popular, even in 1.65, as they are so weak if they lose the mezz battle, we shall see though.

X

Xandax

Yeah - will be way fun to play a healer with only mending and a gimped augmentation line .... heh. The one class in the game that have no (real) offensive capability and whines continue like ever.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Xandax
The one class in the game that have no (real) offensive capability and whines continue like ever.

Sorc? Bard? Druid? Cleric?....

H

hotrat

Yeah - will be way fun to play a healer with only mending and a gimped augmentation line .... heh. The one class in the game that have no (real) offensive capability and whines continue like ever.
As I said already healer aug and cleric aug are almost identical (given that you have buffbots), hardly fun to buff people up anyway, just roll a buffbot if you wanna do that.
The Pac line would still be 10 times better than the cleric smite line. Also yes a cleric can do damage but its never the reason why I have them in my groups.

O

old.Nol

WTF ARE YOU SMOKING MAN!?

trying to balance the game...I mean, sheesh...

T

tildson

If they had put the sorc's mezzing-line in cleric's smiting line from the start, it might could've turned into an instamez.

But i dont think Mythic ever will change the spells hugely like that :(

R

Rg.Roller

somehow i think not im afraid the RA's of both hib and alb outweigh your ideas on the new cc for mid, although it is interesting. I spend most of the day chasing ya, bof and sos dotn help they are just nasty.....

Bards insta pbaoe while casting the AE will interupt the sm unless qc'ing and mezz the intercept pet. Even if sm mezz lands guess its time to grp purge eh and insta. Interesting though :D

B

balthus

Lol yeah lets moan about a char that cant fight its way outa wet paperbag,i mean sheesh come on getting bored of whines about healers,i think its only cause u all bored of whining about SB's (Oh look got nerfed),Zerkers(Oh look,got nerfed),Savages (Oh look gonna get nerfed),Bonedancers,Hunters,SM's,did I miss any out?
If you dont like the game dont go out into RvR,simple.

B

Begach

Originally posted by balthus

Lol yeah lets moan about a char that cant fight its way outa wet paperbag,i mean sheesh come on getting bored of whines about healers,i think its only cause u all bored of whining about SB's (Oh look got nerfed),Zerkers(Oh look,got nerfed),Savages (Oh look gonna get nerfed),Bonedancers,Hunters,SM's,did I miss any out?

Balthus-41 Hunter
Callisto-27 Healer
Drazar-24 SB
Graak-19 Warrior
Renshai-18 Enchanter (Pry)
Jurikii-21 NS (Pry)
Spike-21 Bard (Pry)
Gabbi-16 Eld (Pry)

Not to be an asshole here mate but where is your basis for comparison? When was the last time you where in emain up against 3 healers all with PR, a shammie farting for all he's worth and 3 savages??

Delusional imo

B.

B

balthus

Well also not wanting to be an asshole ive been been out in emain the past 3-4 days with my guild grps,7 lvl 50's and me.The grps were usually made up of 2healers,2 shammies,1skald then mixed tanks but mainly shield warriors or savages.
Now this is a very nice solid grp,yes all agree?
Well it was worth poo when alb mincers are stealthed up waiting 4 u and mezz the whole grp then call the rest of his grp to fire wizzy us to death.Or the same thing but bards mezz the grp for a bout 3 hrs while the elds/enchs pbaoe the whoe grp in 3 nukes.
Now dont get me wrong i aint whining or anything,fair play they are using the chars properly and how they sposed to be,BUT,can our healers stealth up and hide waiting for pp to mezz,nope,can they spec in a weapon line like battlebards and mezz and fight,nope.To make up for this the healers heal very well,mezz very well,imo fair trade for being unable to jack poo else.Could be wrong,i stand corrected if i am :)

V

vintervargen

^ try rvr in different realms before you 'know' what is best.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Rg.Roller
somehow i think not im afraid the RA's of both hib and alb outweigh your ideas on the new cc for mid, although it is interesting. I spend most of the day chasing ya, bof and sos dotn help they are just nasty.....

Bards insta pbaoe while casting the AE will interupt the sm unless qc'ing and mezz the intercept pet. Even if sm mezz lands guess its time to grp purge eh and insta. Interesting though :D

bards insta pbaoe?

I

infernalwrath

yes and cleric has a stlong offensive base dd to hit for 100 dmg :rolleyes:.... get a clue . Dr00ds has to spec to get a dot orelse they got none other offensive spell
aug/mend healer is similar to rejuv/ench cleric and to some ppl ITS FUN TO HEAL

K

kirennia

Originally posted by balthus

right, so you are saying that offense is the only thing important and because they have no offense, we shouldn't complain about them.

Okay, I want a new class that can heal like a cleric, has pbt, top buffs, insta mezz, insta stun, insta root, insta snare, amnesia, nearsight, Speedsong 5, plate, SoS, BoF, BAoD, PR, grp purge BUT it doesn't matter cause no1 can complain because that class hasn't got any offense.

:rolleyes:

As for all the nerfs, Clerics got heavily nerfed, Sorcs got nerfed at one point, Scouts got heavily nerfed throughout the days, necromancers, cabalists, etc etc. So don't preach saying mids are the only ones who got nerfed ever.

As for SBs, they won 9/10 fights b4 nerf, but got nerfed too hard
Zerkers, needed a nerf as they were outhitting all classes in the game by a LONG shot, now they hit for similar amount as a mercenary, albs STRONGEST tank.
Savages, outdmg alb tanks 2 to 1. I mean ffs, your own realm mates say they are overpowered and 2 savages > 3 mercs so why can't you see it.
As for healers, well just compare them to clerics. Clerics are better for standing at apk and healers >>>> clerics in open RvR. Great, fantastic, lovely. Wish they would give alb more classes that make infs more overpowered but bring less to a group then the mid counterparts.
Ooh yeah, and as for people saying clerics have offense.......HA!
Ok, lets go and nuke the enemies for 150 damage on a 3 second recast timer 1!!111!!!!!! OMFG OVERPWOERDDEE`1!1!1/!!!!FFS OMG IRL OSV.

Note:Under no circumstance would I endorse a character such as that stated in the first few paragraphs of this post, before I get the 12 year olds thinking I was being serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom