E

evilmonkeh

i have rewritable 8cm disks
freecom ones
they dont work in my old cdrw tho:(
oh and the batterys get eaten up well fast

T

Tom

Do any of the afore-mentioned devices offer the ability to record via analogue line-in (in stereo)?

W

worMatty

Unfortunately not :( Minidisc recorders would be better suited to that, but smallish stereo microphones are difficult to get hold of (realistically-priced ones).

A

Arnor

Originally posted by CptDoom
http://www.nomadworld.com/

I got a 20 gig USB 2.0 Nomad zen 2.0. Best thing i ever bought and you can now get 60 gig version for the same price i payed for mine 1 year ago. Highly reconmended.

Tho the Ipod is VERY nice too you get far more bang for buck with the Creative range IMO, also the Zen is a little bigger and bulkier than the Ipod but not much in it at all.

If you get the creative player visit here www.redchairsoftware.com as the program is far better than the Bundled shite you get with it. File management (the Zen acts as another hard drive), music management, TrueStream and tonnes of other stuff for this software which gets updated every 2-3 weeks. Well worth the registration fee which works out at about £15 for updates for a very long time...

i had a nomad1 (bought it when it came out) which is currently rusting and dusting on my shelf after creative decided they wouldnt update drivers to make it compatible with windows xp, and im not going back to fucking 98 again :\

moral of the story, fuck creative!

also, if you wanna buy an iPod, wait till the new version with the liquid-monkey battery.

T

Tom

Originally posted by worMatty
Unfortunately not :( Minidisc recorders would be better suited to that, but smallish stereo microphones are difficult to get hold of (realistically-priced ones).

Yeah, I have an MD that I use for work, when I need a backup running of an interview we're filming (I just plug my audio mixer into it). Primarily for transcription I use a Sony Pro Walkman, but It would be nice to have a really small lightweight device for recording something I'd like to sneakily take home with me.

I'm bidding on a portable DAT right now, which will be nice, but unfortunately it doesn't have timecode :(

C

CptDoom

hey all im im really pissed work do and that but i thought id check how young mobious was spending his money. Win 98 has already been ditched by microsoft so are creative supposed to release newert drivers for that sad old aging behemoth?

Mobious, i walked with my zen to my work do, was lovely listening to DJ Shadow (midnight in a Perfect World) repeatedly till i got there. Its not a matter of choosing what cd to bring with ya,its a matter of decidng what album tto stick on, removable media players are all fine and dandy, if y fancy a seperate hold all for your collection :s

The zen is all youy need, its great and if you got the dosh, spend it. I got a 4 year warantee for mine so if you hate it just samsh it up and say u are sick of ur broken mp3 player and get somethin different, just try it. U will not be disapointed. Excuse the appauling spelling, typos, ive had 7 pints of Red Stripe and i shoud be going bed. This is just a declaration of love for that little silver thing that keeps me entertained at work all day long thru my static powerred speakers. If i didnt have that thing id probably go and do something craxy like getting a careeer or something.

T

The-Don

Originally posted by TedTheDog
The bundled software is complete wank, but iTunes is a free download and does the trick.

I agree, the bundled software is utterly shite, haven't tried iTunes.

EphPod is well worth a try too - http://www.ephpod.com/

F

Furr

I have a muvo and it does the job

MuVopix2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom