I Want One

Damini

Part of the furniture
http://www.fogscreen.com/

How awesome is that?

Also, physics buffs here, I've seen an advert on tv for this lazer straight line DIY tool you can buy for about £15. Its a glorified spirit level really, but apparently the lazer light will guide around corners. I can't wrap my head round that at all. How can a light beam bend round corners? Someone please enlighten me.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
My Dad has a pro one :p The way his works is that the laser is spun round. Haven't seen this one so I wouldn't know how it works.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My Dad has a big cock !

(Must be a recessive gene though :()

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:
Also, physics buffs here, I've seen an advert on tv for this lazer straight line DIY tool you can buy for about £15. Its a glorified spirit level really, but apparently the lazer light will guide around corners. I can't wrap my head round that at all. How can a light beam bend round corners? Someone please enlighten me.
Unless you set up a mirror, or it bends space-time it can't. :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
In theory, if the air pressure varied, the light would indeed be refracted, and change direction.

Not by much though. In fact, possibly undetectably.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It is not bent in mid air.

It is not actually bent at all. It is guided around inside corners.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Relevant to this thread sort of...

This was taken from Bluesnews but very very cool

Holographic TV / Dsiplay

Only 19K now for these early ones, as the article says these could end up being the replacement for TV's as we have them now.

Chilly

Balls of steel
it could be deracted around the corner, but you wouldnt be able to set it up for 90o diffraction in a domestic situation - probably not in any situation tbh.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It's a rotary laser. Which gives the impression of a solid line. It is effectively projecting a line onto a wall. So it really isn't technically bending around corners. It just looks like it.

pls360.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
if they make a fogtv with a flat projection base and a very high DPI / rez / whatever then I seriously want one :D

edit: the price!! ye gods!!

Chilly

Balls of steel
ah i get it, you stick it in the centre of the room and turn it on and it projects a line all the way around it? no cunning cheating of newtons laws or anything, how clever.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I produced a corporate video a few years back with a device that scans entire rooms. It was a tripod, with a vertically upward pointing laser, and a mirror that spun around over the top of the laser. Give it a while, and it would scan the entire room, and then convert that information into a CAD diagram. Obviously it needed a scan from various parts of the room, but it was still bloody cool.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Tom said:
I produced a corporate video a few years back with a device that scans entire rooms. It was a tripod, with a vertically upward pointing laser, and a mirror that spun around over the top of the laser. Give it a while, and it would scan the entire room, and then convert that information into a CAD diagram. Obviously it needed a scan from various parts of the room, but it was still bloody cool.
uber, bet that cost a fukin fortune tho?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:
It's a rotary laser. Which gives the impression of a solid line. It is effectively projecting a line onto a wall. So it really isn't technically bending around corners. It just looks like it.

pls360.jpg
Cunning indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom