Film I saw Zombieland

Bahumat

FH is my second home
And it was fucking awesome!

Shaun of the Dead was a great film, but got a bit shit near the end. Zombieland was fun all the way through. Loved the zombies and how they were killed etc.

Shaun of the Dead had a much smaller budget so parts just felt like watching Spaced as opposed to a zombie film.

Also B.M. haha loved that scene

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thats what made Shaun of the Dead so epic!

It didnt need all the fancy bollocks to be a good film

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You say that as if its a bad thing

Thats what made Shaun of the Dead so epic!

It didnt need all the fancy bollocks to be a good film

It was a great film, however due to lack on funds I can only assume that's why there was not many zombie scenes. Like i say, the 2nd half was a bit like an episode of Spaced. That's cool as I love Spaced, but at the end of the day it's a zombie film.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Maybe, but although it was a zombie film, it was also a romantic comedy.

So it mixed the mushy scenes, with the Ed/Shaune comedy parts and zombies to create an awesome film.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I think you may have missed the point of Shaun of the Dead

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think you may have missed the point of Shaun of the Dead

And what point did I miss? No offense Sparx but you can't just say "oh i think you missed the point" without explaining why.

Also in response to Thadius - Yep you're spot on with the Romantic part. I admit I forgot to mention that.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Shaun of the Dead was supposed to be like Spaced, they got the idea from Season 1 ( i think) the Resident Evil episode. They loved the Zombies at the beginning so decided to make a spoof movie from it, it was never intended to be a zombie flick it was just a piss take.

The god of Zombie movies did actually say it was one of his favourite movies though

EDIT: my appologies for not giving a reason my phone rang and i hit send

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
BTW i have watched Spaced season 1 and 2 more times than i can count, and i went through a stage of watching Shaun of the Dead 2-3 times a week for a year

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Shaun of the Dead was supposed to be like Spaced, they got the idea from Season 1 ( i think) the Resident Evil episode. They loved the Zombies at the beginning so decided to make a spoof movie from it, it was never intended to be a zombie flick it was just a piss take.

The god of Zombie movies did actually say it was one of his favourite movies though

EDIT: my appologies for not giving a reason my phone rang and i hit send

Hehe no worries.

Yup I remember them saying about the idea coming from Spaced, was such a good show. That and Black Books!

I think even for a piss take, it needed one more kickass scene near to the end. I just felt like they missed something.

Oh slight change of topic, but did you like it in Spaced where Bill Bailey fires him from the COmic store, but in Black Books Simon Pegg fires Bill Bailey from the huge bookshop next door. Love how they linked the shows :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Theres loads of inbred stuff like that in Channel 4 cult shows, they all work together and help each other out etc its great

SotD gave loads of great one liners too

"want anything from the shop"
"Cornetto"

brilliant

"Whats the matter? never taken a shortcut before"
<smug look>

I like how they carried on the same jokes in Hot Fuzz tho hot fuzz wasnt as good

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Theres loads of inbred stuff like that in Channel 4 cult shows, they all work together and help each other out etc its great

SotD gave loads of great one liners too

"want anything from the shop"
"Cornetto"

brilliant

"Whats the matter? never taken a shortcut before"
<smug look>

I like how they carried on the same jokes in Hot Fuzz tho hot fuzz wasnt as good

In SoTD Nick Frost kept telling Simon Pegg about Dogs not being able to look up iirc. Near the end Simon Pegg says "and dog's can look up!"

Also from Spaced

Tyres: Are we happy?
Tim:Are we happy.
Tyres: Excellent. Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: (scoffs) You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I watched Hot Fuzz 1st then SoTD then about a year later every episode of spaced one afternoon and after watching spaced I really appreciate HF and SoTD a whole lot more, loved the resident evil episode and think all of them (movies and series)are total class.

Think I actually preferred Hot Fuzz over SoTD, though there's not much in it at all, because I grew up in a small town very much like the one where it was set and found it all highly amusing being able to relate to those characters from memory.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Saw Zombieland with my cousin last night we thought it looked good but thought it would turn out shit but were very pleasantly suprised. Was a really good, decent zombie comedy film :p Really fucking hillarious actually, I wanna watch it again now. Rule no.1 Cardio :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Saw Zombieland with my cousin last night we thought it looked good but thought it would turn out shit but were very pleasantly suprised. Was a really good, decent zombie comedy film :p Really fucking hillarious actually, I wanna watch it again now. Rule no.1 Cardio :D

haha rule 1 is so true, you can picture yourself in that scenario

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
indeed! it was just so fucking hillarious the fat guy running across the field in such terror and kept looking back with his tits jiggling all over the shop.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Saw Zombieland the other night as well, thought it was hilarious! I was aching from laughing so much after I left the cinema.

I don't think the comparison with SotD is that fitting though, as SotD is meant to be a spoof of a zombie film, whereas Zombieland is a proper zombie film, but with jokes in it as well. Still, they are both class.

PS: Rule 2 - doubletap

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
just watched it at the flicks.

Movie of the year for me for pure laughs, it helped a mate of mine is scared of clowns. whole movie was full of win!!!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
so its worth it to go see it in the cinema instead of wait for a dvdrip/r5?
might just do that. last movie i went to see was inglorious basterds and that was awesome

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Personally yes, but that has been pretty much said by everyone else in the thread. It's just a riot of wise cracks, violence and zombies!!

Forgot to add if you were a fan of caddy shack, stay on till after the credits!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
hehe just seen that on youtube, thanks for mentioning it :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
gah the motherfuckers are not showing it on wednesday!!! will have to go Tuesday and only showing at 20:20 fgs I have to be in bed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom