I think ive had enough of GOA now

O

old.Jable

GOA are really showing their lack of smarts, and with so many games on the horizon, they can't surely risk annoying this many people?

My friend was one of the people who's account was changed back to autorenew after the hacking incident, without his knowledge. His account details (his email address) were not updated on the account because he wasn't playing the game anymore.

He sent back an email telling them to send him his username and password to his new address, because although they had renewed the account without his knowledge, he would play the rest of the month anyway. he didnt want to to demand money back.

But now they have rebilled the account. this is 6 days after the first billing. He still hasnt received his username and password, so cant use rightnow or the account screen. he has sent another email today, this one worded more strongly, demanding refund of both months money or further action will be taken.

Me, i had a break from Daoc, and ill probably be back for Trials of Atlantis, but right now i just want to cancel my account and check my bank statements for a few months to make sure they aren't taking anymore money.

SWG is out in 2 weeks and ill probably play the free month at least. Anarchy online looks really good too, and its more likely ill stick with that as its cheap (less that SWG anyway).

You cant phone GOA, you cant speak to anyone there personally. its all through Rightnow, which allows them to conduct anything at their own pace, even denying being sent stuff, or just not acknowledging stuff that is sent to them that they find difficult to handle. i find that unacceptable, even if it isn't the way they operate, its the impression they are giving us, combined with the ineffective way they have dealt with the hacking incident (oh it was fine apart from all the rebillings and the password problems).

Now people that havent played the game for months have money showing up being taken. some of them might not even realise, and certainly some will have changed email addresses and have to go through all that just to stop a payment they never requested.

its almost as if the hacking incident has worked to their benefit, all this extra money they have been able to charge people. all sat in their accounts making interest while we chase Rightnow like chickens.

it makes me sooo angry.

B

Brannor McThife

<admits to running off to check his UK bank account.>

Evul GOA!

:D

<admits to being possessed by GOA for many months.>

-G

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

And I thought the nightmare was over. (Not you, Brannor, payments to GOA, that is.)

V

Venom777

Heh, Brannor and Ayam in 1 thread, this is a blast from the past. Lo guys :p

O

old.Jable

I wonder if the situation will be different in 6 months? you'd hope that they could improve the service by then. maybe learn a few lessons or something.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Venom777
Heh, Brannor and Ayam in 1 thread, this is a blast from the past. Lo guys :p
OMG. Sare. You old bastard. ;)

-G

B

Belsameth

my god!
somebody's been trying to dig up some relics :p

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Sarevok and Krill in the same thread? Not to go off topic, but *clink clink*, a toast to us!

Now back to this evening's GOA-bashing.

edit: a middle age bastard is a bastard from medieval times, eh? Nyuk nyuk.

J

Jonaldo

There was no hacking incident. GOA created it all so they could steal a lot of money from people who wanted to quit. It's all a conspiracy!!1

Users who are viewing this thread