I want my money back

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
We gave access to Gorre to every active ToA account from the 12th of October at 6.00 PM. If you have created an account after this date, it won't be identified by the server, as well as the inactive accounts (which are not registered any more). Unfortunately, these accounts won't be able to access the beta test.

I re activated my account this afternoon just for the NF beta test. WHY CAN'T I PLAY THE BETA ????
Why was there nothing about this point in the last friday news ? :puke:
I want my 12€ back.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
QQ, it's a beta test, not a free-for-all play NF for fun thing.
You pay for access to the live servers, any test server access is a free bonus.

So you'll be wanting your €0 back then? :p

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure that GOA was aware of this issue for a long time and didn't tell anything in their friday news points just to get more cash. There are many people like me.
At least they could make something for all their customers and enable the access for everybody!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
It's no wonder GOA rarely do public betas with this sort of reaction tbh. :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:

No point calling it a "public" or "open" beta test when it isn't availible for every paying customer. Could as well be called a closed beta test cause that's what it is right now. They had to announce this in advance so people who wanted to participate in the beta could reactivate their account before the 12th of october so they could get in the database. Shame they didn't do that, never wrote anything bad about GOA so far but they lost my sympathy because of this.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Thegreatest said:
No point calling it a "public" or "open" beta test when it isn't availible for every paying customer. Could as well be called a closed beta test cause that's what it is right now. They had to announce this in advance so people who wanted to participate in the beta could reactivate their account before the 12th of october so they could get in the database. Shame they didn't do that, never wrote anything bad about GOA so far but they lost my sympathy because of this.
Didn't announce it anywhere? Not even the Friday News where we announced ahead of time that the beta would be starting 'in the 'next few days'?

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Didn't announce it anywhere? Not even the Friday News where we announced ahead of time that the beta would be starting 'in the 'next few days'?

It wasn't announced that people whose account is closed after October 12th wouldn't be able to access to the Beta Test! We are the 14th of October.

I waited the news about the Open Beta (yesterday) and I resubscribed this morning just before the opening of Gorre. Why would I pay the beginning of this week if I know it isn't open yet ?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

You're right, you did announce that the beta would start in a few days. But who would even think 1 second that people who haven't activated their account before the beta starts can't participate in it? I'm missing an announcement in the form of "Keep in mind that you can't participate in the beta test if your account isn't active a few days before the beta test starts!". It wouldn't be that hard to tell people they won't get in the database if their account isn't active, would it?

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Since the purpose of a beta test is usually to aid the company in ironing out bugs and in playtesting, not for the general gratification of the expansion-keen players, I guess that prioritising those people who actively play at the moment and use the product, over those who may or may not have left the game and may or may not come back when NF is live, would seem sensible.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mairghead said:
Since the purpose of a beta test is usually to aid the company in ironing out bugs and in playtesting, not for the general gratification of the expansion-keen players, I guess that prioritising those people who actively play at the moment and use the product, over those who may or may not have left the game and may or may not come back when NF is live, would seem sensible.

Or maybe as NF uses its own authentication and patch server they just did a dump of the user base.. that would have been more sensible.. and what i would have done at work :)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Tears said:
Or maybe as NF uses its own authentication and patch server they just did a dump of the user base.. that would have been more sensible.. and what i would have done at work :)

that is exactly what happened. The Gorre character database and the live server character database are completely separate (which is incidently why you won't get /level on other servers even though you have a 50 on Gorre).

There will most definately be numerous server restarts over the next few days, I'll see if there's a way we can update the char database for accounts that have been opened today (fyi we also did a char db dump early this morning) during those downtimes. These kinds of decisions don't depend on me or the GMs who post here though.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok that's great to hear that at least you want to do something about it (or consider wether you want to do something about it or not :p). Now the sub pages left, if they were working for me my day would be fine...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
There will most definately be numerous server restarts over the next few days, I'll see if there's a way we can update the char database for accounts that have been opened today (fyi we also did a char db dump early this morning) during those downtimes. These kinds of decisions don't depend on me or the GMs who post here though.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:

Yep. I have never ever seen such a whining bunch of babies as the people crying about this, about the 1500 limit, and about just about everything else. It's like suddenly you're back at nursery and lots of kids of crying because not everyone can play with the lego.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Yep. I have never ever seen such a whining bunch of babies as the people crying about this, about the 1500 limit, and about just about everything else. It's like suddenly you're back at nursery and lots of kids of crying because not everyone can play with the lego.
<Hires a JCB to scoop up all the toys that have been thrown from prams today> ;)

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Nice respons from the GOA team. Your getting the hang of the costumer service thingy =D ( this is not meant sarcasticly).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Costume service... interesting :)

Requiel and Zenythe dressed up in medieval costumes with swords and chainmail?

nah, can't see it myself.

(yeah yeah I know you meant customer service - just an excuse for a cheap joke :p)

Solabar

Fledgling Freddie
"Requiel and Zenythe dressed up in medieval costumes with swords and chainmail?

nah, can't see it myself."

I can :flame:

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Costume service... interesting :)

Requiel and Zenythe dressed up in medieval costumes with swords and chainmail?

nah, can't see it myself.

Nice idea. Wouldn't that be a nice idea for an advertising campaign?

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
I re activated my account this afternoon just for the NF beta test. WHY CAN'T I PLAY THE BETA ????
Why was there nothing about this point in the last friday news ? :puke:
I want my 12€ back.

:fluffle:

Feel sorry for you m8, you really got ripped off! 12€ is heavy cash RL for your average unemployed daoc-player.

But tell you what, stock up on the pasta a few weeks and your economy should bounce right back.

hrorvaig

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nice if you could update it sometime during the beta, had to renew my account because i didnt have any money on the bankaccount i use for daoc, and it looks like i did it just at the wrong time...

I had some problems getting to play even on the regular servers after the renewal, so after contacting the people handling subscriptions it worked after awhile. But after that when i have asked them why i cant participate on the NF-beta on Gorre they havent had any real answers at all, so either they dont seem to know or theyve misunderstood me every single time..

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i can /level a character on gorre and have to agree i would rather people who activly payed and played the game be given the option that the peeps who have sat for 3 months on an inactive account.

Dont worry about it i suspect its going to go live in a few weeks anyways so then you can go toy hunting :D

btw its really really really fun (when you get past all the whiners )

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Or you can do it like me and dont even bother to try and connect to Gorre as I am sure there are enough ppl there allready testing it. ;)

Patience is a virtue and I will get my chance to try NF when it hits the live servers. :D

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
o FFS thats why it keeps saying my accounts closed, ffs GOA that sucks balls, :(

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmen said:
Or you can do it like me and dont even bother to try and connect to Gorre as I am sure there are enough ppl there allready testing it. ;)

Patience is a virtue and I will get my chance to try NF when it hits the live servers. :D

agreed, doing beta is like opening your christmas prezzies early :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Can Requiel or Erivoss give an update about wether the customers activated after NF beta started are gonna get a chance to test or not? Few posts above Erivoss posted that he was gonna consider updating the database but is this gonna happen or was it some kind of "I'll tell them I'm gonna give them candy to let them shut up"? ;)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Unfortunately it will not be possible to update the account database to allow people who missed the cutoff play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom