I Propose...

X

Xavier

... that we think about forming a merry band of adventurers for some multiplayer, possibly on a future barryserver (pending the techies doing the magic)... so Kenny, Summo, Damini, Bym, Xtro - whatcha think?

Xav

aka:
Charles Manson
Level 9 Rogue (lawful good <--wtf?)

X

Xavier

and yes - my aim was to create a really confused first character... and what's better than an alignment-confuddled serial killer :D

X

Xavier

triple post stylee- if I forgot anyone in the above list it's because I'm buried in magazine copy that needs writing yesterday... heh

i wub ya all, honest

:fluffle:

G

granny

I'm up for that Xav, you considering making your own campaign/adventrure/whatever or just using the existing (rather poor imo ;) ) one?

B

bigfoot

If you create a player in Single player can that same player be used in Multiplayer?

S

Summo

“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
“For he today that sheds his blood with me,
“Shall be my brother.”

Or something. :/

Onward, men and women! Onward Christian soldiers...

X

xane

I'm up for some "hot multiplayer action".

"Magic is good, but now Minsc leads, Swords for Everyone !"

G

granny

Originally posted by bigfoot
If you create a player in Single player can that same player be used in Multiplayer?

Yeah you can export a single-player character at any point ("save character" option when you go to save your game) and then use that in multiplayer. You can't do it the other way round though.

N

Nightchill

Im not entirely sure what youre proposing (just call me stupid) ;) Isnt this the same as asking if we want to have a barrysworld server so we can game together on it? If so then yup, deffo.

Unlike granny (boo) I dont mind the SP campaign through MP. Ive played through the same bit a few times now and found its more who you play with in MP (rather than the content). :)

This keyboards keys are all broken :/

X

Xavier

Originally posted by bigfoot

you export your singleplayer character into MP :D

X

Xavier

no, a barryserver will happen as long as the techies can figure out biowares server and it all proves compatible

this is probably more applicable to the Barrysworld bunch that formed a posse all those months ago on DAoC - I propose that we get a merry warband together and then either get our own server running and indulge in questing, PvP and all manner of shenanigans or alternatively go forth onto existing servers and take on foul beasts in the lands of the enemy :)

the idea of having our own server appeals but likewise expeditions onto servers run by cruel DM's would be an equal giggle I'm sure :D

N

Nightchill

Ok; are you suggesting using Local Vault or Server Vault characters? I`m much comfier with Server Vault but that does mean settling down and hoping for the best :)

I made a character on GamesDomains servers since they have a server for each chapter and all use the same Server Vault. So when youve finished chapter 1, you use the chapter 2 server and carry on.

Unfortunately, fair few of the players were abusive.. or maybe just very young (ah the generalisation).

My favourite server is probably Usagi, problem is thats only for 6 players max :\

Be good if we could all get on the same server though. Maybe wait and see if the wubly BW techies do come back with anything?

X

Xavier

yes, but the gifts of beer if they do succeed will be cheaper than the monthly subs to daoc :D

S

Shocko

I might be interested :)

When the Linux client binarys are released, i will almost deffinately get the game :) However, i might need to wait till i get broadband until i can play online. Allthough that shouldn't be too long - I applied for a job the other day, and i shal continue to do so untill i get one :) Which would also be neccassery if you're dead set on getting a barryserver :)

S

Sar

Originally posted by Xavier
so Kenny, Summo, Damini, Bym, Xtro - whatcha think?

Fine then.

CUNT

;) :D

Yeah I'd be interested. Swiss and the PC Gamer team are building a module afaik, which the members of XPd will be helping playtest, or at least I think that's the intention.

And I'd be happier with Server vault characters as well.

I'd be me usual, Neutral Good Ranger.

:)

X

Xtro

just got up after sixteen hours in bed....and NO I'm not a student ;)

Count me in Xav - foaming at the mouth in anticipation :)

/edit - my m8s in our daoc guild will be up for it too, and no they don't look like Black Sabbath fans ;)

X

xane

Originally posted by Xavier
/me wonders how cama proposes to create a client app from dedicated server files :p

in the same way you make me look stupid nearly 2.5 hours after the previous poster has already done that :p

B

bigfoot

Just a thought but if the ded server runs on BW then in all likelihood Sever Vault characters will not work because when the server starts up it will be creating a "scratch" config. Just a thought....

M

Mousey

Once I have mastered the finer details count me in... but strictly role playing please. :)

S

Summo

Why certainly. We all tend to play the role of team-killing laughing maniacs. It works for us. :)

M

Mr Jabba

I'd be keen (although I still haven't received my copy from play.com yet). I'm a noob on the BarrysWorld forums, but you lot seem like a fairly mature and normal bunch <extracts tounge from moderators' @rses>. At a venerable 32 my experience of online MP games hasn't been that great, like Nightchill everyone seems to be rude/young and unable to type...

"Give me good wepon, I wanyt +5 sword"
"With pleasure my friend, into which orifice do you wish it inserted?"

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Mr Jabba
like Nightchill everyone seems to be rude/young and unable to type...
you're saying I'm rude/young and unable to type? How rude :)

M

Mr Jabba

Urm sorry old chap, it seems that I'm unable to type too <looks sheepish>. It should have read...

like Nightchill SAYS everyone seems to be rude/young and unable to type...

S

Summo

Been playing for an hour. Single-player seems okay, though tbh I feel like I may as well go and read a good book. Multi-player is confusing and bizarre. Seems high-level chars just spend their time killing lower-level chars. :/

I'm off to play America's Army again. :)

N

Nightchill

I was looking through Gamespy Arcade servers last night for my usual server haunts and lo and behold a "Barrysworld Test Server". Went on with my level 5 character (I didn't notice it was on Chapter 2) and then decided to change to a level 11 character.

Came back to see some 20th level players fighting it out ;) There was one evil wizard (halfing) who started it all by summoning a Balrog. Was immensely funny to watch, grats all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom