I want one of these

G

Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition 256MB

I cant find anywhere that sells them, they prolly aint even out yet, i have saved some penny's and i need a new motherboard and a cpu as well, oh, and a power supply, i need thoughts on what i should get. I was thinking on getting a 3.2 P4 and 1 gig of ram, whats the best place to look.

I really want this gfx card and aint bothered about the price coz i dont intend getting another one for about 2 years. If it can handle Doom3 then im ok coz all the next level of games are gunna be using the Doom3 engine.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I fear Doom3 and HL2 are going to force me to upgrade. I've had my current poota, a Barton 2800/1gb ram/radeon 9700pro, for over a year now and managed to elude the get-noo-stuff urge. I too am slightly unsure what to get, and I'm even thinking of going back to Intel (erk aargh ooh) after four consecutive AMD based upgrades (athlon 900, athlon 1800, athlon 2200 before the Barton chip)
As to gfx, I'm not pleased either because I don't really want to go full blast and get the top range card in user land. It's nice though, to see what the new stuff can do, but I phear the silly prices. the non-platinum edition of the card brooky mentions is going for about 570eur here in holland oO (but iirc I bought my gf4 4600 thingy for 580 once apon a time heh). oh well, I'm sure I'll see what happens ;)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I also fear...well kinda know i'm gonna need an upgrade for Doom 3 and HL2, they'll run fine i'm sure with medium to low settings but i'm one of these stupid muppets that needs everything on full to fully enjoy it...i know it's silly but i cant help meself!

Problem is i've just finished uni with a maxed overdraft and £10k debt to the loans company. :mad: However if i get in 'teh industry' i'm sure they'll help me out with a sparkly wage and a sexeh pc :(

G

Swift^ said:
Get someone to steal it for you and buy it at 100 times retail value.

Shut the fuck up you utter fucktard (TM)

NEXT!

G

I know what you are on about so stop being a retard, you are only showing everyone you're true fucktardednes (if that's a word)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I dont think the platinum cards are out yet. But you can pre-order this one from overclockers:

Club3D ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Simple solution to the upgrade problem where Doom 3 is concerned. Wait 6 months, buy a 2nd hand Xbox for less than £100 and away you go.

Of course. I too will be upgrading my PC for Doom3 and Half 2. This is just a suggestion for poor student types.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd rather spend the money on coke and two whores licking it off my bell end.

As you do.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
brooky said:
I know what you are on about so stop being a retard, you are only showing everyone you're true fucktardednes (if that's a word)

Get all the anger out, vent it out. You'll feel a grand lighter after.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Whipped said:
Simple solution to the upgrade problem where Doom 3 is concerned. Wait 6 months, buy a 2nd hand Xbox for less than £100 and away you go.

Of course. I too will be upgrading my PC for Doom3 and Half 2. This is just a suggestion for poor student types.

We have student loans for those kinds of expenses

:D

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I use my computer for my course so I feel entirely justified splurging my overdraft on a new gfx card. And monitor. And hard drive. And memory...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Hmm, my 9800 Pro is dying so I will need a new card too. I'm thinking more the X800 Pro than XT at the moment: ~£80 cheaper for about 10 fps less but with the scope to get close (or the same speed in the case of the HIS Excalibur) to XT speeds with an overclock.

G

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Shuttle's released an athlon64 sff box with a new heat pipe and other nice things. dunno what the price is though.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Clown said:
I have no nerves!
do you have wings that act like a shield of steel?

Loki

Regular Freddie
Gonna order me a

ASUS Radeon AX800 XT/TVD Platinum Edition***

tomorrow

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
TdC said:
Shuttle's released an athlon64 sff box with a new heat pipe and other nice things. dunno what the price is though.
New intel systems with the new heatpipes too it seems, and a new case design with more room for drives.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I'm getting the card mentioned at the start for £170.

Mwhahahaha :)

S'not what you know, it's who ;)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I could probably get someone to steal me stuff. I could get this stuff for free. Does this mean I rock?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's not free, it's 100 times retail value after theft Clown.

Noob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom