i just lost

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
An hour of my life that i wont get back for a few months, NERF DAYLIGHT SAVING TIMES, add an hour to clocks BS :(

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
good reminder:

anyone browsing this remember to change the times on all your clocks/watches

we just lost an hour :|

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
what's worse is it's my flatmates birthday, they stole an hour of his drinking time!

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
now that just sucks, he has it even worse then the rest of us, he loses an hour of drinking :(

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
weird that.. i thought my pc clock was being funny :/

we will get that hour back sometime though.. just you wait.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
in a few months when it goes back, but i want my hour back now :(, ah well, i can wait, an hour wont kill me (i hope)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
GF woke me up just now to tell me about it, i wanted to sleep :(

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Why can't we just stick to GMT all year?

Changing timezones = Annoy0ring.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Rather than going forward an hour - what about going back 23 hours?

so at 1am on Sunday morning - it effectivly becomes 2am Saturday morning

so you get a WHOLE nother weekend day

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I cried irl when I found out i'd missed seasami(V.Sp?) street. :(

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:

What if it happens on a tuesday.... YOU HAVE TO DO TUESDAY ALL OVER AGAIN!

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
nah i think it should just happen on the weekend closest to it, so u get a longer weekend to laze about :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
What if it happens on a tuesday.... YOU HAVE TO DO TUESDAY ALL OVER AGAIN!

uhm im probably to sober for this, but daytime changes always happen the night from saturday to sunday. So you could do saturday all over or skip sunday completly, but doing tuesday all over isnt a real option :p.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:

mhm, allways from Saturday to Sunday.
But when we're adjusting the clock forward, just 1 day in the weekend? ;|

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
etcetra said:
mhm, allways from Saturday to Sunday.
But when we're adjusting the clock forward, just 1 day in the weekend? ;|

it beats having a 6 days work week :p.

but basically it isnt a good idea ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Delrith said:
testing something

Me too, definatly not a +1 to get food for my pet... well ok it is, but i'll add somthing interesting. Did you know that Daylight Savings was originally created so Farmers could get an extra hours worth of work out of their already over-worked, underpaid illegal alien workers?

More so did you know the Brand. Corperation were involved in the first ever Genetically engineers combine harvester? Unfortunatly instead of giving it a taste for the corn they actually gave it predator instincts. What followed was a hidiously bloody and epic adventure as 'Timmy' the local vicar's son battled against the mutant beast with his long lost hooker mother 'Suzie' finally ending in an epic battles of awe inspring proportion which left the planet shaking in recoil!

... and of course, then the Brand. Corperation use their mindslugs to wipe everyones mind so as far as those of you with mindslugs attached to your heads are concerned it never happened.

Anyway, Thanks for the food.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i thought it was so we didnt have to go to work in the dark etc

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
iirc they started putting the clocks foward an hour for summer in WW1 so they could give the farmers/weapon factories extra daylight to work in... and they also put it foward 2 hours during WW2... dunno why they couldn't just get up an hour earlier without changing the clocks though...

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Me too, definatly not a +1 to get food for my pet... well ok it is, but i'll add somthing interesting. Did you know that Daylight Savings was originally created so Farmers could get an extra hours worth of work out of their already over-worked, underpaid illegal alien workers?

More so did you know the Brand. Corperation were involved in the first ever Genetically engineers combine harvester? Unfortunatly instead of giving it a taste for the corn they actually gave it predator instincts. What followed was a hidiously bloody and epic adventure as 'Timmy' the local vicar's son battled against the mutant beast with his long lost hooker mother 'Suzie' finally ending in an epic battles of awe inspring proportion which left the planet shaking in recoil!

... and of course, then the Brand. Corperation use their mindslugs to wipe everyones mind so as far as those of you with mindslugs attached to your heads are concerned it never happened.

Anyway, Thanks for the food.
actually it wasnt a +1 so my pet can get food or what ever...tbh I dont even use the pet just made it to have a look..anyway for me to get rid of it?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Gama said:
iirc they started putting the clocks foward an hour for summer in WW1 so they could give the farmers/weapon factories extra daylight to work in... and they also put it foward 2 hours during WW2... dunno why they couldn't just get up an hour earlier without changing the clocks though...

if you are told to get up at 5 am you go uugh (well i do), but if you are told to move your clock 2 hours ahead (so you think you get up at 7 but it is 5) than you only go uugh once:p.

And now it is mostly done so people can still have the same living schedule (meaning getting up at x, etc), except that the sun shines on most part of the day. We could also realize it might be better to go to bed at 9 pm and get up at 4 am, but I doubt that would happen:p.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
i remember some bit in the news talking about whether or not it was sensible moving the clocks so there was no daylight when kids were going home from school. something about higher risk of accidents on the road or something

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
bleh remove the time changing crap, not like it's any use anymore now we have electicity and stuff

no need to save cash on oil lamps or whatever >.<

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Vodkafairy said:
bleh remove the time changing crap, not like it's any use anymore now we have electicity and stuff

no need to save cash on oil lamps or whatever >.<

candles you mean? :eek:

but i thought this also applied to electricity e.g. not having to use lights on the more "busy" times of the day

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Delrith said:
anyway for me to get rid of it?

Ignore it for 5days, you'll have a rotting animal carcass in your User CP and you won't be invited to respectable dinner partys but atleast you won't have to feed it anymore ;)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I was going to puke that hour, so I’m kind of glad we skipped it.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I booked today off work and slept 2 hours extra to make up for losing one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom