I know you can help me your all so great!

D

[DAD]Monty73

I have recently decided to try Windows XP after solving the problem I used to have with it.

But when I am playing EF (any game) I get disconnected from the net after about 25 mins!!! Its not set to disconnect if idle, what’s the problem?

I was just in a game were I was in the winning team and MVP by a long shot, after getting cut off and reconnecting I scored lowest at 20 odd :(

HELP ME PLEASE!

I know this is not the techy forum but hey you guys know stuff ;)

O

old.Dreadnought

i seriously doubt it has ewt to do with XP itself...maybe it does but it seems more like an IE prob..

which version r u using?

and make sure u check ure IE options... MAKE sure theres no d/c if idle or d/c after 20 mins etc...

ive used XP and it never did this to me, so maybe its an ID prob?

D

[DAD]Monty73

OH how embarrassing to have posted this and then found the problem to be something I checked :uhoh:

I had checked it in Internet Explorer in

Connections
My ISP - Settings
Advanced

and it was set not to d/c at all!

However in the Properties of My ISP it takes me to my ISDN terminal card properties and in the options tab there it was clear as day "Idle Time Before Hanging Up = 20 mins"

Stupid stupid stupid

That said, thanx for replying m8 as I would not have looked again without you :D

Cheers!
[DAD]Grateful73

D

Disco PhoolCat

You know it, m8 - you only find things when you ask someone else to help you look, then you find it yourself every time!

D

[DAD]Monty73

I have 98 and XP on a duel boot, just in case ;)

W

widdy

If you have them on duel boots wouldn't that be dangerous???

You may scratch the disks! ;) lol

O

old.Dreadnought

np m8 :D

ive done shit like that b4... just forget to look EVERYTHING over.... shit happens ;)

o btw, u owe me a beer :)

Users who are viewing this thread