I was wondering about banned accounts...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a cottage next to mine (INGAME YES) that belongs to a player has has been banned ages ago (no not calling any names).
When you check his CM you can see that he is selling and must have sold a shitload of quite expensive items, so his CM will probably contain a large amount of money...

So i was wondering, although the player is banned is this ghost house gonna stay here forever even tho the owners account has been permawtfpwned out of the game? :rolleyes: (8+ years could be considered forever in daoc terms)

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Thee house will stay aslong as sufficient money exists on the CM (or lockbox) to pay for it, or until the account is deleted.

As the account is banned and not deleted - looks like it will be there for ages (IMO rightnow it - see if they can force a sale if you want the lot)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The house will stay there until the CM runs out of cash to pay the rent. We won't force delete a house.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Zenythe said:
The house will stay there until the CM runs out of cash to pay the rent. We won't force delete a house.
thats a bit shit, the person obviously cant get it back, just destroy it and put the plot on the market.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm judging from the sales ive seen on that merchant it will probably have at least a few P's on it, and since the rent of a cottage is 20g a week that means its 1040g each year, will have to wait a few years then i guess T_T

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
There is another alternative. Perhaps the banned account has given another person or another acc of his full permissions prior to being banned.

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
You can only leave 4 weeks of rent in your lockbox so the maximum time for that house to stick around is another month then you have yourself a shiny, new, vacant lot.

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Kjel said:
You can only leave 4 weeks of rent in your lockbox so the maximum time for that house to stick around is another month then you have yourself a shiny, new, vacant lot.

if there's money on the CM, the house will get the money from that when the lockbox is empty...

so if he has 2p on his CM, it would mean 100 weeks of the house staying there....and we all know that's almost 2year :p

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Hey,

Heres the story....

I'm mates with this person, and he has emailed rightnow about it (a few weeks ago) saying how is it still there etc? and mainly because I said I wanted the house! :)

However, they politely told him to go fuck himself, saying they cannot help him because his account was banned.

They also said that money is taken from the CM to pay the rent, now I remember he had Sidi glowers on there which no longer exist.....my guess that there is 6P+or so on the CM.

So thats a lot of time until the house is deleted.... nice work GoA.

And considering that I payed for most of that house, GoA should at least give my money back because I cannot access the CM or Vaults or anything....

Sucky bastards.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
And considering that I payed for most of that house, GoA should at least give my money back because I cannot access the CM or Vaults or anything....

Sucky bastards.

or your friend shouldnt have gotten himself banned?

Allthough I agree that it is abit stupid to not delete the house though.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I'm kinda pissed about almost the same thing. My char Mytsharp got delete like a month ago and I had the house on him. The lockbox was full and the CM was almost full of scrolls and artifacts and loads of money. So the house just stands there forever. I even went to a market explorer to look for some stuff for my bg infil, and I actually found the stuff on my CM.. it still listed! :D
Anyway, the bad thing about this is that I can't get a new house and I can't get the lot I had. :(

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
or your friend shouldnt have gotten himself banned?

Allthough I agree that it is abit stupid to not delete the house though.
Or my friend did nothing wrong, won't go into it again , im sure you have heard it enough times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom