I think I know the main reason there aren't so many new UK Players playing DAoC

O

old.Kerosene

Can't buy a fookin' copy of DAoC for love nor money. Been to EB, Game, PC World - Rang around 30 games stores and no-one has it. I am completely loathe to order online for it, but it's seemingly my only option :(

Anyone got any suggestions?

B

bf_kate

Maybe ask your local store to order it in for you? I would think they would be happy to do it and call you when it's in stock...

What's wrong with ordering it online tho?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Order it online...thats what I had to do in the end. When I bought my first copy several months ago I got it from Game but had to take it back because some SOB had previously bought it, used the CD-key and then taken it back (wish I'd thought of that) and then I found a copy in WH Smiths.

2 months later I trolled ALL the shops in town and couldn't find a single copy...anywhere. Sad.

M

Madonion Slicer

Order online, there is nothing wrong with it.

www.play.com, it is cheaper than in the stores and has Free Del, i have order Game/Music/DVD's many many times and never had a problem.

O

old.Kerosene

<sigh> Done... www.play.com seemed reasonable and easy to use. 'tis a shame that it isn't marketed very well at all for a game that is just 1 year old. I'm still seeing games from 3/4 years ago on the shelves. :(

J

Jiggs

HMV have always stocked it in London....

but yeah GOA don't really promo it in UK do they :(

O

old.Ashgen

Hard to impulse buy

Not that people buy online games on impulse much, even so, it would be nice to give people the chance.

It would seem they are given away with smarties in Spain?

K

K0nah

think the original box art didn't do them any favours either. if i hadn't already known the game from beta i wouldn't have risked £15 put it that way. spose box art is a non-issue if it isn't on shelves out there anymore tho :eek:

J

Jiggs

heh and writing "exploitation and community management by GOA" on the box isnt exactly inviting :)

R

Rei-Ki

had same problem when trying to get 2nd copy - HMV was the only place i found that stocked it

O

old.Kerosene

Heh.. Tried HMW/Virgin - No joy.. so www.play.com it was and I'm REALLY hoping they get the copy to me soon. Don't need any more cock ups.
And yes... They give it away with water in Spain.

T

Tleilax

Re: Hard to impulse buy

Originally posted by old.Ashgen

It would seem they are given away with smarties in Spain?

hahah

A

Adralend

Well it's the same thing in Denmark. The local gameshop (EB) get's about 2 copy's every month, and thats it.. :(

A

**Aligro**

special reserve has it, and you can preorder, shrouded isles too :p

J

Jiggs

One guy in my guild runs an internet cafe in north london and he stocks it.

A

**Aligro**

oh, and the internet cafe i play has at least 10 copies

O

old.Kerosene

Well... I bought it yesterday morning.. by yesterday afternoon it was at 'Packing' stage... I just checked and guess what? They are still packing it :( Guess it must come in new packaging that is the size of a house or something :p

I think I'm gonna stop moaning now

F

FredaOfAxiom

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
Order online, there is nothing wrong with it.

www.play.com, it is cheaper than in the stores and has Free Del, i have order Game/Music/DVD's many many times and never had a problem.

Damn! Didnt need to order a copy of DAOC but now I have 2 new DVD's on order :D

NEVER! Leave a woman with a chargecard sat infront of an online shop ffs! :eek6:

S

Stormm

I had same problem - last ditch attempt went into local HMV and there it was - loads of em too.... doh

L

Loveless

My m8 had the same problem...

and it found it WH Smiths of all fckin places

D

-Dreama-

Well it's the same thing in Denmark. The local gameshop (EB) get's about 2 copy's every month, and thats it..

really? odd...Bog & Ide has it, and every computer store on Boulevarden in Aalborg has it....Merlin has it...Fona has it...

I had no problem at all finding it.

G

ghostspawn

Ordered for friend this morning from amazon.co.uk.
current status - despatching soon. :)

I can remember my first ever session... Was on a very slow 56k so suffered major LD, at one stage had been dropped 3 times in 15mins. I then promptly got lost in Jordheim and spent 30mins wandering around trying to find my way out in between linkdeaths. (ofc I placed an order for dsl that very friday)

O

oblivion_6

you can order the game from amazon just now for 18 quid or something with a free guide m8

P

pogo121

I know :(

It’s sad how DAoC isn’t marketed in the Uk to the same degree as abroad. I work for PC World (and know more about computers that u would think! o_O) and I haven’t seen it on our EXTENCIVE software shelves for months.

Why?

Don’t Mythic want to expand anymore? Cant they handle it or something?...... dunno..... But one thing I do know, the game will see a new light of life when SI is released, trust me ;).

If not then the game is doomed....... (At least in UK)

Oh well always SWG to come, might try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom