I thought Bainshee bug abuse had been fixed?

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
There was a Bain blatently bug abusing on Crau bridge the evening. He had no LoS on the group (they were on the second floor) but somehow still managed to nuke our whole group (who were spread out on the top floor on the bridge) I thought the Bainshee bridge abuse had been "fixed? Can anyone throw some light on this subject?

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
There was a Bain blatently bug abusing on Crau bridge the evening. He had no LoS on the group (they were on the second floor) but somehow still managed to nuke our whole group (who were spread out on the top floor on the bridge) I thought the Bainshee bridge abuse had been "fixed? Can anyone throw some light on this subject?
its not a bug and its working as intended, it was fixed in last patch ...

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:
its not a bug and its working as intended, it was fixed in last patch ...
Thx for the reply. Just so I have a better understanding, a Bainshee can nuke through walls and floors of a bridge?

Gamah

Banned
semanon said:
Thx for the reply. Just so I have a better understanding, a Bainshee can nuke through walls and floors of a bridge?

Yes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they fixed it in 1.83 then broke it completely in 1.84 by the sounds of it.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
semanon said:

I shall adjust my haiku of old to this:

Screams filling the air
Foe remains invisible
Mythic smiles on Hibs

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
i think the official stance from Mythic said summat like, keeps are "solid" so coning thru then is illegal, but bridges aren't as "solid" as keeps, so coning thru them is ok....

Bloody jerry builders if u ask me....

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
i think the official stance from Mythic said summat like, keeps are "solid" so coning thru then is illegal, but bridges aren't as "solid" as keeps, so coning thru them is ok....

Bloody jerry builders if u ask me....

How the fuck is a bridge not solid?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Our stance is this:
You shouldn't be able to AoE (any type - cone, point-blank, ground-target) through frontiers structures. This includes outpost pieces, bridges and milegates. This was supposed to be fixed with 1.84 and clearly it wasn't. Until it is fixed then our policy remains the same as it was before the fix was announced. Any Bainshee (or other AoEer) who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast and if they happen to hit targets that are not in LoS then it is not considered abuse. Anyone who systematically abuses the LoS issue by casting 'blind' without at least one legitimate target however is cheating. We are watching the RvR flashpoints and will first warn, then suspend any casters who are found to be in breach of this. It's difficult for us to follow up reports after the fact but we are actively policing primetime RvR.

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Our stance is this:
You shouldn't be able to AoE (any type - cone, point-blank, ground-target) through frontiers structures. This includes outpost pieces, bridges and milegates. This was supposed to be fixed with 1.84 and clearly it wasn't. Until it is fixed then our policy remains the same as it was before the fix was announced. Any Bainshee (or other AoEer) who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast and if they happen to hit targets that are not in LoS then it is not considered abuse. Anyone who systematically abuses the LoS issue by casting 'blind' without at least one legitimate target however is cheating. We are watching the RvR flashpoints and will first warn, then suspend any casters who are found to be in breach of this. It's difficult for us to follow up reports after the fact but we are actively policing primetime RvR.
why not just do the right thing and ban every banshee? every banshee over rr2 does it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom