i R teh n00z0r!!1

J

Jonaldo

i R teh n00bz0r!!1

Thread for silly mistakes even relatively experienced players make:

I'll start..

*I realise I spend way too much time as an inf behind enemy lines when half the time I want to use friendly equip/vehicle terms I get my REK and try to hack them :rolleyes:

*Was running in an enemy base that only had a few defenders, saw a bad guy and stopped dead hoping that he hadn't seen me, he stopped, took his gun out and shot me. I then remembered that I wasn't using my infiltrator set-up and could've just got out my rocket gun and blew him up :rolleyes: as a result I wasn't very well hidden, even when stood dead still.

*I'm sure it's my keyboard and not me but when I want to reload I put my gun away, when I want to stand up from a crouch and run I zoom in, I try to turn on my Darklight and drop a grenade at my feet... :rolleyes:

yes, i R teh n00bz0r!!1 :D

K

karienal

Boomers, the bane of a combat engineers life.

A common tactic I use when creeping around the basement of an enemy base is lay a boomer where the enemy will run, then lay a boomer just by a door I can escape through. Then when I blow the first, I run to the door, which opens, and points a big arrow towards me, and my second boomer (primarily for maxes, they love running at you)..

Yesterday, I'm laying this trap & I got the detonators mixed up :)

That max must've peed himself when out of nowhere an Inf just blows up 20 yards away :)

Opium

P

[PS]Riddler

Last night on my inf char (Siruz) we were attacking Huraken and i went down into the basement and for about 5 mins i was saying on TS "wtf is the CC?" then DMW kindly pointed out that i was in Ghannon.... doh :(

D

Deadmanwalking

See what being an infil does to your minds.

K

karienal

I also quite like it when I forget to stealth, then proceed to crawl across the courtyard of an enemy base for approximately .01 seconds, until the enemy stop laughing :)

Or when some nob blows the generator seconds after I've just put my agile repair suit on for all those Maxs wanting armour, and I'm left standing there going "but I havent got a damn gun anymore, and cant use the terms now!" I feel quite silly then.

Opium

P

[PS]Mung

Even worse when you hack a terminal to swap your gear around and then you realise you haven't got a rek in this set up, but by then it's too late 'cos the hack has expired.....

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by karienal
Yesterday, I'm laying this trap & I got the detonators mixed up :)

That max must've peed himself when out of nowhere an Inf just blows up 20 yards away :)

Opium

ROFL :great:

B

bone_idle

In a rush to get my weapon out ive hit number 3 instead of 4 and got my REK out. They other guy must have thought " wtf is he gonna do with that? hack me? ". One dead TR i must say.

R

Rigon-Noir-

I thought i'd stay away from this thread, done some pretty dumb stuff but don't remember the details so couldn't post anything.

Till last night that is :(

After servers went down for the second short spell (10 mins i think) i logged on back in Ish in the warpgate, i looked around for a few seconds then this terran logs on next to me, I give him a second to gather his thought then start to tease "that the best you can do" and all that.
He gets his gun out and i start to laugh, then he shoots me.

FFS i was on the outside of the warpgate, thought i was on the inside :(

what a dumbass

Noir BR13 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Tidus Morgahna

Make a sig m8, will save you typing this out every time :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

No, because it changes and i just copy and past when i start :p

Anyway, why does it make a difference, does it slow your pc down??

....COPY & PASTE.....

J

Jonaldo

No, because it changes and i just copy and past when i start :p

Anyway, why does it make a difference, does it slow your pc down??

....COPY & PASTE.....

n00b!!1

R

Rigon-Noir-

And????

Noir BR13 / CR2 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS/Medic

Seeing you've made the same post on 2 threads now it's obviously annoys you so i've just got to keep doing it :p

R

Rigon-Noir-

I'll do you a deal, you tell me how to do "quotes" and ill make one.

That took less than 17 seconds

J

Jonaldo

I'll do you a deal, you tell me how to do "quotes" and ill make one.

Push the {QUOTE} button at the bottom right of anyones post to make a direct quote from them or just use the 'quote' '/quote' in "[]" these brackets to make ordinary quotes.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Push the {QUOTE} button at the bottom right of anyones post to make a direct quote from them or just use the 'quote' '/quote' in "[]" these brackets to make ordinary quotes.

Thanks, sig coming up :p

later

G

Garaen

Not really an in game mistake. But when i am in the heat of battle and come across a few enemies i usually try to pull out the ole' trusty Jackhammer. I won't let my eyes stray from the screen and i just let my hand reach to change the weapon, sometimes this works and somtimes i end up switching on my implants, using a medpack and pulling out my REK all at the same time :( nerf button mashing ;)

O

old.Tyraette

biggest n00b mistake i ever made was quite simple, and i implore everyone to learn from it.

When Jupitus says 'Shaeff do you want a lift in the Jup bus'

DONT ffs say 'Why yes Jup, I'd love to'

<whimpers>

B

bone_idle

Another good one i do is: When going to throw a grenade. Forgetting to keep my finger on the button but just pressing and letting go quickly. The grenade had a nasty habit of dropping at your feet. :rolleyes:

S

shilak

Whilst trying to capture a tower on Ceryshen from the TR, I asked the driver of the Vanguard I was gunning in to 'back up a little so I could get a clear shot on the upper level', we then promptly fell off a cliff and died.

Not really a n00b mistake ... but there was one time during beta when I snuck around behind an enemy sniper, lined up my bolt driver and fired, only to hit a friendly infil that was just about to knife the sniper in the back.

C

Cadire

Last night, while playing my Infil Cad, I saw a certain Boneidle of this parish crouching behind a tree firing at our base.

"Ah" I thought, "a BW'er!" I crept up around him, nice and slow, then ran the last couple of feet and fired into his back... except I actually had the REK in my hand.

It took a few seconds for me to realise that he wasn't dying.... whereby I quickly swapped to the pistol and dispatched him properly

:cool:

G

Gef

Landing Reavers near water is the funniest, if there is a bit of a hill you just start to slide, cant take off again, you just see yourself, powerless, just sliding slowly into the lake.

One submerged Reaver and probably a few TR stood around giggling.

Wankers.

P

[PS]Venom

Best one I've done recently is ran into a terran base uncloaked, and then proceeding to shoot people. Needless to say I didn't live very long :(

Did it about twice in a row.

P

[PS]Nova

Dropping grenades at my feet, that's a big one.

Managing to blow myself up with boomers, another good one.

Or sneaking past an enemy minefield (before I discovered the joys of jammer nades) and getting that LITTLE bit TOO close to one mine at which point the whole damn area goes up and you have one dead infil.

Realising you're not cloaked...

Driving off cliffs - did a spectacular triple flip in my Lightning once..

hmm.. can't think of any particular incidents but if I do, I'll be sure to post them, the ones already on here are classic.

B

bone_idle

Originally posted by Cadire
Last night, while playing my Infil Cad, I saw a certain Boneidle of this parish crouching behind a tree firing at our base.

"Ah" I thought, "a BW'er!" I crept up around him, nice and slow, then ran the last couple of feet and fired into his back... except I actually had the REK in my hand.

It took a few seconds for me to realise that he wasn't dying.... whereby I quickly swapped to the pistol and dispatched him properly

:cool:

Trying to Jack me and turn me into a NC or VS eh?. I have darklight but in the heat of the battle i keep forgetting to switch it on and off. I'm learning though.

Watch out next time Cad :D

M

Maliz-

I play Vanu on Werner and TR on Markow.
The other day when I got soo bored of getting overrun by the TR forces, I desided to go play some on Markow.

I had logged my TR char there in a base, and when I logged on I did not think much of it. I saw a Vanu guy at a terminal, and I desided I would reload my equipment before going outside.
So I walked up to the terminal, tried to access it, and did a friendly 'Hi there!'. The Vanu guy then turned, looked at me for 0.0001 second, then blasted me to bits.

I recalled to sanc, and logged promptly after. Not my day, one can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom