I love SI and Avalon.

B

baphomet

Having had the SI expansion for a few weeks and done a bit of exploring of the new areas, I gotta say Avalon is pretty great.
I've taken my Main Cleric thorugh the sewers a few times with some parties.
Not only is the new areas interesting, Avalon seems like a pretty darn good XP area.

The grapical improvements weren't that great though.
And yeah, I have a GF4 TI4200, so it picks up all the latest graphical effects.

Was if worth it? Welll, I guess so.

The only down side is Lyonesse is now dead. A bit sad really, as I used to spend a lot of time there.

E

Ekydus

Agreed.
Gothwaite harbour is also very handy for RvR and such.

F

Flimgoblin

avalon is the new lyonesse...

Camp spots 1 through 5... get in line and join the queue.

Was more fun just after SI was released and there wasn't a group at every camp spot :)

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
avalon is the new lyonesse...

Camp spots 1 through 5... get in line and join the queue.

Was more fun just after SI was released and there wasn't a group at every camp spot :)

Yeah, cant agree more. First half dozen or so times through Avalon was a complete hoot. I think the place is more fun if you go with a slightly understrength group (long as you got mincer + pally :) ). Makes for some comedy pitched battles

A

alithiel50

What they really need to fix in Avalon are the bizarre pathing algorithms that have monsters wandering off all over the place before they finally decide to come and fight, and the strange invisibility that affects monsters and players when they pass across certain boundaries within the city... :rolleyes:

Apart from this little complaint, I've quite enjoyed levelling my Paladin and Theurgist in there recently... I finally got them to 45 last night, so I'll be there looking for some higher level groups later on! ;)

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by alithiel50
What they really need to fix in Avalon are the bizarre pathing algorithms that have monsters wandering off all over the place before they finally decide to come and fight, and the strange invisibility that affects monsters and players when they pass across certain boundaries within the city... :rolleyes:

Apart from this little complaint, I've quite enjoyed levelling my Paladin and Theurgist in there recently... I finally got them to 45 last night, so I'll be there looking for some higher level groups later on! ;)

hehe, yep. Sorcs and Cabbie's can find the going pretty difficult in there. THe best spot for wonky pathing is just behind the barricade bit with the wagon. Pull from there and the mobs go for a long walk before they get to you.. Its actually almost exploitable (if it were more predictable). Knowing Mythic, they'll just explain it away as some kind of problem with the Lay-lines under the city causing inner ear troubles or something :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by g0ldenbone
some kind of problem with the Lay-lines under the city causing inner ear troubles or something :)

:ROFLMAO:

B

baphomet

I noticed the pathing problems.
They're pretty funny alright.

Question:
In the sewers, in the room where you have the fish in the centre guarded by the lizards.
The uniqwue demon thing at the back.
How long until it respawns.
It seems like a long time. (1 hour + maybe?)

A

acei

Yeah Avalon is great... i've not searched all the SI area's yet, i will when i reach 50 but until then i'm either going to be in the frontiers, Avalon City or Gothwaite (SUPERB for spellcrafting and alchemy!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom