I want one!

Chilly

Balls of steel
isnt that the one installed at the factory for emegency shutdown of "derranged" products sissy?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Similar but not the same. The one I have on my desk served a much more useful purpose:

Boss: "Sissy, can you go through the files we have on one of our clients to see when we redesigned his company structure? It might take several hours but try to get it done in one!"
~flips switch~
Me: "Don't...make...me...press...the...big...red...button!!!"
Boss: "Fine, I'll find someone else to do it! Sheesh!"

I don't think I have done any work in the last 7 weeks since I got the big red button'o'doom box! :D

...I wonder what it actually does? I may have to press it one day.

Chilly

Balls of steel
if I see the smoke from here (oxford) i'll buy you a pint (and pour it on your grave) if you press it.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Er, you may want to move to Glasgow if I do decide to press it. If you stay in Oxford you won't see any smoke, just a blinding white flash and a slight tingly sensation as your skin, muscle and bone are all reduced to ash. :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well then you won't push it will you? because if I die, you don't get the pint!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...catch 22. I just hope my boss doesn't read this forum because then I'm screwed.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Any idea why its called catch 22?

Why not catch 99 or somthing??

Does it have anything to do with two little ducks??

Am I safe in norfolk??? or should I get the tin foil and collander and hide under the stairs???

I need answers!! <sobs>

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing it is from the book Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. But then you have to wonder, which came first - the phrase or the book? Oooo!

I guess it must have been the phrase because without it there couldn't have been a book but without the book it wouldn't have become a popular phrase unless it was already a popular phrase to begin with. Oook, too much caffeine. :eek7:

/edit Better get out the collander just to be safe. And wrap tin foil around your feet to keep out the mutant cockaroachios!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Sissyfoo said:
I'm guessing it is from the book Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. But then you have to wonder, which came first - the phrase or the book? Oooo!

I guess it must have been the phrase because without it there couldn't have been a book but without the book it wouldn't have become a popular phrase unless it was already a popular phrase to begin with. Oook, too much caffeine. :eek7:

/edit Better get out the collander just to be safe. And wrap tin foil around your feet to keep out the mutant cockaroachios!

but what if they have can openers?? :eek6: we're doomed!

atleast it didnt have anything to with 2 little ducks, was kinda worried there, I have bingo-a-phobia, its a fear of.. well i spose you can guess :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I used to have a big red button painted on my bedroom wall. When people touched it they were dragged into a vortex.

True Story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom