I Love Noobies!

T

Tenko

Bit off topic this

But I love new players :clap:

In every online game, I love new players. I love helping them and talking to them and guiding them and making new friends and basking in their wide eyed wonder at the new world they've found.

Am I the only one?

Of course not but its absolutely one of my greatest pleasure in any online game.

Shame we get so jaded so quick eh? ;)

How about you?

ps: The title doesnt really do the topic justice, as noobie can also mean "annoying little wannabee" as well as new player.

N

Nightchill

New players are what keeps a mmorpg alive. More than happy to help anyone out (providing they at least tried to work it out themselves first).

W

|WarpiG|

There was a rumour in beta that part of the FSCS was linked to the amount of time spent wearing the (HELPER) tag, that went out the window... but there is still the "good samaritan" badge that is awarded by the CSR's

I spend time around Kor Vella (my birth/start location) wen none of PA is online, i sit around the Durni and gubber spawns an heal the noobie's as they get incapped :) I then sit down again an wait an see if they say thanks or Hi or ask for some help or anything.

Took a small group of them to dathomir once, payed for return tickets and cloning, then showed them what this game is like when you have a nice group of friendly people killing things for fun :) They where all still wearing the novice clothing and cdef's but they all left with 40K in the bank an a nice chunk of wounds :)

N

norwegicus

i HATE being a n00b... runing around not knowing what the hell im doing or where im going.
first char allways end up totaly gimped :p

N

Nightchill

except you can't gimp yourself in swg since you can change your stats and profession at will :)

D

Durzel

About 2 weeks after I started playing I bumped into a newbie player getting beaten up by a Meatlump (it was light blue to me at the time). I assisted him and he asked "I dont suppose you've got any meat do you?".. so I gave him virtually all the meat I had, which was about 6k worth.

At first he didn't want to accept it, but I insisted.

About a month or so later I bump into him again, and hes a Master Doctor. He now gives me free buffs for life :)

The moral of this story? It pays to be friendly to newbies, you don't know when it might reward you in the future!

A

amuse

Originally posted by norwegicus
i HATE being a n00b... runing around not knowing what the hell im doing or where im going.
first char allways end up totaly gimped :p

i know the feeling :), but my first char turned oute nicly, was a creature handler/carbineer..
i know i know, and odd mix, but hey, it worked when i had my stims to prevent me form killing myself :p

Anyways, alot of friendly helpfull ppl oute there, so just ask ppl if u wonder aboute stuff, dont keep it inside u couse ur ashamed to be a noob, its nothing to be ashamed of, the only thing noob means if ur a new player, is that u have an exuse for when u mees up :p

Anyways, if u wonder aboute something, and play on the "Europe - FarStar" server, dont hesitate to ask me if u see me. my name is Tinia', with the ' :)

ps: the reason for the ' is that i made a char with the wrong "stat migration" first, and had to remake, and the server hadnt registerd that the name Tinia was free now, becouse i deleted the char.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Yep, I'm a newbie-lover too, though I'm also a noobie myself at the moment. It's a lot of fun helping folks out in any MMOG.

A

azvero

the only ever thing the noobies ask nowadays is : SHARNAF GROUPS INVITE PLZ?!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom