I need some advice - My SB is a gimp

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
I need some advice from any that please.

I have a 50 sb - the only 2 artis he has are Som and Golm - cant member exact spec as cant get on to check - RR3l2 - 43+8 enven - 30 sumthing CS - 20 something LA rest in sword.

On a pa i do 200 damage :(
then im hitting for 38
if i use shadow strike it always ports me to player unpops me and then say target is to far away to attack till i press a key.

Can somebody tell me whats wrong please surely a sucsefull perforate artery should do more than 200 plus the extra for performing perfect ?

Any help/advice on how to respec what to get on him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
cant comment the specs as i play an infil who has more points to spend.

but make sure you use good weapons(either suggesting malice, battler, cl weap/and or 99% qua legendaries), and have good enough temp(for me the must is 100 strength, 90 con, 75 qui, capped melee resists + capped heat resist)... and it will make a wonder. im just rr4 but usually PA for 800+, and hit really good afterwards, only prob could be the defense, but som charge, malice charge, battler charge helps a lot.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
That's a strange spec you've got there. I'm no expert on stealthers, but you have too much in envenom and too low CS. Your LA may be a wee bit low too.
Since you only have 2 artis, is this for the 45-49 BG? If it's for lv50 RvR, you need to have a good template to compete.
You really need a respec too. :) Someone who plays an SB can probably give you some ideas on how to spec.

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys hopefully some good SB will post and help me out

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Life is always hard for any stealther below rr5 ...

That being said equipment helps alot :D

Lets go back to basics ,

If i were u for an sb below rr6 i would spec 39 la 50 composite sword spec using cl wep+malice and try and get 47 composite envenom ... i wouldnt worry too much about cs until rr5+(but afaik with 39 la 39 sword 47 comp envenom spec u should have enough spare points for creeping death @ rr3-4) ... now some may disagree ... but any sb below rr5 that ive come across that has even been a slight challenge on my shade/bm has been this spec .

Also i would suggest trying to get as many toys for yourself as is possible like malice(mentioned above) ring of dances , battler(on back as a 3rd envenom 1h wep) , shades of mist which u have ... and some high utility jewelery like jewel of the dreadstalker etc

Most templates i find pan out as artis/sc being only 40% of the total cost max and the rest being high utility jewelery ... also maybe use pheobus ... i know i hate it when shadowblades have that use2 up ><

Also for your basic ra's i would suggest purge 2 + Mastery of stealth 2 and Mastery of pain 3 ... this should give u solid damage using cl wep+malice setup .

Ok gonna stop rambling on ... hope some of this helped ;)

illu

Part of the furniture
Your spec is all wrong.
You will be gimp until RR5+
Read the guides/links posted in this thread and also check out the link in my sig.
SB's are hardmode and are hard to spec, hard to get nice templates for, you need ML9 asap to be able to compete.
You need minimum SoM+Battler, then try and get PH/GoV/Scalars Champ Weap etc etc

Also download lots of SB Movies, see what they do, see how they fight and how they are specced and then you will begin to become a good SB :>

It's tough out there for sure, but persist and the rewards after RR7 make it worth it, and at RR8/9 the class actually becomes fun :p

Oli - Illu

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
SBs...

As my good friend illuwan said, sb's can be hard

That said, (and as other have pointed out) you not only need to learn how to play this challengeing class but also have good items and a little luck.

Tbh spec wise i would always opt for a high (34+) base cs spec - this gives you a nice stun which will help alot to kill pesky casters (the assassin's bread and butter). After that i suggest you play around with specs a little to see how u like to play yer toon (i.e. do you want higher env or left axe stun - always a trade-off playing sb sadly - not like easymode infs! :D)

Any q's feel free to PM

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
welcome to my world. although everything i lay my hands on end up gimped :(

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Though I no longer play DAoC & just troll these forums for any interesting posts, I'd though I'd pass on my experience.

- 43+8 enven - 30 sumthing CS - 20 something LA rest in sword. -

Your spec one of the things thats hurting first off.

Your env is WAY too high, if I was to play an SB I'd aim for between 29 & 35 env.

CS is too low, it's the bread and butter of an assassin. Again, I would've aimed for between 39 to 50 CS depending on what I wanted overall from my SB.

LA - you have in some ways the best off hand mechanics in DAoC I believe. Your off hand swings at the same time as your main hand. Majority of people spec 39 LA for Frost Glaze, the 7sec stun off Evade.

Mainhand - By rr5 I would've aimed for about 51 combined wpn ie 36+15 or more commonly known as Wyrd spec.

For my wpn choices, Malice for off hand for sure and for Mainhand, I'd suggest Legendary Wpns, Battler, Champ wpn. Mix and match.

With regards to SC'ing +11 to all!!!!!!!!!!!! and 10% dmg/spd/style dmg and if you can +26 str cap! for a 101 str template and decent resists with high HP!

blinden

Fledgling Freddie
respecced my autotrained rr3 sb to 34env, 36stealth, 34CS, 39LA, 36sword.

works much better for me then 44cs spec. evenom seems to be the key =)

and feel free to do 2handed PA & CD, made a 1650dmg on a caster when i was rr2 =)

Littles

Loyal Freddie
This may have been posted before but im not sure.

Goto www.perforateartery.com. It's an ace website for stealthers only. Like any other forum try and search for your info first, in your case - how to spec a SB.

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
With regards to SC'ing +11 to all!!!!!!!!!!!! and 10% dmg/spd/style dmg and if you can +26 str cap! for a 101 str template and decent resists with high HP!

Not sure i would bother with +11 env myself, but thats just me

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Djib said:
Not sure i would bother with +11 env myself, but thats just me
think these stealthers sc +env on a piece of armour that they swap in when reapplying poisons..........

pip

Banned
tollstore said:
I need some advice from any that please.

I have a 50 sb - the only 2 artis he has are Som and Golm - cant member exact spec as cant get on to check - RR3l2 - 43+8 enven - 30 sumthing CS - 20 something LA rest in sword.

On a pa i do 200 damage :(
then im hitting for 38
if i use shadow strike it always ports me to player unpops me and then say target is to far away to attack till i press a key.

Can somebody tell me whats wrong please surely a sucsefull perforate artery should do more than 200 plus the extra for performing perfect ?

Any help/advice on how to respec what to get on him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Need more artis mate+more rr levels+ time and patience for speed and reflex,haste bot helps lots, if not got 1 get something with attack speed on it:) seen lots of vids with folk... with low cs and they seem to do well,think aug str is nice for huge damage,try cap str,hp,con ftw and quick,try never to get pa'ed if think you are a tad to late to hit em first turn back on em

Ps...Tip for all rvr as any player needs to be 110% focus if you are not the big fish out there will eat you alive:(

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
If you don't have Buffbot, try to get buffs from someone. Then fix template&spec as others have said.

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
Kallahanden said:

amazing contribution.........

that aside as many have said template,master lvls and spec must be right for a young shadowblade but also learn to pick your targets, your not gonna win against anyone over rr5 so learn your rr titles(or have them displayed with a custom ui) try pick on the people you think you'll have a chance against,sounds obvious i know but shadowblades don't have iwin buttons:)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
Did you PA a heretic? Even with ~20+rr in CS, you should break 200 by far!

i did a pa for 209 today. On a SB, with 50+19cs and a 4.1speed weapon.

Tho admittedly he did have the totally balanced artifact charge up at the time.

illu

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
i did a pa for 209 today. On a SB, with 50+19cs and a 4.1speed weapon.

Tho admittedly he did have the totally balanced artifact charge up at the time.

Without PH I think most SB's would have given up a long time ago. NS's and Infil's with their free SL deathblow, NS's with the OP original remedy - now we get the watered down version. Infil's and NS's with their off-evade stun which SB's still don't get after the latest patch where as all the other assassins do now......
SB's are CRAP up until RR5 where they begin to be playable, and only at rr7+ do they actually become fun to play. Infils have always hit uber hard, and still do, and Nightshades above rr5+ are very hard to kill too.

And talking about PA's, there are lots and lots of times that I have PA'd casters, heretics, tanks for under 300, and considering it is meant to be our most powerful attack - it is laughable. Then the casters or tanks hit back for 900 (caster today) or 600+ a merc today.

Oli - Illu

Littles

Loyal Freddie
illu said:
Without PH I think most SB's would have given up a long time ago. NS's and Infil's with their free SL deathblow, NS's with the OP original remedy - now we get the watered down version. Infil's and NS's with their off-evade stun which SB's still don't get after the latest patch where as all the other assassins do now......
SB's are CRAP up until RR5 where they begin to be playable, and only at rr7+ do they actually become fun to play. Infils have always hit uber hard, and still do, and Nightshades above rr5+ are very hard to kill too.

And talking about PA's, there are lots and lots of times that I have PA'd casters, heretics, tanks for under 300, and considering it is meant to be our most powerful attack - it is laughable. Then the casters or tanks hit back for 900 (caster today) or 600+ a merc today.

Oli - Illu

NS/Infs may have been more powerful than SB's in the past and still may be although i wouldn't agree with that but don't EVER say that PH is needed and/or balanced in assassin RvR. It's like a permanent malice2 charge up when fighting against assasins as a large portion of our damage is style damage.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
sbs are bottom of the food chain for stealthers especialy at low rr....

i used 44 crit 44 sword 35 env 35 stealth to get to rr 5..........great for dropping casters... not so great versus other stealthers... trouble is most stealthers u will encounter these days will be alot higher rr as well....u will also find life a lil easier if u swap out a 2 hander to one shot casters.....lots toys also help.... af charges/artis etc/swap out for + to env

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Oli - Illu

indeed :p

and people whine at me for not jumping mercs or tanks in general ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom