I really dont get it.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Ppl seems to be waiting for WAR, but why not just play WoW, looks excatly the same - i think that the high number of WoW players, made mythic make a clone. I dont think its gonna be any good, since there are (afaik) only two realms.

The rvr videos makes me sad, even the interface is WoW.

What ur opinion?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Have you seen the most recent screenshots of the Chaos and Empire areas? I don't remember WoW looking much like that.

There are two factions with 3 races to each. That's a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint. There are lots of very good games with only two sides, there are many bad games with more than two sides. I don't think a game's quality is determined by the number of available factions. Your mileage may vary.

The UI is a placeholder like much else that you see in early screenshots and videos. The beta hasn't even started yet so it's not really possible to start drawing comparisons between what is there now and what will be seen at release.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Have you seen the most recent screenshots of the Chaos and Empire areas? I don't remember WoW looking much like that.

There are two factions with 3 races to each. That's a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint. There are lots of very good games with only two sides, there are many bad games with more than two sides. I don't think a game's quality is determined by the number of available factions. Your mileage may vary.

The UI is a placeholder like much else that you see in early screenshots and videos. The beta hasn't even started yet so it's not really possible to start drawing comparisons between what is there now and what will be seen at release.

Screenshots look cartoonish to me, like WoW. (as did the rvr videos, early stage or not)

Bout the factions, i just happen to like a good threesome :) And to be serious, it just adds an edge to the game, in rvr, and in pve. Tho the pve got taken away from us, when you only allowed 1 realm.

I just hope the us servers keep running after WAR comes out.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl seems to be waiting for WAR, but why not just play WoW, looks excatly the same - i think that the high number of WoW players, made mythic make a clone. I dont think its gonna be any good, since there are (afaik) only two realms.

The rvr videos makes me sad, even the interface is WoW.

What ur opinion?

Hooray!! WAR is a rip-off of WoW thread number#876916237896239786.

Once more I guess, it was Warcraft that ripped off the Warhammer style not the other way around.

Also, judging a game by one video (which is not intended to represent the rvr play look, just the rvr feel) and a few early alpha screenies is utterly moronic.

I'm glad you won't be playing WAR, one less blinkered idiot to deal with.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Hooray!! WAR is a rip-off of WoW thread number#876916237896239786.

Once more I guess, it was Warcraft that ripped off the Warhammer style not the other way around.

Also, judging a game by one video (which is not intended to represent the rvr play look, just the rvr feel) and a few early alpha screenies is utterly moronic.

I'm glad you won't be playing WAR, one less blinkered idiot to deal with.

How rude

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

Not that I am complaining, but wouldn't you be better off trying to lure peeps back to this server and dark age in general while they are waiting for WAR? As we know, WAR is a long way off and DAOC still has life and new ideas pouring into it. DAOC is still a good game and always will be if nurtured :) Some self promotion is always a good thing in moderation :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Not that I am complaining, but wouldn't you be better off trying to lure peeps back to this server and dark age in general while they are waiting for WAR? As we know, WAR is a long way off and DAOC still has life and new ideas pouring into it. DAOC is still a good game and always will be if nurtured :) Some self promotion is always a good thing in moderation :)

I agree totally. Btw, today I read PC Gamer here in sweden and they listed the top 100 games. First spot went to Half Life 2, second spot to WoW and third to Half life. I searched for DAoC and I didn't find it, it wasn't even listed within the top 100 games. I'm sure it would have been if only it had been advertised from the start of the DAoC era.

It's a shame that such a huge game ain't on the list while WoW is on second place.

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
There will never be a game to replace DAOC not played in 2 years but i still think about it and the people i met there :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I agree totally. Btw, today I read PC Gamer here in sweden and they listed the top 100 games. First spot went to Half Life 2, second spot to WoW and third to Half life. I searched for DAoC and I didn't find it, it wasn't even listed within the top 100 games.

Such is the might and ferocity of the marketing effort in Eruope they probably never even heard of it!

WoW is OK, cartoon graphics or not the gameplay is appealing to a lot of people. Leveling solo is certainly easier than DAOC. Although like DAOC you need a big guild and lots of large scale raids to get the best gear. I just hope WAR RvR is better than WoW though. The only real question for me and WAR is which side of the pond to log on to. I would love to go US and play but I'm loyal to my guild here on DAOC, a great bunch of easy going piss heads and weed smokers! ;)

I may try vanguard although I dislike most things Sony (hardware and software). I will definitely try AOC out, looks like it is going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom