O

old.D0LLySh33p

Peeps used the BW servers...

Bleeding tons of em...

:(

C

Ch3tan

<pimp>

Community CS game on the preview server at 8pm tonight, all welcome. Don't forget.

</pimp>

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I'll be there for a bit :)

Might be going out later though :(

Wait a minute...

I'm going out...

:D

K

kameleon

Well I went to it, was fun. Except for the chateau map

Give Meg his admin pass ffs!!!

S

S-Gray

yeah game lasted longer than i thought... good few entertaining maps. But Piranesi killed it for me tbh :p

L

leggy

Originally posted by kameleon
Except for the chateau map

CS heathens. Chateau is one of the best official maps. It is really CT biased unless you have a good T team to rush bs A.

Not having a go mate, but it seems everyone is too fixed in their ways to play and enjoy it. i.e.:

"omg, vote aztec, dust, dust 2, nuke"

It doesn't surprise me that the majority of CS players are dull as BBC news 24.

D

Debaser

Originally posted by S-Gray
yeah game lasted longer than i thought... good few entertaining maps. But Piranesi killed it for me tbh :p

Oh I love Piranesi!... and I bloomin' missed it last night :(

Originally posted by leggy
CS heathens. Chateau is one of the best official maps. It is really CT biased unless you have a good T team to rush bs A.

Not having a go mate, but it seems everyone is too fixed in their ways to play and enjoy it. i.e.:

Speaking as a new cs type person, maps such as Chateau, Torn and Havana (and even one of my fav maps Piranesi) arent as easy to learn as the more obvious favourites like Aztec, Dust.. etc, so people do tend to run around like headless chickens until the more experienced players show up and pop em off.

Which, tbh, is no fun for either the newbs or CS vets :/

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by leggy

It doesn't surprise me that the majority of CS players are dull as BBC news 24.

Agreed. My only disagreement is they won't even vote nuke, its just aztec dust and dust 2. It will be the death of this game, just like DM1 was for q2 in many ways.
Play different maps for gods sake :/ On our clan server if its empty, or theres just like 3 or 4 of us on there, I find the best thing to do is put on dust, its like a noob-attractor :)
Chateau isnt my favourite to be honest, but it wouldnt stop me playing it. Storm is another top map, but you just get oh i dont know this map bleat bleat, put something else on.
So I say , what ? What do you want on ? Silence. They just leave, then search ASE for a server running Aztec.
*Despair*

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by throdgrain
Agreed. My only disagreement is they won't even vote nuke, its just aztec dust and dust 2. It will be the death of this game, just like DM1 was for q2 in many ways.
Play different maps for gods sake :/ On our clan server if its empty, or theres just like 3 or 4 of us on there, I find the best thing to do is put on dust, its like a noob-attractor :)
Chateau isnt my favourite to be honest, but it wouldnt stop me playing it. Storm is another top map, but you just get oh i dont know this map bleat bleat, put something else on.
So I say , what ? What do you want on ? Silence. They just leave, then search ASE for a server running Aztec.
*Despair*

Had a lot of fun on the KEA server yesterday m8.

Funny thing is, me ping was stable (dont know if thats a side effect from 1.6, but it certainly was a lot more stable than in 1.5)

Had to laugh tho; the guy from PIMP clan telling me my ping sucked - and he finished the map 3-12 or something :lol:

T

throdgrain

The PIMP chaps are ok, that guy was a new one though, no doubt he will get used to how things are.

C

Ch3tan

You need a wide choice of maps to attract different types of player. I got asked to change the map from Piranesi last night, I didn't because not everyone agreed -this is what voting is for. I do agree that maps need a faster turn around though, and to this end have requested that the timelimit is changed from 30 to 20 minutes.

For my part, I enjoy the more obscure maps as much as the "popular" ones. The problem is that mnay of the larger maps are quite laggy -storm, torn piranesi and chateau all suffer this.

L

~Lazarus~

The PIMP chaps are ok, that guy was a new one though, no doubt he will get used to how things are.

Yeah - thot he was a bit out of order, but let it slide. Didnt want to get into a slanging match.

Made me feel better looking at his score tho :lol:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

There is only one true map.

And that is...

foption.

L

leggy

The funny thing is ch3ts. Chateau was only ever really laggy on the old barrysworld servers. In the run up to me not playing CS anymore I was playing chateau alot on a 20 man server. Not an ounce of lag to be felt.

T

throdgrain

Now you dont play any games any more, just spend all day posting on a gaming website you madman ... ;)

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by kameleon
Give Meg his admin pass ffs!!!
^ tbh

Oh and as for Piranesi, there is nothing wrong with the map. However when you watch people start bailing off the server because the game is becoming stale because of the map, then it needs changing tbh.

Majority > Minority

- NOT -

Majority > Minority + concent given by each member of minority that Majority can be deemed the Majority and thus be seen and act as the Majority

Which is frankly what happens. People will play on the servers if they're fun. I doubt anyone who is a "GAME.net newcomer" will ever get the chance to have some serious fun like back in the old days (low grav ceiling gunfights at 2am in the morning on arabstreets anyone?) tbh. Which I feel is actually a shame for them, not in some "it was better in the old days" way, but in a "why should they miss out on the fun" way.

(tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh <- hopefully that'll get it out of my system for a bit, tbh)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

G threatened to hurt me in real life last night.

BA!!!!!!N

A

-adz-

Chateau is still laggy, 1.6 made sure of that.

bring back foption, and highrise is actually hilarious with its lame ropes :D

Arabstreets is a nice simple fun map, with the regenerating box :)

C

Ch3tan

Foption and arabstreets can be arranged -not sure about ont he preview, although Steam makes d/ling a map from the server much, much faster.

L

leggy

Now you dont play any games any more, just spend all day posting on a gaming website you madman ... ;)

I don't spend that long :) .. I do actually have work to do occasionally. I will say it again though, Chateau is not fucking laggy on a good server.

T

throdgrain

:D i agree, though it was hopeless on the old pre-sub BW servers :(

A

-adz-

I still haven't had the "pleasure" of finding a non-laggy chateau server. Cant stand it anyway, so give a sh** ;O

Users who are viewing this thread