I sometimes wish...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wat you to think about what i'm saying, the meaning, the idea behind it, before you go off a tangent 'cause i know, i know some people will take this the wrong way.

But...

I sometimes wish, i was born in a country where they stick a rifle in my hand at age of 8 and told me "that's the enemy" and that's that, until the day i die.

Anyone get it?

Sometimes things are just too, hell, too non-simple.

Same could be said with; i sometimes wish i was born in a fisher village in some remote island.

Anyone else sometimes feel that, hell, how to put it...need for simplicity?

Disclaimer: This is not a whine about life, nor am i complaining about it, or taking things for granted, it's just a thought.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I know what your saying.

I'm reading a sci-fi novel at the moment and one group has broken away and created there own society where they genetically implant certain traits into embyros so that people are "engineered" for certain careers before they are even born.

It does have an appeal, to know that as soon as you are born you will be pre-disposed to being a policeman, or a politician, or even a cleaner I suppose. your born, you have your career, you enjoy it.

Life can be complex.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I agree with this, my dream is to retire in some backwater country right out of the way of everyone, and just live how I want to live.

If/when I do retire, thats what I'll do :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I know what you're saying. And its amazing how the concept of simplicity can be so different (taking your 2 examples). But I think that you wouldn't in your right mind actually want the kind of life where your life expectancy is measured in mere moments. For some the "simple life" is retirement. Or perhaps winning the lottery (but that brings with it a whole host of issues - what to do with the money and will I be careful with it or spunk the lot). For your average man in the street, simplicity is a dream. Man has to put food on the table for his family, pay bills, work, etc

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I know what you're saying. And its amazing how the concept of simplicity can be so different (taking your 2 examples). But I think that you wouldn't in your right mind actually want the kind of life where your life expectancy is measured in mere moments. For some the "simple life" is retirement. Or perhaps winning the lottery (but that brings with it a whole host of issues - what to do with the money and will I be careful with it or spunk the lot). For your average man in the street, simplicity is a dream. Man has to put food on the table for his family, pay bills, work, etc

I know what you mean in a way, but do you think sometimes life expectancy is too highly sought-after ?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
those who are born into that dream of your life from time to time (or all the time). when i was young (12-14) i saw a program about children soldiers and i wanted to become one. it seemed so... "guerilla" (sp?) and i romantizied. i know i wouldnt want to when i think of it. Fearing for my life every day - or dont caring about it.
When it comes to the bottomline, i know im satisfied with my life, i just need things to remind me of it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Anyone get it?

Same could be said with; i sometimes wish i was born in a fisher village in some remote island.

Disclaimer: This is not a whine about life, nor am i complaining about it, or taking things for granted, it's just a thought.

Hell yes this is a whine about life ^^ But you're soooo right, really :( (although the example is a bit … strange ;) )

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I wat you to think about what i'm saying, the meaning, the idea behind it, before you go off a tangent 'cause i know, i know some people will take this the wrong way.

But...

I sometimes wish, i was born in a country where they stick a rifle in my hand at age of 8 and told me "that's the enemy" and that's that, until the day i die.

Anyone get it?

That's kinda medieval idea in alot of respects. My dad was very anti-black and very anti-indian and he was always saying this and that about stuff and I repulsed him, not because it was a negative thing, or because it was wrong. I repulsed him because the very idea that his euphemistic crap was fundamentally wrong to how to treat a human being and how ones principles to how you should live and be treated. My dad was an asshole in that respect, I accept that , but that doesn't mean I should apologise for his views, even though they sucked :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i am rather fond of the old laissez faire way of thinking myself where the government just takes care of the big stuff and the individual is responsible for themselves (health, education etc etc) I think things have definately become far too complex with everyone with fingers in everyone elses pies and no one taking responsibility for their own actions.

however, as spiddaman said with great power comes great responisbility and you just know people will get it wrong (putting a baby in a microwave for example) but i do think that things should be simplified as in, you fuck up you deal with it not go crying to someone and saying how its all someone elses fault (Ok sometimes it is all someone elses fault but even then you just have to deal with it and get on with life).

simplicity is beauty in most cases but where you have someone in complete control telling folk to do the wrong thing its not so nice (take any number of african countries for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom