I want one...Now!!

L

L_Plates

we can all dream.

But tbh all the monit is good for is gaming :/

Trying to do any design on that thing is probably impossible.

X

xane

I like the "widescreen" displays :clap:

I can't understand whay they don't gear screens towards the much nicer looking "golden ratio" (1.618:1), this can nearly be achieved by taking the traditional screen dimensions and "shifting" one of them.

For example, we have the traditional:

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x960

all are approximately 1.333:1 ratios, instead make them:

800x480
1024x600
1280x768

and you get 1.666:1 ratios which is closer to the golden ratio.

The traditional widescreen format from TV is 16:9 or 1.777:1, not far off these figures either.

L

L_Plates

1600 x 1200 i use shame my GFX card wont do any higher :(

D

Damini

I give it an hour max before someone comes on here and tells us they have that monitor and computer, shows photos, links, tells us how great it is and and generally penis extensions it up.

OR tells us why that computer isn't up to scratch and theirs is better :)

*Glances at watch*

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by Damini
I give it an hour max before someone comes on here and tells us they have that monitor and computer, shows photos, links, tells us how great it is and and generally penis extensions it up.

OR tells us why that computer isn't up to scratch and theirs is better :)

*Glances at watch*

I only wish I could... I certainly wouldn't say no to one of those monitors, not that I've got anywhere to put it in my Student Shoebox though.

R

Rubber Bullets

Originally posted by L_Plates
we can all dream.

But tbh all the monit is good for is gaming :/

Trying to do any design on that thing is probably impossible.

I'd say that is completely wrong. Only a few games use multiple monitors, and some don't seem to work at all with them. I can't get SoFII to run smoothly since I installed my second screen, not that I've tried too hard.

On the other hand having extra screen space is extremely useful for having design type apps on. Photoshop for instance can have the image full screen on one monitor and all the tools and palettes on another. Dreamweaver with bigger tool bars etc benefits even more.

All this and you could have your browser, and IRC window open on the third monitor. It would indeed be wondrous, but at a price.

(would be difficult to use 5 screens fully, but no doubt people'd find a way)

RB

G

Gef

I have one of those, but the next model up .. chicks dig it! .. um

S

Sharma

Fuck me that's a laptop?

And the screens you can "buy" 92" only $17499.99.

Thats not buying, thats called Raping your wallet for the next 50 years. :eek:

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Rubber Bullets
I'd say that is completely wrong. Only a few games use multiple monitors, and some don't seem to work at all with them. I can't get SoFII to run smoothly since I installed my second screen, not that I've tried too hard.

On the other hand having extra screen space is extremely useful for having design type apps on. Photoshop for instance can have the image full screen on one monitor and all the tools and palettes on another. Dreamweaver with bigger tool bars etc benefits even more.

All this and you could have your browser, and IRC window open on the third monitor. It would indeed be wondrous, but at a price.

(would be difficult to use 5 screens fully, but no doubt people'd find a way)

RB

It is best to have the standard dimensions for design not that hidious thing in the picture. You would only see half of what you was working on.

D

dysfunction

The weird thing is their Laptops are cheaper than their desktops!!

X

Xtro 2.0

For the money you'd spend on one of those monitors I could get through a truckload of whores like a hot knife goes through butter and come out the other side sore, bleeding and smiling.

S

sad_mung

IK've decided I want one of those 92" monitors for my office..
I'll have to leave the door open though as it's wider than any dimension in the room.

K

kameleon

Warranty and service One-year DeLuxe Warranty (1)
Up to three year Premium Extended Enterprise Warranty

if you are spending $18,000 on a monitor setup they should throw in a 5 year guarantee for free

R

Rubber Bullets

Originally posted by L_Plates
It is best to have the standard dimensions for design not that hidious thing in the picture. You would only see half of what you was working on.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. A lot of people use multiple monitors for design work, and this is just an extension of that idea. For instance this is my desktop with an image fully opened on the left screen and palettes, browser and irc on the right. There is a step in mine due to having different size monitors at different resolutions. This wouldn't happen with the one showed above.

RB

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Rubber Bullets
I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. A lot of people use multiple monitors for design work, and this is just an extension of that idea. For instance this is my desktop with an image fully opened on the left screen and palettes, browser and irc on the right. There is a step in mine due to having different size monitors at different resolutions. This wouldn't happen with the one showed above.

RB

Meaning if you have one monitor or Two

I would still prefer the normal screens compared to the widescreen ones.

But i understand everyone is different :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom